British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Just because it doesn’t interest you doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect you. Especially in post Brexit Britain, the guy in charge of the US is going be very very relevant. 

I’ll be completely honest and admit I have no understanding of the yellow jacket movement and I couldn’t give a shit about them quite frankly. :lol: 

Same with me and US politics. Bernard Matthews or some cunt? It is all a load of nonsense. 

Farage's bash outside Westminster will probably end up consisting of cropped-haired football louts, each carrying (ironically perhaps) six-packs of the wife-beater. Incidentally, remainers have had yet another meltdown over Farage's speech this evening.

Check out this Finnish bit of Eurosceptic crumpet,

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 28/1/2020 at 5:45 PM, spunko12345 said:

Is that your wank rag?

I would like to know where the money to make that wank rag came from.

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

See, I would say the same thing about the Trump impeachment (zzzz) and a sportsperson dying who nobody in this country has ever heard of (except Piers Morgen). I am infinitely more interested in the French riots than I am above. 

For news about France watch France 24. It is like a French version of CNN

22 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

See, I would say the same thing about the Trump impeachment (zzzz) and a sportsperson dying who nobody in this country has ever heard of (except Piers Morgen). I am infinitely more interested in the French riots than I am above. 

But obviously most people aren't. French people doing French things is less interesting to me than the sitting president of USA being impeached. The former affects me nothing, the latter is both entertaining and will affect world politics.

Edited by SoulMonster

Yellow vests movement is hitting closer to home because we have had ''small'' yellow vest protests ourselves since the French ones. Trump impeachment is more entertaining but it's not going anywhere. I'm afraid it will only benefit him in the end.

I don't find Trump's stuff entertaining in the slightest but each to their own. There isn't even a jizz soaked dress this time round.

4 hours ago, Padme said:

For news about France watch France 24. It is like a French version of CNN

But then why is American news on British televisions? Both the French and American news are inherently foreign news items. (This is rhetorical by the way just in case Soul wades in).

And why was a sports person's death who nobody has ever heard of in this country headline news?

Edited by DieselDaisy

I don't find Trump's stuff entertaining in the slightest but each to their own. There isn't even a jizz soaked dress this time round.

There is something so lame about it, isn't there?  See, I think things like Watergate etc are so memorable because of the attendant cultural thing that was going on at the time, there is a sort of fatalistic inevitability and a cynicism to my view of all this shit right now where its like...man, who gives a fuck, you know fuck alls gonna happen to the cunt anyway, so he gets impeached, so what, what difference does it make?  They ain't gonna sling him out, thats for sure.  So with that said, its all just a fucking charade. 

Brexit is more interesting than that and thats fuckin' depressing and all.  At  the very least though with Brexit you have something of a victory for democracy and the democratic process.  I admittedly don't know fuck all about Brexit in terms of like will it be good or bad for the nation but end of the day when the people have spoken it is the job of public servants i.e. the government to ennact the fuckin' shit that the people voted on and thats whats happened soooo...there you have it.  Whether there's good or bad times ahead now as a result of that, well, we'll have to lie in the bed we've made, is what it is innit :shrugs:

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But then why is American news on British televisions? Both the French and American news are inherently foreign news items. (This is rhetorical by the way just in case Soul wades in).

And why was a sports person's death who nobody has ever heard of in this country headline news?

Then you don't watch Colbert, Seth Myers or Trevor Noah.

Why you have foreign news on your television? :lol: Yeah, I reckon that must be perplexing to a nationalist like yourself. Still, you complain about the lack of French coverage.

Maybe you should stop thinking everybody is as ignorant about sports as yourself? 

So commencing tomorrow 11pm, correct me if I'm wrong, there will be pharmaceutical shortages; traffic clogged-up from Dover; Eurostar delays-cancellations; food shortages whilst rotten food lies in depots; blackouts? 

We'll see if any of this transpires then? We really will. 

However in other news, there is another one (Norway) signed today thank you very much https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1235426/brexit-latest-news-boris-johnson-withdrawal-deal-EU-trade-talks

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Then you don't watch Colbert, Seth Myers or Trevor Noah.

Why you have foreign news on your television? :lol: Yeah, I reckon that must be perplexing to a nationalist like yourself. Still, you complain about the lack of French coverage.

Maybe you should stop thinking everybody is as ignorant about sports as yourself? 

It is hilarious as I knew he'd reply with something like this - I am now that used to his manner - so preempted him, and he has ignored my preemptive strategy and simply replied regardless haha.

I have never even heard of those aforementioned people. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

15 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I feel about as excited as Ann Widecombes dry old chuff.

I think her minge must surpass death valley as the driest place on earth. I'm literally shocked that the act of her inner thighs rubbing together isn't responsible for an Australian bush fire. :lol: 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

For those not in the UK and confused. After Friday we enter a transition peroid where nothing changes (except we can't remain) until the end of the year. Basically part of the EU, but without any influence.

Hope you get a decent night's kip tonight and aren't kept awake crying your eyes out.

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Brexit is more interesting than that and thats fuckin' depressing and all.  At  the very least though with Brexit you have something of a victory for democracy and the democratic process.  I admittedly don't know fuck all about Brexit in terms of like will it be good or bad for the nation but end of the day when the people have spoken it is the job of public servants i.e. the government to ennact the fuckin' shit that the people voted on and thats whats happened soooo...there you have it.  Whether there's good or bad times ahead now as a result of that, well, we'll have to lie in the bed we've made, is what it is innit :shrugs:

It's only a victory for democracy if you feel like you're part of the demos that voted for it. Brexit's really an English and Welsh thing, Scotland has no interest in it - it was defeated soundly in the referendum and perception of it has only worsened since. I guess you can't complain if you view it as a regional division within one nation - that's a standard thing in democracies - but for me, Scotland is my country and the United Kingdom is just a contract that we're currently a signatory to. The last half-century of democratic discourse has shown us to be a distinct demos with our own political culture and aspirations. As such, Brexit feels completely foreign to me and to the community I live in - the overwhelming majority of the people I know want no part of it. It's beyond frustrating.