British Politics

Gracii Guns

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Well it sounds better than saying Warrington. ?

Cuz it always seems like the word 'minge' should follow :lol:

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Luton is the biggest 'hole I have ever visited in my life and that is where Len is from. Full of women in burkas looking at you suspiciously. Full of graffiti.

Horrible innit? :lol:  It seems to go nowhere too, like Hampton Court Maze only concrete and without any redeeming artistic value.  If you ever see it advertised the only selling point it has is good motorway links, presumably so you can get the fuck out of there as quickly and easily as possible :lol:  On the flipside though if you fancy a bit of cocaine it's extremely easily procured!

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Cuz it always seems like the word 'minge' should follow :lol:

Horrible innit? :lol:  It seems to go nowhere too, like Hampton Court Maze only concrete and without any redeeming artistic value.  If you ever see it advertised the only selling point it has is good motorway links, presumably so you can get the fuck out of there as quickly and easily as possible :lol:  On the flipside though if you fancy a bit of cocaine it's extremely easily procured!

It did produce Monty Panesar. Northants actually used to play outground cricket around there, Wardown Park?

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It did produce Monty Panesar. Northants actually used to play outground cricket around there, Wardown Park?

Thats about all it fuckin' produced :lol:  Oh yeah, The EDL, it produced that too.  And one of the most violent set of football supporters in the country :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats about all it fuckin' produced :lol:  Oh yeah, The EDL, it produced that too.  And one of the most violent set of football supporters in the country :lol:

I also got a bollocking the 1st time my wife came to the UK. I took her to Ladbrokes on a Saturday to stick a bet on. She wanted to put a tenner on Luton at 12:1 and I said she was better sticking it on a 6 way accumulator. Guess what happened? :lol:

Just now, Dazey said:

I also got a bollocking the 1st time my wife came to the UK. I took her to Ladbrokes on a Saturday to stick a bet on. She wanted to put a tenner on Luton at 12:1 and I said she was better sticking it on a 6 way accumulator. Guess what happened? :lol:

McLeod said acca, our survey said....

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Luton is precariously close to the Watford Gap. Len is practically a Northerner.

I harbour a deep sublimated desire to be a northerner, my hating on you lot is just hiding a desire deep down to be Ian Brown :lol:  Think about it, Beatles fan, Stone Roses fan, Joy Division fan, Buzzcocks fan, Slaughter and the Dogs fan, thinks The Stones are the soft alternative to laddish Beatles, only drinks plain beers and spirits, likes Oasis, thinks Blur are poofs, lefty leanings, it's all there man :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You bet on City yeah? 

I certainly did :lol:  I was on such a roll, started with 400 quid and had like 18 or so winning bets in a row.  it was the season United bought Van persie and i was just sticking all my money on sure things, United games, City games, Barca games and Real Madrid games...with a few little cheeky ones on the side.

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I harbour a deep sublimated desire to be a northerner, my hating on you lot is just hiding a desire deep down to be Ian Brown :lol:  Think about it, Beatles fan, Stone Roses fan, Joy Division fan, Buzzcocks fan, Slaughter and the Dogs fan, thinks The Stones are the soft alternative to laddish Beatles, only drinks plain beers and spirits, likes Oasis, thinks Blur are poofs, lefty leanings, it's all there man :lol:

Well head a few miles north and you'd be one. A few miles separate you from tin baths, outside toilets, flat caps and whippets. You are a few miles south from supporting the Cobblers and Northants.

You are not far from Rugby also, posh boys' school.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well head a few miles north and you'd be one. A few miles separate you from tin baths, outside toilets, flat caps and whippets. You are a few miles south from supporting the Cobblers and Northants.

You are not far from Rugby also, posh boys' school.

i used to live literally yards away from Merchants Taylors School.  Look it up, proper fuckin' posh.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

i used to live literally yards away from Merchants Taylors School.  Look it up, proper fuckin' posh.

Durham just played a friendly there against Middlesex!

You are not far from Milton Keynes also, a new town. Is it really as weird as people say? Bill Bryson said it was one of the weirdest and ugly cities he'd ever visited.

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Durham just played a friendly there against Middlesex!

You are not far from Milton Keynes also, a new town. Is it really as weird as people say? Bill Bryson said it was one of the weirdest and ugly cities he'd ever visited.

It REALLY is, yeah.  I remember going there once with my Dad when i was really little when he used to drive a truck, been back a couple of times since, it just looks really...like someone picked it up and put it there, y'know what I mean?  Pre-fabricated but also like...out of place too.  America has started to look like that to me, when i see videos of it, it's just incongruous, the idea of like...i dunno, it looks desertey and you've got these like...monuments of modernity in the middle of these vast stretches of desert and flat land.  But yeah, Milton Keynes is a fucking hole, it's like a weights been put on you the minute you enter it, I can't explain it, it's like some sort of dystopian vision of a backward future, almost like you're not in England, if that makes any sense at all.  It just doesn't look or feel right.  i suppose, logically, you could or should get that feeling with any new building that goes up but it's not the same thing, it's like...fabricated civilisation.  Imagine the ideas behind Fritz Langs Metropolis only applied to suburbia.

Members of my family used to play at the nets in Merchant Taylors, apparently they have a brilliant facility.

Edited by Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It REALLY is, yeah.  I remember going there once with my Dad when i was really little when he used to drive a truck, been back a couple of times since, it just looks really...like someone picked it up and put it there, y'know what I mean?  Pre-fabricated but also like...out of place too.  America has started to look like that to me, when i see videos of it, it's just incongruous, the idea of like...i dunno, it looks desertey and you've got these like...monuments of modernity in the middle of these vast stretches of desert and flat land.  But yeah, Milton Keynes is a fucking hole, it's like a weights been put on you the minute you enter it, I can't explain it, it's like some sort of dystopian vision of a backward future, almost like you're not in England, if that makes any sense at all.  It just doesn't look or feel right.  i suppose, logically, you could or should get that feeling with any new building that goes up but it's not the same thing, it's like...fabricated civilisation.  Imagine the ideas behind Fritz Langs Metropolis only applied to suburbia.

Members of my family used to play at the nets in Merchant Taylors, apparently they have a brilliant facility.

Bryson (from memory) said he arrived (by train) and could not find any discernible shop(s) and/or high street and no pedestrians, just what appeared to be glass 'office space'. After walking around empty streets for a hour he spotted somebody go into this office space so he took a punt and went in. It turns out all of the shopping areas are in this gigantic 'office space', a sort of gigantic shopping mall which encompasses the entire city.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Would that description by Bryson sound about right though?

New towns. Brasilia is another one, in the middle of the Amazon. Of a slightly older date, Canberra also.

It does yeah, pretty much.  I aint been there for a while but hes pretty much describing what i was saying, just this awful lost feeling you get, i equate it to a sunday morning hangover.  Nothing seems to go anywhere.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Would that description by Bryson sound about right though?

New towns. Brasilia is another one, in the middle of the Amazon. Of a slightly older date, Canberra also.

Ingleby Barwick

I do not know anything about gambling: wouldn't know how to go on in a betting shop, e.g. do not know what an ''accumulator' is - know nothing. The only thing I know is that there was a famous horse in the '70s called Red Rum, and that there was another famous horse called Shergar who was kidnapped by the IRA for some strange reason!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know anything about gambling: wouldn't know how to go on in a betting shop, e.g. do not know what an ''accumulator' is - know nothing. The only thing I know is that there was a famous horse in the '70s called Red Rum, and that there was another famous horse called Shergar who was kidnapped by the IRA for some strange reason!

Walk up to the counter, take a betting slip put your bet on it and slide it across the counter along with the money and then pray.

Edited by Len Cnut