Jump to content
Gracii Guns

British Politics

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He circumnavigated and contravened Hitler's racial policy at every turn.

If you are right that the Labour party is an anti-semitic political party, then one of their members chastising her leaders for not doing enough about this and personally declaring war on racism, just makes the comparison better, and should be something you would cheer and applaud. But your hatred of Labour (or indifference to racism...) means you cannot follow simple logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jess Phillips out of the leadership race and Thornberry can't have much longer to go so I guess it's going to be down to Wrong-Daily, Starmer or Nandy. I actually like Lisa Nandy more the more I read about her but I can't see her winning and I don't think she has the charisma to take on Johnson at the dispatch box.

Edited by Dazey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Jess Phillips out of the leadership race and Thornberry can't have much longer to go so I guess it's going to be down to Wrong-Daily, Starmer or Nandy. I actually like Lisa Nandy more the more I read about her but I can't see her winning and I don't think she has the charisma to take on Johnson at the dispatch box.

Out of that dire lot, Nandy has to be the best choice. I wouldn't completely rule her out either as she has the support of the GMB. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

If you are right that the Labour party is an anti-semitic political party, then one of their members chastising her leaders for not doing enough about this and personally declaring war on racism, just makes the comparison better, and should be something you would cheer and applaud. But your hatred of Labour (or indifference to racism...) means you cannot follow simple logic.

I certainly loath Momentum, and make no apologies for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry is in Canada with Megan. All is right with the world! lol

Tell me why anyone should care about these two living their lives they way they want to?

I commend them for doing this because you know the Royals aren't happy about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Harry is in Canada with Megan. All is right with the world! lol

Tell me why anyone should care about these two living their lives they way they want to?

I commend them for doing this because you know the Royals aren't happy about it.

Because it is the British taxpayer footing the bill. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Because it is the British taxpayer footing the bill. 

Personally, I would feel much better if my taxmoney was used for a young couple to enjoy their lives and love in peaceful Canada than for them having to endure a tortuous existence as meaningless royals in the UK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoulMonster said:

Personally, I would feel much better if my taxmoney was used for a young couple to enjoy their lives and love in peaceful Canada than for them having to endure a tortuous existence as meaningless royals in the UK. 

You are veering into a whole different type of argument, but so long as they are royalty, and consequentially derive money from the nation, it is seen as an unwritten prerequisite that they fulfill numerous obligations in Britain.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You are veering into a whole different type of argument, but so long as they are royalty, and consequentially derive money from the nation, it is seen as an unwritten prerequisite that they fulfill numerous obligations in Britain.  

I think they have just proven you wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Because it is the British taxpayer footing the bill. 

Harry is royal by birth thus will always need security. The Queen should pay for that out of her own pocket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think they have just proven you wrong. 

You clearly do not know sufficient about the story to comment. They are forgoing public money, paying back monies spent on refurbishing Frogmore House, and resigning from public duties. They also can no longer use HRH and Harry has relinquished his military appointments. 

Quote

What I want to make clear is we’re not walking away, and we certainly aren’t walking away from you. Our hope was to continue serving the Queen, the Commonwealth, and my military associations, but without public funding. Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible.

Prince Harry, 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You clearly do not know sufficient about the story to comment. They are forgoing public money, paying back monies spent on refurbishing Frogmore House, and resigning from public duties. They also can no longer use HRH and Harry has relinquished his military appointments. 

That's brilliant, then :) Then surely everybody is happy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

That's brilliant, then :) Then surely everybody is happy? 

Except for you as you have been made to look an arse - again - haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Except for you as you have been made to look an arse - again - haha.

On the contrary, I was very happy to hear they have escaped royalty :) Good for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: It's getting a bit ridiculous when a handful of people jump on Diesel's every post, however uncontroversial, to try and twist it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Harry is royal by birth thus will always need security. The Queen should pay for that out of her own pocket. 

Didn't they say they wanted to be financially independent? In that case they should pay for security.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know about anybody else but I'm glad to see the UK "taking back control" post Brexit. 

Rule Britannia! God Save the Queen! Tinkety tonk and down with the Nazis old fruit etc etc! :lol: 

Quote

Donald Trump will slap tariffs on UK goods if Boris Johnson introduces a 'tech tax' on Google and Amazon, US treasury secretary warns

  • Steven Mnuchin's warning comes after France backed out and pledged with US
  • UK PM Boris Johnson in December had vowed to make tech giants pay fair tax
  • Italy also approved a similar tax in the 2019 budget but it has not activated it yet
  • Mnuchin said he hoped UK and Italy would suspend their plans to impose taxes

US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has said Britain and Italy will face tariffs if they proceed with a tax on digital companies like Google and Facebook.

Mnuchin's warning comes after France backed out and pledged with the United States to avoid a trade war until at least the end of the year.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson in December had vowed to make major multinational companies pay their fair share of tax, including the implementation of a Digital Services Tax.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7914287/Donald-Trump-slap-tariffs-UK-goods-UK-introduces-tech-tax-Google-Amazon.html

Edited by Dazey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Don't know about anybody else but I'm glad to see the UK "taking back control" post Brexit. :lol:

 

 

Fuck em then. 

Let's get Bramerica done. We can just exclusively trade with our former Colonies, and if that works, (and I cant see how it could fail) maybe get a little Empire started up again.

Or Amexit.

Edited by spunko12345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a good case could be made for you not being able to govern yourself and that you should welcome Scandinavian overrule again. I am grinding my battle axe as I speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoulMonster said:

I am grinding my battle axe as I speak.

Oo err!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I think a good case could be made for you not being able to govern yourself and that you should welcome Scandinavian overrule again. I am grinding my battle axe as I speak.

If this was the case we would still be Brexiting considering Norway has sensibly rejected joining the EU twice in referenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If this was the case we would still be Brexiting considering Norway has sensibly rejected joining the EU twice in referenda.

We certainly wouldn't want a vassal state to be part of another union, so yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We certainly wouldn't want a vassal state to be part of another union, so yes. 

The only thing the Scandinavians would be seen invading in England these days is the Manchester gay clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

The only thing the Scandinavians would be seen invading in England these days is the Manchester gay clubs. 

Really? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Really? :lol:

I was assuming there are a few more of you who glory seek so have selected a convenient locality for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was assuming there are a few more of you who glory seek so have selected a convenient locality for you. 

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×