British Politics

Gracii Guns

Well things just got more entertaining, as wasted put it. But Boris has nothing to do with that. Tony "War Criminal" Blair is saying thank you Corbyn by take care of Labour. But you can stick your soft Brexit and any kind of Brexit up inside your ass

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/15/brexit-followed-by-corbyn-put-uk-flat-on-back-tony-blair

On 7/17/2017 at 3:17 AM, AtariLegend said:

Go on, read through the comments and tell me the Mail isn't for fucking nutters.

Link to the original story or I'm calling bollocks.

EDIT: Nevermind! :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4367344/Adolf-Hitler-poses-children-Alpine-retreat.html#comments

Edited by Dazey

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Link to the original story or I'm calling bollocks.

Ummmm... come on Dazey, don't be lazy :P.

First google search result;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4367344/Adolf-Hitler-poses-children-Alpine-retreat.html

Go to comment section, sort by top rated. Half the comments including on those twitter pictures are still there.

-edit-

Hit post button several minutes too late...

Edited by AtariLegend

I do not know why atari is so obsessed with the Mail considering most of its content is just regular stories involving the topical (e.g. Charlie Gard), Diana, sex or murder. A teacher having it off with a student is a good example of what the Mail prints. The Mail loves a good teacher bonking story. Or some twee tale about a pensioner being fined for displaying a garden gnome. Yes it is right-wing in the politics it does espouse featured in the first few pages (pro-May; moderately Brexit; anti-Corbyn), and yes it possesses Hitchens, a man who'd make Enoch blush, but there really is little politics in the bloody thing! It is a paper for curtain twitchers and people who make homemade jam, not political animals (least of all, Neo-Nazis!).

Basically it is middle England's version of the Sun.

Now the Express is a different animal. The Express is far more Brexit than the Mail, and is literally full of political stories and ghastly European and/or Corbynista plots; it wouldn't be wrong to call the Express ''the anti-Europe'' paper, and it wouldn't be wrong to say that you have to be into your politics of a right description to read it. 

Maybe the confusion lies in them both being a bit obsessed with Diana?

Compare the two websites and you'll see exactly what I mean.

But still Atari harps on about the Mail...

(I think of him when I do my Sunday crossword!).

• 4 weeks later...

Still haven't warmed to the idea of leaving to be honest. I've been an EU citizen all my life and I don't really want my ability to move freely, live and work in 27 countries and to feel like I belong taken away because some Daily Express reading moron in fucking Hinckley or any of the other bumfuck English counties that voted to leave dislikes seeing Polish shops and thinks that Nigel Farage looks like the sort of bloke you could go for a pint with.

1 minute ago, Graeme said:

Still haven't warmed to the idea of leaving to be honest. I've been an EU citizen all my life and I don't really want my ability to move freely, live and work in 27 countries and to feel like I belong taken away because some Daily Express reading moron in fucking Hinckley or any of the other bumfuck English counties that voted to leave dislikes seeing Polish shops and thinks that Nigel Farage looks like the sort of bloke you could go for a pint with.

Really Graeme I thought better of you than that. I thought you were somewhat above that type of silliness.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I still say you cannot be a true man of the left and a supporter of the European Union. The two are completely antithetical.

If you can argue that science and Christianity are simpatico then I think he can have this one. 

On 8/28/2017 at 7:53 AM, Padme said:

I don't think it is a matter of right and left only.

You're wrong though.

There's two options;

1.) You're someone who reads tabloids, judges everything/everyone on how "they feel" and doesn't trust teachers, scientists or experts (not associated with political parties).

2;) You're a fucking filthy communist, scrounger, pleb.

Edited by AtariLegend

Just now, Dazey said:

If you can argue that science and Christianity are simpatico then I think he can have this one. 

You cannot argue against free market centre-righty supranational politics on the one hand - ''I am a man of the left'' - then suddenly start supporting the EU! 27 countries? How many countries does one expect to work in> What a spoilt brat.

On 28/08/2017 at 9:39 AM, AtariLegend said:

You're wrong though.

There's two options;

1.) You're someone who reads tabloids, judges everything/everyone on how "they feel" and doesn't trust teachers, scientists or experts (not associated with political parties).

2;) You're a fucking filthy communist, scrounger, plebiscite.

That means referendum doesn't it?