British Politics

Gracii Guns

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

This Nigel Farage guy and Boris Johnson seem like absolute cunts. Do they have much of a following over there in ole'Englan?

Farage and his party were the force behind Brexit. Boris jumped the bandwagon, mere populism from his part.

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Farage and his party were the force behind Brexit. Boris jumped the bandwagon, mere populism from his part.

Farage would be an obscurity if they did't keep putting him on TV. A oportunistic quazzi-fascist who's failed at elections more times than some people have toes or fingers is going to go down in history, thanks to the BBC wanting someone to represent the 2%.

Poll numbers still say Boris is going to lose his seat at the next election with or without boundary changes. Oh how I hope it happens.

I personally think the point of the transition deal is for Labour to have to deal with the fallout afterwards and take the blame. I don't think the Tories think they could win the next one.

23 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Farage would be an obscurity if they did't keep putting him on TV. A oportunistic quazzi-fascist who's failed at elections more times than some people have toes or fingers is going to go down in history, thanks to the BBC wanting someone to represent the 2%.

Poll numbers still say Boris is going to lose his seat at the next election with or without boundary changes. Oh how I hope it happens.

I personally think the point of the transition deal is for Labour to have to deal with the fallout afterwards and take the blame. I don't think the Tories think they could win the next one.

I have zero respect for Farage. But the BBC or any other T.V. channel must not censor him. He has the right to express his ideas and opinions. And people have the right to watch him or watch some other show elsewhere.

Yes, the Tories stole the trasition deal from Labour. It was Labour who came up with that somewhat recently. And I would like the BBC to make sure everyone is aware of that. The BBC should also point out that the Tories wasted 6 months since they triggered art.50 with rethoric bullshit and retard slogans.

Anyone fancy Tory Glastonbury?

‘TOO MANY MEN AND NOT ENOUGH MUSIC’ – TORY GLASTONBURY FOUNDER ADMITS FESTIVAL IS A FLOP

FRIDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 12:21

george-freeman-fest.jpg

The MP behind ‘Tory Glastonbury’ has admitted it has been a flop after photos of the sparsely attended event were ridiculed on social media.

George Freeman organised the right-wing glamping trip after seeing Jeremy Corbyn take Glastonbury by storm, saying: “Why is it just the left who have all the fun in politics?”

But he has conceded his Big Tent Ideas Festival – staged on a farm owned by a millionaire betting magnate – looks a bit blokey and a bit nerdy.”

Asked if that was a fair representation of the event in a Sky News interview, the besuited reveller said:

Yeah, probably. This is a first event. I’ve put it together in two months really to demonstrate what political festivalism could and should look like.

“We have had some music but we haven’t had chance to get most of that organised.”

Needless to say, it has been taking a pasting on Twitter:

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

spot the difference: "Tory Glastonbury" and "Glastonbury"

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

These are the scenes as we wait for the Tory Glastonbury to kick off.

Even the event’s own Twitter account can’t make it look exciting:

The blokes and nerds who did turn-up were greeted to the site at a cocktail reception last night, according to the festival programme. 

Today they are being treated to talks such as “The Real Causes Of Millennial Disengagement” before a live stream of Theresa May’s speech in Florence.

It must count as the biggest posho festival let down since the Fyre Festival fiasco.

But George has assured everyone that he has exciting plans for next year:

“Next year’s festival will be at scale. We’re planning to have it ticketed and have it as a celebration of entrepreneurship, innovation, of the the great businesses around the UK, the small business and entrepreneurs who are creating new opportunities, creating new prosperity.” 

Glastonbury had humble beginnings, but that sounds rubbish…

I think the term "like Glastonbury" is banded around way too much. I've never been to the real deal, but it looks incomparable. Applying it to any event with a bit of a free spirited atmosphere doesn't cut it for me. There's no shame in hosting a smaller festival, and it's no skin off my nose if some Conservatives want to get together and have a good time. 

I admit when scrolling through those pics, I was trying to spot my landlords. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You pro Euro lot should all be loving the prime minister as she'll be keeping us in the wretched thing for years.

PS

And paying the buggers.

First I don't understand why she went to Florence, Italy to give that speech and press conference. Second, she is in a weak position after the election. Third, they don't have a plan. What she said about the transition years it was a plan Labour outline just a month or two ago without going to Italy, France, Germany or Spain. Last, we have those who want Hard Brexit no matter what. Others who want Soft Brexit and those who want Remain. The Government has to come up with something to give every side a little of what they want. And be pragmatic. Still she didn't say anything about what kind of trade agreement she wants. All she said was that she doesn't like neither Norway model nor Canada model. She better stop with silly slogans like her new creative and imaginative

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Spoken like somebody who's never been. :P

And will remain so, me not having been. Looks like a load of shite - quite literally when those porta loos break down.

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

I think the term "like Glastonbury" is banded around way too much. I've never been to the real deal, but it looks incomparable. Applying it to any event with a bit of a free spirited atmosphere doesn't cut it for me. There's no shame in hosting a smaller festival, and it's no skin off my nose if some Conservatives want to get together and have a good time. 

I admit when scrolling through those pics, I was trying to spot my landlords. :lol:

There are still more people at that festival than a county cricket match.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

First I don't understand why she went to Florence, Italy to give that speech and press conference. Second, she is in a weak position after the election. Third, they don't have a plan. What she said about the transition years it was a plan Labour outline just a month or two ago without going to Italy, France, Germany or Spain. Last, we have those who want Hard Brexit no matter what. Others who want Soft Brexit and those who want Remain. The Government has to come up with something to give every side a little of what they want. And be pragmatic. Still she didn't say anything about what kind of trade agreement she wants. All she said was that she doesn't like neither Norway model nor Canada model. She better stop with silly slogans like her new creative and imaginative

Well we are staying in the thing until 2021 so you should be happy with her flip-flopping. The Tories need to turf her out and get Priti Patel for PM.

Priti Patel makes Ian Duncan Smith look like Jermery Corbyn. When they ask her about her voting record and political views on TV and she must smiles and doesn't even try to defend it. There's not a chance Patel is winning an election.

I really got a kick out of Jacob Reese Mogg on Newsnight last night though. He looked he'd genuinely being crying.

2 hours ago, Padme said:

First I don't understand why she went to Florence, Italy to give that speech and press conference. 

Corbyn said it best, "we didn't even get to see Florence in the background".

They probably had some grand plan to make a speech to stick it to the EU or have her career defining moment, but couldn't decide what she actually wanted to say/promise.

She took questions from UK News reporters and only answered one question from a reporter from another EU country. ...And best of all she dragged her cabinet all of whom despise each other to Florence so they could set in the front row. 

This location for the speech had been planned ages ago and talked up, you have to wonder how much money the whole thing cost.

Edited by AtariLegend

It is ironic but you tend to attack all of the wrong targets! The Mail with its daily dose of bed hopping and middle class stories involving garden gnomes and not the Europhobic Express; Theresa May (who voted remain) and not the Tory Euroskeptic wing. And Corbyn for reasons I cannot fathom seems to get a complete clean bill of health by pro-EU people such as yourself and the Glastonbury millennials despite being a thorough Euroskeptic, voting ''no'' in 1975, 1993 (Maastricht) and 2008 (Lisbon) and supporting UK withdrawal in 2011. He called the  EU ''brutal'' in 2015, pertaining to its treatment of Greece.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

And will remain so, me not having been. Looks like a load of shite - quite literally when those porta loos break down.

There are still more people at that festival than a county cricket match.

Well we are staying in the thing until 2021 so you should be happy with her flip-flopping. The Tories need to turf her out and get Priti Patel for PM.

She wasted six months. The Tories should've come up with a plan a lot earlier. You have to keep in mind that Scotland and NI voted Remain. You can't tell them to fuck off. Well, you can. But it won't make anything better. What they voted also matters, otherwise it is a dictarship. I really would like to know what is so amazing about having the cake and eat it. And what exactly that means. And quite frankly I can't believe a lot of people fall for lies, slogans and empty promises from the Leave camp

1 minute ago, Padme said:

She wasted six months. The Tories should've come up with a plan a lot earlier. You have to keep in mind that Scotland and NI voted Remain. You can't tell them to fuck off. Well, you can. But it won't make anything better. What they voted also matters, otherwise it is a dictarship. I really would like to know what is so amazing about having the cake and eat it. And what exactly that means. And quite frankly I can't believe a lot of people fall for lies, slogans and empty promises from the Leave camp

I just do not like the EU. Ruined our fisheries (I come from a fishing area). Hammered the Greeks. A cesspit of slimey ''Blairy'' bureaucratic Euroshits. I didn't need Boris and Farage to make me hate the thing: that came quite naturally.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just do not like the EU. Ruined our fisheries (I come from a fishing area). Hammered the Greeks. A cesspit of slimey ''Blairy'' bureaucratic Euroshits. I didn't need Boris and Farage to make me hate the thing: that came quite naturally.

I agree the EU agricultural and fishery policies should be better. Right now it's hurting a lot of people around Europe. But, do you think the fishery is going to be better off if the UK doesn't have any kind of trade agreement with the EU or anyone else? Maybe the fishery could get a better policy if they lobby MEP. And members of the UK Parliament as well. As for Greece, they created their own mess. And the current government they have made things worst. The Greeks have very incompetent politicians at the moment. Although now they are saying that they see the light at the end of the tunel.

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

I agree the EU agricultural and fishery policies should be better. Right now it's hurting a lot of people around Europe. But, do you think the fishery is going to be better off if the UK doesn't have any kind of trade agreement with the EU or anyone else? Maybe the fishery could get a better policy if they lobby MEP. And members of the UK Parliament as well. As for Greece, they created their own mess. And the current government they have made things worst. The Greeks have very incompetent politicians at the moment. Although now they are saying that they see the light at the end of the tunel.

''Should be better''? It destroyed our entire fishing industry, and Scotland was particularly hurt here which is just one of many reasons why Scottish support for the centrist anti-national EU project is thoroughly perplexing. Out of the EU we can fish in our own territorial waters unmolested by quotas, and we can send the Spanish fishermen packing. Totally disagree about Greece - I actually agree with Corbyn, the EU reaction being indeed ''brutal''.

Give me a fucking break, half our countries representatives on the EU fisheries committees are never there to vote. That's what you get when you elect UKIP/DUP loonies.

Constantly complaining about lack of sovereignty and not having any say, despite the fact that they can't be bothered turning up to vote most of the time and the few times that they did... they voted for the policies the fisherman complained about.

It's isn't the EU, it's the public being thick enough to vote in EU elections and listening tabloid stories, instead of checking voting records.

In the 3 years prior to 2015 Farage attended 1 out of FORTY FUCKING TWO meetings. When ever there'd be a vote on expanding the powers local governments had over their own territory in relation to fishing, he'd not vote. Even during times when he was in the building.

Sorry that's what happens when you elect people like this. Personally think the EU should make it mandatory to attend these meetings or have the MEP face the prospect of being stripped of their expenses (of which Farage has claimed quite a bit).

Not even going to get into what the that attend Tories vote for.

It just goes to show the flippancy with which supporters of the EU will deal with the EU's defects, even defects which should be the concern of the left. The EU destroyed livelihoods, entire towns which relied on fishing were reduced to ghost towns, and this is brushed aside with an attack on Farage who was not even active when the Common Fisheries Policy came into play! The policy was enshrined in the Lisbon Treaty so there is nothing much anyone can do about it as the EU is completely anti-democratic.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Should be better''? It destroyed our entire fishing industry, and Scotland was particularly hurt here which is just one of many reasons why Scottish support for the centrist anti-national EU project is thoroughly perplexing. Out of the EU we can fish in our own territorial waters unmolested by quotas, and we can send the Spanish fishermen packing. Totally disagree about Greece - I actually agree with Corbyn, the EU reaction being indeed ''brutal''.

Ok you don't want Spain or other countries to fish in British waters. The problem is that British fishing industry won't be allowed to fish in other country's waters around Europe. So the fishery industry will struggle anyway.

The Greeks fucked it up during the 2008 crisis. And they needed to be rescued by the EU. And they needed to make changes, including austerity. the EU went brutal on them because their crisis was brutal. And someone like Varoufakis (whatever the spell is) is far from being any Stateman nor any genious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Ok you don't want Spain or other countries to fish in British waters. The problem is that British fishing industry won't be allowed to fish in other country's waters around Europe. So the fishery industry will struggle anyway.

The Greeks fucked it up during the 2008 crisis. And they needed to be rescued by the EU. And they needed to make changes, including austerity. the EU went brutal on them because their crisis was brutal. And someone like Varoufakis (whatever the spell is) is far from being any Stateman nor any genious.

The fishing industry that has been destroyed by the European Union is predominantly an industry of small vessels which would farm solely in British waters. It is interesting to see how leftism is basically something people pick and choose. Pro-EU leftisim is a leftism of globe-trotting London based middle class university ''gap year'' millennial types with next to nothing in common with a bona fide British working class socio-economic group have have been utterly destroyed by the EU. I actually completely disagree with the suggestion that somehow the British have been hoodwinked by (the leave campaign's) 'lies'; the EU has always been despised by great segments of Britain since we joined in the '70s - arguably before, when De Gaulle vetoed Britain's original entry bid. The British did not need a Boris or a Farage or the NHS thing - lies or otherwise. Enough of them already hated the EU to begin with.

You know what else pisses me off about the EU? The appropriation of Beethoven's 9th as an anthem. For all we know Beethoven, a composer disgusted with Napoleon's European project, would have loathed the EU; after all, most German liberals desired an unified 'Germany', repudiating pan-European classicism in favour of a national re-awaking of the 'volk'. The vernacular tradition was the dominant theme of 19th century German liberalism. We also know that Beethoven hated small-minded bureaucrats and petty rules and regulations. We simply do not know that Beethoven would have supported a EU, yet the Brussels bureaucrats have stolen his 9th as their anthem which implies a Beethovenean endorsement. Complete and utter wankers.

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The fishing industry that has been destroyed by the European Union is predominantly an industry of small vessels which would farm solely in British waters. It is interesting to see how leftism is basically something people pick and choose. Pro-EU leftisim is a leftism of globe-trotting London based middle class university ''gap year'' millennial types with next to nothing in common with a bona fide British working class socio-economic group have have been utterly destroyed by the EU. I actually completely disagree with the suggestion that somehow the British have been hoodwinked by (the leave campaign's) 'lies'; the EU has always been despised by great segments of Britain since we joined in the '70s - arguably before, when De Gaulle vetoed Britain's original entry bid. The British did not need a Boris or a Farage or the NHS thing - lies or otherwise. Enough of them already hated the EU to begin with.

You know what else pisses me off about the EU? The appropriation of Beethoven's 9th as an anthem. For all we know Beethoven, a composer disgusted with Napoleon's European project, would have loathed the EU; after all, most German liberals desired an unified 'Germany', repudiating pan-European classicism in favour of a national re-awaking of the 'volk'. The vernacular tradition was the dominant theme of 19th century German liberalism. We also know that Beethoven hated small-minded bureaucrats and petty rules and regulations. We simply do not know that Beethoven would have supported a EU, yet the Brussels bureaucrats have stolen his 9th as their anthem which implies a Beethovenean endorsement. Complete and utter wankers.

Well, to paraphrase Snoop, he a dead m'fucka now so aint nobody askin' :lol: