British Politics

Gracii Guns

42 minutes ago, Padme said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42161346

Does anybody have 50 billion to spare?

:smiley-confused2:

This was known several months ago that it'd be around £40 Billion. It was only Davis and the Tabloids talking about £100 Billion then £20 Billion to try and confuse the public, which has obviously backfired for them.

Personally in this part of the country, I'm more concerned about the border situation. I think if Ireland don't use veto now, they'll be ignored in phase 2. Never trust a Torry.

Mean while falling wages/living standards and the fact that the defict they wanted to pay off in 2015 won't be gone till the mid 2060's at the current rate, who the fuck are these people voting Tory? I mean they literally campaign for elections on cuts/austerity and still get in.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

This was known several months ago that it'd be around £40 Billion. It was only Davis and the Tabloids talking about £100 Billion then £20 Billion to try and confuse the public, which has obviously backfired for them.

Personally in this part of the country, I'm more concerned about the border situation. I think if Ireland don't use veto now, they'll be ignored in phase 2. Never trust a Torry.

Mean while falling wages/living standards and the fact that the defict they wanted to pay off in 2015 won't be gone till the mid 2060's at the current rate, who the fuck are these people voting Tory? I mean they literally campaign for elections on cuts/austerity and still get in.

What I still don't understand is British people who believe in fairy tales about taking back control and 350 million for NHS

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/29/50-billion-leave-eu-farage-grayling-brexiteers

1 hour ago, Padme said:

What I still don't understand is British people who believe in fairy tales about taking back control and 350 million for NHS

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/29/50-billion-leave-eu-farage-grayling-brexiteers

If you're stupid enough to vote for Brexit it seems you'll believe anything. 

Edited by Dazey

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

@AtariLegend

Arlene Foster is having a breakdown :rofl-lol:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42217735

It looks like in this whole Brexit mess. Ireland is the one taking back control :lol:

That's awesome. :lol: Fuck Arlene Foster and her god bothering cronies. Fuck Brexit and fuck anybody who voted for it!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

That's awesome. :lol: Fuck Arlene Foster and her god bothering cronies. Fuck Brexit and fuck anybody who voted for it!

The thing is, now Nicola Sturgeon wants the same kind of deal NI may get. So now the mess is getting bigger

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

The thing is, now Nicola Sturgeon wants the same kind of deal NI may get. So now the mess is getting bigger

So does Sadiq Khan for London. Why don't we just have that same deal for the entire UK and be done with it?

Just now, Dazey said:

So does Sadiq Khan for London. Why don't we just have that same deal for the entire UK and be done with it?

I know! I was going to post about London. It seems a lot of cities will ask the same deal :lol:

May must call for a second referendum

3 hours ago, Padme said:

@AtariLegend

Arlene Foster is having a breakdown :rofl-lol:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42217735

It looks like in this whole Brexit mess. Ireland is the one taking back control :lol:

Hyperbole. Even Junker in the article you quoted states, 

''I have to say that we were narrowing our positions to a huge extent today, thanks to the British prime minister, thanks to the willingness of the European Commission to have a fair deal with Britain. I'm still confident that we can reach sufficient progress before the European Council of 15 December. This is not a failure, this is the start of the very last round. I'm very confident that we will reach an agreement in the course of this week."

I really hope that Ireland stick to their guns and refuse to let talks proceed unless the north remains in the single market/customs union. If that happens then there really is no excuse to for the rest of the UK to be treated any differently.

You would, if this Buckfast wasn't happening, never have struck me as the latte-sipping Fellini-watching siesta-taking gitanes-smoking sort Dazey, but more of the American persuasion - more the stalwart of Anglophone/transatlantic hard graft and (corporate) 'cut and thrust'? Facetiousness aside I would have assumed you were the type of person who would make that widely held argument that ''America (and the other Anglophonic descendants of empire) are our natural allies'' and not the ''cheese-eating'' you-know-whats across the channel? 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hyperbole. Even Junker in the article you quoted states, 

''I have to say that we were narrowing our positions to a huge extent today, thanks to the British prime minister, thanks to the willingness of the European Commission to have a fair deal with Britain. I'm still confident that we can reach sufficient progress before the European Council of 15 December. This is not a failure, this is the start of the very last round. I'm very confident that we will reach an agreement in the course of this week."

The guy was just being diplomatic. I think it is obvious. He also said during the week the deal can get done. I don't see how. Unless that press conference was just a charade.

The whole thing was handdled really badly. After the news broke, DUP, Scotaland, London and Wales were all pissed off. DUP didn't want that deal. And the others wanted it for themselves, not just for NI. May showed up in Brussels with a deal that only the Irish Government knew about.  The irony is that Wales voted Brexit yet they want the same deal Ireland was supposed to get. Go figure! Wales has no place moaning about anything. At least London voted Remain. Still a silly request from their part. But they wanted to say it was an unfair deal. The problem is Brexit and the Good Friday Agreement are now clashing with each other. Not an easy issue to fix. And May is desperate to get to trade talking points as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

The guy was just being diplomatic. I think it is obvious. He also said during the week the deal can get done. I don't see how. Unless that press conference was just a charade.

The whole thing was handdled really badly. After the news broke, DUP, Scotaland, London and Wales were all pissed off. DUP didn't want that deal. And the others wanted it for themselves, not just for NI. May showed up in Brussels with a deal that only the Irish Government knew about.  The irony is that Wales voted Brexit yet they want the same deal Ireland was supposed to get. Go figure! Wales has no place moaning about anything. At least London voted Remain. Still a silly request from their part. But they wanted to say it was an unfair deal. The problem is Brexit and the Good Friday Agreement are now clashing with each other. Not an easy issue to fix. And May is desperate to get to trade talking points as soon as possible.

Nobody said it was going to be easy hammering out a deal. 

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nobody said it was going to be easy hammering out a deal. 

True, the problem is a lot of people who voted for Brexit thought it was going to be easy. Now the reality of the situation is the UK has to pay about 50 billion divorce bill. And many things need to be changed and fixed. So everyone can forget about 350 millions for NHS and not too much control will be taken back anyway

Urgent questions about Brexist at the Parliement. David Davis is answering. Well he is getting philosophical :rolleyes:  Is it wording what is at stake in this debate? Aligment vs Harmonisation. WTF??? :lol:

Davis says that was the intention. He says alignment is not the same as harmonisation.

• Davis says ‘regulatory alignment’ condition intended to apply to the whole of the UK, not just Northern Ireland.