British Politics

Gracii Guns

21 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is because we, the RAF, bombed the heck out of it in 1944-45.

It used to be more beautiful and medieval - more like Prague is today I suppose. 

The problem was the Soviet Union. They turned Berlin into Little Moscow :cry:

If you got to Munich or Nuremberg you get to see the traditional medieval/Belle Epoque buildings 

On 03/02/2020 at 10:59 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Strangely I didn't see any drunken Brits in Prague and I was very much expecting it but saw none. But I was never out too late and drank in authentic places I had researched beforehand so maybe I just missed them.

There was a bunch of old drunken trollops, hens, on the plane going, happily inebriated of course and they were on the same plane returning now possessing faces like smacked arses.

I've been there 4 times now the first time I stayed in a youth hostel and got my bag and passport nicked. The other times we rented an apartment.

It's probably my favourite city in Europe (apart from Swansea). I've been to a few of the town's around the outskirts aswell. There's a church nearby which is completely covered in human skulls. All over the building is just skulls and bones.

https://sedlecossuary.com

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I've been there 4 times now the first time I stayed in a youth hostel and got my bag and passport nicked. The other times we rented an apartment.

It's probably my favourite city in Europe (apart from Swansea). I've been to a few of the town's around the outskirts aswell. There's a church nearby which is completely covered in human skulls. All over the building is just skulls and bones.

https://sedlecossuary.com

I would be going back there myself if I wasn't going to Kraków (and Lord's/London again) - ever been to Kraków?

39 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would be going back there myself if I wasn't going to Kraków (and Lord's/London again) - ever been to Kraków?

No never been there. I've got a 4 year old slowing me down now so I doubt I will get the opportunity to explore too much for a while. 

My next trip I've got lined up is Butlins Minehead in the Easter holidays 😄

Oh yeah I'm going to Lords aswell in April but that's only 2 days.

Edited by spunko12345

Boris government is beginning to piss Brexiteers off. Huawai or whatever they are called. Building a bridge between remainer Scotland and remainer Northern Ireland. Hammond and Ken Clarke, arch-remainers, in the Lords!! I have a funny feeling Boris will sacrifice our territorial waters - and probably a great deal more - for a trade deal with the EU, and shall not be expecting that northern cash injection anytime soon. What a knobhead. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Boris government is beginning to piss Brexiteers off. Huawai or whatever they are called. Building a bridge between remainer Scotland and remainer Northern Ireland. Hammond and Ken Clarke, arch-remainers, in the Lords!! I have a funny feeling Boris will sacrifice our territorial waters - and probably a great deal more - for a trade deal with the EU, and shall not be expecting that northern cash injection anytime soon. What a knobhead. 

Gwan Boris me old son! I never doubted you for a second sunshine! He's clearly not as daft as he looks and now he's seen the impact that simply banning EU fishing fleets from our waters will have on the wider economy. It's almost as if I was right all along. :lol:  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dazey said:

Gwan Boris me old son! I never doubted you for a second sunshine! He's clearly not as daft as he looks and now he's seen the impact that simply banning EU fishing fleets from our waters will have on the wider economy. It's almost as if I was right all along. :lol:  

We'll see. 

I actually have said in the past that he is not the greatest Brexiteer. It is weird how people have this perception. He prevaricated on it before the referendum and went to the European School, Brussels, which is basically the EU's indoctrination school, to create new EU elites. His brother and sister are both up a EU bum also. 

50 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

You can't get a takeaway delivered to number 10 apparently. Johnson was waffling on about it in one of the interviews during the last election campaign.

Most of the prime minsters dislike Number 10. Run down apparently and cramped. They do however love Chequers.