British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You obviously want your argument today? You haven't had one in, oh, about two days. You know you get sick when you don't have your argument?

I was pointing out that worrying about gender fluidity and transsexuals is such a waste of time and getting apoplectic because of any political policies regarding such is pointless. It doesn't matter to you or me, unless, of course, you happen to be transsexual and then it is only good for you. If you want to argue this, fine, if not, just move along. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I was pointing out that worrying about gender fluidity and transsexuals is such a waste of time and getting apoplectic because of any political policies regarding such is pointless. It doesn't matter to you or me, unless, of course, you happen to be transsexual and then it is only good for you. If you want to argue this, fine, if not, just move along. 

This is a thread titled ''British Politics'' and this is what Her Majesty's Opposition are discussing during their leadership race. Seems pertinent to me.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is a thread titled ''British Politics'' and this is what Her Majesty's Opposition are discussing during their leadership race. Seems pertinent to me.

I haven't already expressed agreement that it is foolish of the Labour party to focus on such marginal, and polarizing, policies while in opposition. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I haven't already expressed agreement that it is foolish of the Labour party to focus on such marginal, and polarizing, policies while in opposition. 

The problem is they’re campaigning for the votes of about half a million party members for the leadership. Many of these members joined during the Corbyn era and are on the hard left of the party so we’re effectively having a woke-off to get their vote. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The problem is they’re campaigning for the votes of about half a million party members for the leadership. Many of these members joined during the Corbyn era and are on the hard left of the party so we’re effectively having a woke-off to get their vote. 

More like a wank-off. 

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Personally I get scared when the answer to any question isn't yes, no or a number which is why I didn't study the humanities. :lol:   

What about when your on your visits to the kebab van and Mehmet asks you what you want?

Or do they know you that well by now that you just go there and grunt "five" and they fill your box up. "Not hungry tonight Mr Dazey?"😄

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

To digress, I see that scenic view in your home town is getting a makeover,

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2020-02-20/steelmaking-to-return-to-redcar-within-three-years-as-major-deal-agreed-for-former-ssi-land/

Just made the headline (Tyne Tees) news. 

I'm cautiously optimistic. Boris is talking about some sort of tariff free port on the old steelworks site where we can receive raw materials, manufacture and export goods without customs checks. Not sure how much truth is in it but it's certainly welcome. This would be a massive win for the Tories if they can pull it off. Nobody here has an appetite to vote Labour anytime soon with that shower as shown above so this could turn Redcar blue for a long time to come. :shrugs:  

As a side note I rather like the scenic view. Used to love going to the beech at night and seeing the sky lit up with the flames from the blast furnace. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I'm cautiously optimistic. Boris is talking about some sort of tariff free port on the old steelworks site where we can receive raw materials, manufacture and export goods without customs checks. Not sure how much truth is in it but it's certainly welcome. This would be a massive win for the Tories if they can pull it off. Nobody here has an appetite to vote Labour anytime soon with that shower as shown above so this could turn Redcar blue for a long time to come. :shrugs:  

As a side note I rather like the scenic view. Used to love going to the beech at night and seeing the sky lit up with the flames from the blast furnace. :lol: 

If Boris reopens this railway route that once existed near me - axed by Beeching - as has been discussed, I would vote Tory myself. Probably all talk though, this northern resurgence. 

Latest in PC-Woke madness; SNP MP bringing drag queen to primary school; Yorkshire Tea boycotted because a Tory seen drinking; BBC producing documentary called ''Whiteness'' by prominent Asian racist; Labour still obsessing over transsexuals; university banning meat; Greta Thurnberg invited here to facilitate truancy and produce documentary for (you guessed it) Auntie; Corbyn, when confronted with the evidence of an Asian paedo grooming gang, merely responding ''white people commit crimes''.

Lunatic asylum that is the UK.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Latest in PC-Woke madness; SNP MP bringing drag queen to primary school; Yorkshire Tea boycotted because a Tory seen drinking; BBC producing documentary called ''Whiteness'' by prominent Asian racist; Labour still obsessing over transsexuals; university banning meat; Greta Thurnberg invited here to facilitate truancy and produce documentary for (you guessed it) Auntie; Corbyn, when confronted with the evidence of an Asian paedo grooming gang, merely responding ''white people commit crimes''.

Tory MP got his nob out in the pub 13 years ago and now the outrage brigade want him to go away forever. All this happened before he ever took public office and everybody was in on the joke at the time. 

Who hangs on to shit like this for 13 years to try and ruin some poor fucker who just got pissed and made a bit of a twat of himself?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mp-james-grundy-flashes-pub-17810300

7 hours ago, Dazey said:

Tory MP got his nob out in the pub 13 years ago and now the outrage brigade want him to go away forever. All this happened before he ever took public office and everybody was in on the joke at the time. 

Who hangs on to shit like this for 13 years to try and ruin some poor fucker who just got pissed and made a bit of a twat of himself?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mp-james-grundy-flashes-pub-17810300

We've all done it.

• Haha 1

On 25/02/2020 at 4:49 PM, DieselDaisy said:

The country has gone to the dogs.

On 25/02/2020 at 4:49 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Its a shame how woke has been co-opted and distorted as it has.  It was originally used in reference to the black power movement, it always had bad motherfucker connotations to me until contemporary usage.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 1:14 AM, Dazey said:

joaquin phoenix has told us not to cancel people, but the give second chance.

on the oscars, of all places.