Gracii Guns

British Politics

So commencing tomorrow 11pm, correct me if I'm wrong, there will be pharmaceutical shortages; traffic clogged-up from Dover; Eurostar delays-cancellations; food shortages whilst rotten food lies in depots; blackouts? 

We'll see if any of this transpires then? We really will. 

However in other news, there is another one (Norway) signed today thank you very much https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1235426/brexit-latest-news-boris-johnson-withdrawal-deal-EU-trade-talks

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Then you don't watch Colbert, Seth Myers or Trevor Noah.

Why you have foreign news on your television? :lol: Yeah, I reckon that must be perplexing to a nationalist like yourself. Still, you complain about the lack of French coverage.

Maybe you should stop thinking everybody is as ignorant about sports as yourself? 

It is hilarious as I knew he'd reply with something like this - I am now that used to his manner - so preempted him, and he has ignored my preemptive strategy and simply replied regardless haha.

I have never even heard of those aforementioned people. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

36 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Then you don't watch Colbert, Seth Myers or Trevor Noah.

I love Trevor Noah, he does a fantastic job replacing Jon Stewart.

• Like 1

I suppose I am buffeted by a lot that is American. I wouldn't know for instance who Conan or Letterman was if they passed me on a street. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never even heard of those aforementioned people. 

Doesn't surprise me. They are late night talk shows hosts in USA.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Doesn't surprise me. They are late night talk shows hosts in USA.

To be honest, outside sport, I don't watch any television irrespective of nationality, except the news in the morning. 

24 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

independence-day.jpg

Feels like Christmas Eve.

Strange! I've normally been chucked out of the pub and shit myself by this point. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

independence-day.jpg

Feels like Christmas Eve.

I feel about as excited as Ann Widecombes dry old chuff.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I feel about as excited as Ann Widecombes dry old chuff.

I think her minge must surpass death valley as the driest place on earth. I'm literally shocked that the act of her inner thighs rubbing together isn't responsible for an Australian bush fire. :lol: 

• Haha 1

This most momentous and patriotic occasion and the two of you are discussing Ann Widdecombe's minge?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

This most momentous and patriotic occasion and the two of you are discussing Ann Widdecombe's minge?

It's simply an economic debate. Brexit 50p to Ann Widdecombe's tuppence. :lol: 

For those not in the UK and confused. After Friday we enter a transition peroid where nothing changes (except we can't remain) until the end of the year. Basically part of the EU, but without any influence.

16 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

For those not in the UK and confused. After Friday we enter a transition peroid where nothing changes (except we can't remain) until the end of the year. Basically part of the EU, but without any influence.

Hope you get a decent night's kip tonight and aren't kept awake crying your eyes out.

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Brexit is more interesting than that and thats fuckin' depressing and all.  At  the very least though with Brexit you have something of a victory for democracy and the democratic process.  I admittedly don't know fuck all about Brexit in terms of like will it be good or bad for the nation but end of the day when the people have spoken it is the job of public servants i.e. the government to ennact the fuckin' shit that the people voted on and thats whats happened soooo...there you have it.  Whether there's good or bad times ahead now as a result of that, well, we'll have to lie in the bed we've made, is what it is innit :shrugs:

It's only a victory for democracy if you feel like you're part of the demos that voted for it. Brexit's really an English and Welsh thing, Scotland has no interest in it - it was defeated soundly in the referendum and perception of it has only worsened since. I guess you can't complain if you view it as a regional division within one nation - that's a standard thing in democracies - but for me, Scotland is my country and the United Kingdom is just a contract that we're currently a signatory to. The last half-century of democratic discourse has shown us to be a distinct demos with our own political culture and aspirations. As such, Brexit feels completely foreign to me and to the community I live in - the overwhelming majority of the people I know want no part of it. It's beyond frustrating.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

It's only a victory for democracy if you feel like you're part of the demos that voted for it. Brexit's really an English and Welsh thing, Scotland has no interest in it - it was defeated soundly in the referendum and perception of it has only worsened since. I guess you can't complain if you view it as a regional division within one nation - that's a standard thing in democracies - but for me, Scotland is my country and the United Kingdom is just a contract that we're currently a signatory to. The last half-century of democratic discourse has shown us to be a distinct demos with our own political culture and aspirations. As such, Brexit feels completely foreign to me and to the community I live in - the overwhelming majority of the people I know want no part of it. It's beyond frustrating.

38% of Scotland voted to leave the European Union, hardly the insignificant percentage the SNP make out - in fact it is only two percent less than London. There are English constituencies which voted significantly more for remain than Scotland (62%) did, Lambeth 78.6%, Hackney 78.5, etc. And Moray voted 49% leave!

To split up a United Kingdom-wide popular referendum by home nation is an artificial construct.

Edited by DieselDaisy

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

38.00% of Scotland voted to leave the European Union, hardly the insignificant percentage - in fact it is only two percent less than London. Moray voted 49% to leave! 

London's a city, Scotland's a country, urban and rural. Leave couldn't manage a majority in a single local authority area, even Moray - and there's plenty of electoral data to illustrate that the voting trends relating to Brexit (see UKIP, the Brexit Party and the Tories in 2019) that have manifested in England and Wales since the referendum have not been borne out in Scotland. Any political scientist would be able to see that we're not pulling in the same direction. 

6 minutes ago, Graeme said:

London's a city, Scotland's a country, urban and rural. Leave couldn't manage a majority in a single local authority area, even Moray - and there's plenty of electoral data to illustrate that the voting trends relating to Brexit (see UKIP, the Brexit Party and the Tories in 2019) that have manifested in England and Wales since the referendum have not been borne out in Scotland. Any political scientist would be able to see that we're not pulling in the same direction. 

The election wasn't by home nations. It was a popular vote of the entire United Kingdom. If the referendum was by constituent home nations you'd have a point. To put it another way, if the Scottish nationals were actually correct and not being thoroughly disingenuous about Scotland ''voting overwhelmingly remain'', remain would have certainly won in 2016 as that 38% of Scots leavers tipped the balance. 

Obviously it suits the ''Scottish national'' bias to try and portray Brexit as an England v Scotland problem as much as possible but the referendum results tell a different story.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Surely the war against political correctness has to begin now? We have just seen a respectable and venerable news reader sacked for quoting William Shakespeare. The public are now at breaking point, being castigated for being ''white'', ''male'' ''privileged'', ''ignorant'' and ''uneducated'' by arrogant Woke-green-remaniac liberals sitting in Islington townhouses and celebrity luvvies. They are sick of paying for the elitist BBC (even if they never watch it), who actively represent these values.

I am looking at the support Laurence Fox received, and the fight back begins now. #TheTideIsTurning on twitter.

Time to eradicate political correctness, consigning it to the dustbin of history alongside other fundamentalist beliefs like fascism and communism (with which it shares a lineage).

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Surely the war against political correctness has to begin now? We have just seen a respectable and venerable news reader sacked for quoting William Shakespeare. The public are now at breaking point, being castigated for being ''white'', ''male'' ''privileged'', ''ignorant'' and ''uneducated'' by arrogant Woke-green-remaniac liberals sitting in Islington townhouses and celebrity luvvies. They are sick of paying for the elitist BBC (even if they never watch it), who actively represent these values.

I am looking at the support Laurence Fox received, and the fight back begins now. #TheTideIsTurning on twitter.

Time to eradicate political correctness, consigning it to the dustbin of history alongside other fundamentalist beliefs like fascism and communism (with which it shares a lineage).

To be fair, Lawrence Fox is an absolute bellend. 

58 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Candlelit vigil in Edinburgh tonight, apparently. :lol:

It only looks like a bunch of candles from a distance. :lol:

addict-preparing-drugs-185245989-5b34002 

• Haha 4

I'm a lazy ass motherfucker that can't be bothered to google OR read anything rn, but how's brexit gonna affect me, a swede (yes, the vegetable obviously) going to England again? Does anyone have any idea on whether it'll be as much of a drag as getting into the US or Russia with visas and all that, or? Like, will you need a tourist visa? Or maybe no one knows lol

3 minutes ago, john lennon said:

I'm a lazy ass motherfucker that can't be bothered to google OR read anything rn, but how's brexit gonna affect me, a swede (yes, the vegetable obviously) going to England again? Does anyone have any idea on whether it'll be as much of a drag as getting into the US or Russia with visas and all that, or? Like, will you need a tourist visa? Or maybe no one knows lol

I doubt it, they ain't gonna wanna deliberately fuck up tourism, what good would that do anyone?