British Politics

Gracii Guns

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

clenched teeth, paralysed smile, cocaine eyes, the two back-hands pushing forward gesture punctuating each syllable, am I close? :lol:

The clue is you speak with a slightly homosexual lisp, and cusp your hand and prod the air as you speak. ''Look look look, we will find weapons of mass destruction and we will hold a referendum on the european single currency''. ''My govment...proposes....a series of targets and a coherent vision for a brighter...better...Britain''. Smile a bit and show those nashers.

Who else can I do? Michael Caine a bit. ''She's a lavely little motor''.

I've always thought it indicative of a subconcious desire to be from down south that every northerner out there can do a bang on impersonation of a southern accent :lol:  Yet ask some southerners to even discern the difference between Manc', or Scouse or Geordie and loads of em can't even do that, let alone immitate it. 

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've always thought it indicative of a subconcious desire to be from down south that every northerner out there can do a bang on impersonation of a southern accent :lol:  Yet ask some southerners to even discern the difference between Manc', or Scouse or Geordie and loads of em can't even do that, let alone immitate it. 

Might be an exposure thing, the media exposes more northern English people to southern accents than vice versa.

English people from north or south can very seldom imitate any Scottish accent without sounding totally fake, but I reckon a fair few Scots can make a decent hash of a range of English accents.

21 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Might be an exposure thing, the media exposes more northern English people to southern accents than vice versa.

English people from north or south can very seldom imitate any Scottish accent without sounding totally fake, but I reckon a fair few Scots can make a decent hash of a range of English accents.

Scots nail it too, every Scot I've seen doing an English accent has it bang on but I cant remember anyone doing a Scottish accent well.  I can just about recognise certain differences in certain areas of Scotland (VERY broadly) and the accents but ask me to do one?  No fuckin chance.  Yeah i suppose you make sense, exposure and that off the telly and such.

Your accent was such a let down, i thought it'd be like reading an Irvine Welsh novel and there you were sounding all proper, I was gutted I dont mind sayin'.

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Scots nail it too, every Scot I've seen doing an English accent has it bang on but I cant remember anyone doing a Scottish accent well.  I can just about recognise certain differences in certain areas of Scotland (VERY broadly) and the accents but ask me to do one?  No fuckin chance.  Yeah i suppose you make sense, exposure and that off the telly and such.

Your accent was such a let down, i thought it'd be like reading an Irvine Welsh novel and there you were sounding all proper, I was gutted I dont mind sayin'.

I've lived a year and a half of my life in England and 10 months in Mexico, working with people from South Africa, the Netherlands, England, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Germany, France, Wales, Belgium, Poland... and so on. I learned that it's less annoying to "talk properly" and only have to say it once, than to repeat it 3 or 4 times, so on the podcast, I used that neutral "international voice". In all honesty, lots of people in Scotland do that, they'll have one voice they use in formal settings and another that gets used in the hoose... Listen to Frankie Boyle talk when he's in conversation with someone and his speech is totally different to when he's performing. 

I reckon you'd be much less disappointed if you heard me have a normal conversation with my brother. 

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Graeme i love your accent! Well the one on the podcast anyway. @DieselDaisy who do you most sound like?i mean like someone i may have heard of:lol: I sound like a female @Len Cnut without the slight lisp:P

Oi i aint got a fuckin lisp, when did i have a fuckin lisp, you take that back, i dont live far from you yknow, i'll find ya! :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Oi i aint got a fuckin lisp, when did i have a fuckin lisp, you take that back, i dont live far from you yknow, i'll find ya! :lol:

you do have a teensy weensy tiny bit of a lisp. Where's that podcast?

Don't hit me Len i bruise very easy. Love you long time:lol:

Just now, janrichmond said:

you do have a teensy weensy tiny bit of a lisp. Where's that podcast?

Don't hit me Len i bruise very easy. Love you long time:lol:

I do not have a sodding lisp!  This is scandalous :lol:  I got a horrible deep donkey voice i grant you that but a lisp? Who am I, Chris Eubank?!? :lol:

22 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

No, I'm just a good mimic. Was at school. Nobody else was doing accents as good as me.

Tory peer says Brexit is good because young people will be able to work longer hours

'I just feel we would be better off out of the EU'

A Tory peer has argued Brexit is a good thing because it will allow young people to work longer hours. 

Lord Harris, a retail tycoon estimated to be worth more than £100m, claimed he could only employ staff for 35 hours a week under current EU laws.

However, the European Working Time Directive states employees should not be forced to work longer than 48 hours, and they can opt-out if they decide. 

During an interview on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Lord Harris was asked to explain how leaving the EU would help young people.

He said: “It will give us more opportunity. It will give younger people more opportunity in this country and we won’t be controlled…”

When asked why, he replied: “Because we’ll have more freedom of laws.”

Asked what's wrong with the current laws, Lord Harris said: “Well if you take a retailer, we can only keep our staff on for 35 hours a week, I think it is now.”

After admitting "we haven't done too badly" when the presenter told him "you've done alright out of it," he added: "I just feel we would be better off out of the EU."

Lord Harris is now among the 1,000 richest people in the UK, according to The Sunday Times Rich List.

Sourcehttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-peer-brexit-young-people-lord-harris-work-longer-hours-uk-leave-eu-a7922486.html

Fuck me,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35752756

Heinous

So under this policy Len could become a named person and educate the child in the Arsenal and merits of Ali and rap music?

PS

I do a good Scottish accent but I have a few drunk jocks as family members. I sat next to a Scottish lady when going to Chesterfield. All gadget-ed up she was, lap tops and wires and stuff clinging on into the plug (which I had to unplug). And here's me with a history of derbyshire cricket for company.

Edited by DieselDaisy

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I always imagined you to sound...and look...and behave actually, like Terry Collier from The Likely Lads :lol: 

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Like Ant and Dec

Not like Oz from Auf Weidershen Pet?

Dunno if i spelt that right:shrugs:

Can you get a posh Geordie? Any examples?

24 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Can you get a posh Geordie? Any examples?

Generally it's a bird who can get fucked in a phone box without dropping her kebab. They call that "poise". :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2