British Politics

Gracii Guns

32 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Walk up to the counter, take a betting slip put your bet on it and slide it across the counter along with the money and then pray.

I hate those betting adverts: that one with a coach driver and a bus load of football fans, one of them being comically overweight and consequentially waddling along in a silly manner, and that other one where that blond bimbo goes, ''get ya mobile out''. I just want to behead her after that line: ''get ya mobile out''.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I hate those betting adverts: that one with a coach driver and a bus load of football fans, one of them being comically overweight and consequentially waddling along in a silly manner, and that other one where that blond bimbo goes, ''get ya mobile out''. I just want to behead her after that line: ''get ya mobile out''.

Or Ray Winstone exploiting his background constantly goin' ' 'ave a bang on that!' 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Or Ray Winstone exploiting his background constantly goin' ' 'ave a bang on that!' 

If you look at British adverts now they are either selling gambling, insurance or loans, i.e. all money related. They are either trying to get you into debt, insured (against catastrophe) and to top it all off Michael Parkinson will give you a free Parker pen just for inquiring about insurance for ''when you're gone''. It is depressing. When I was growing up adverts sold breakfast cereal, chocolate and beer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you look at British adverts now they are either selling gambling, insurance or loans, i.e. all money related. They are either trying to get you into debt, insured (against catastrophe) and to top it all off Michael Parkinson will give you a free Parker pen just for inquiring about insurance for ''when you're gone''. It is depressing. When I was growing up adverts sold breakfast cereal, chocolate and beer.

A free Parker pen you say?!?  Whats the number! :lol:

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I hate those betting adverts: that one with a coach driver and a bus load of football fans, one of them being comically overweight .

Is there any other way to be overweight? :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

fyi on Sunlife. I had a close family member pay into Sunlife Insurance for 2 decades and it wasn't close enough to being able to pay for her funeral.

It's fucking ridiculous. 

Seriously?  Thats fuckin' grim

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He used to bat for Barnsley in the same team as Dickie Bird.

There's a famous quote of his old man sayin his career was alright but not as great as batting for whatever cricket team it was he said.  

I decided to try this out of curiosity; http://uk.isidewith.com

Basically the results were, it said I should vote Green. The next 4 matches that came closest to my political views were of course for parties that don't run here. It also suggested I have less in common with Torrie voters than any other political grouping and should move to some region in Scotland that's name I couldn't begin to pronounce filled with towns I've never heard of before in my life.

45 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I decided to try this out of curiosity; http://uk.isidewith.com

Basically the results were, it said I should vote Green. The next 4 matches that came closest to my political views were of course for parties that don't run here. It also suggested I have less in common with Torrie voters than any other political grouping and should move to some region in Scotland that's name I couldn't begin to pronounce filled with towns I've never heard of before in my life.

Oh fuckin hell, Tory, '63% Tory'. If I get caught en flagrante with a rent boy on Clapham Common, now you know why! 

Mind that is Tory mostly on foreign policy. I am quite the hippy on energy and green issues I have you know; even told my sister off the other day for fly-tipping.

How can you get more than 30% for the Tories? You unemphatic cunts! 

On the other hand since I got 83% Green, it was basically telling me I shouldn't vote since no party that I could vote for here actually got 50%.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

How can you get more than 30% for the Tories? You unemphatic cunts! 

On the other hand since I got 83% Green it was basically telling me I shouldn't vote since no party that I could actually for got 50%.

How the hell is this 72% Tory? :lol:

The Environment

Do you support the use of hydraulic fracking to extract oil and natural gas resources? stats discuss

Your answers: Yes 

Should the government increase environmental regulations on businesses to reduce carbon emissions? stats discuss

Should disposable products (such as plastic cups, plates, and cutlery) that contain less than 50% of biodegradable material be banned? stats discuss

Transportation

Do you support the construction of a high speed railway (HS2) connecting London to Birmingham? stats discuss

Should the London Underground be considered an "essential service" which would ban all future worker strikes? stats discuss

Should the national railway be privatized? stats discuss

Your answers: No 

Immigration

Should the UK deport immigrants who are considered to be promoting terrorism? stats discuss

Your answers: Yes S

Should Muslim immigrants be banned from entering the country until the government improves its ability to screen out potential terrorists? stats discuss

Conservatives voters: No, banning immigrants based on their religion is unconstitutional S

Your similar answer: No

Should immigrants be deported if they commit a serious crime? stats discuss

The Economy

Should the government raise the national minimum wage? stats discuss

Foreign Policy

Should the UK maintain a presence at the United Nations? stats discuss

Crime

Should convicted felons have the right to vote? stats discuss

Domestic Policy

Should the government be able to monitor phone calls and emails? stats discuss

Elections

Should the UK switch to a proportional representation voting system? stats discuss

Should foreigners, currently residing in the United Kingdom, have the right to vote? stats discuss

Should the minimum voting age be lowered? stats discuss

National Security

Should the UK assassinate suspected terrorists in foreign countries? stats discuss

Should laptops be banned on all direct flights departing from the Middle East? stats discuss

Social

What is your stance on abortion? stats discuss

Your answers: Pro-choice 

Do you support the legalisation of same sex marriage? stats discuss

Should gay couples have the same adoption rights as straight couples? stats discuss

Your answers: Yes S

Science

Should the government require children to be vaccinated for preventable diseases? stats discuss

Do you support the use of nuclear energy? stats discuss

Healthcare

Should foreign visitors have to pay for emergency medical treatment during their stay in the UK? stats discuss

Should there be more or less privatisation of hospital and healthcare services? stats discuss

Your answers: Less 

Education

Would you support the return of a selective education system and the reintroduction of grammar schools? stats discuss

Should every student be required to take a GCSE exam at the end of Year Eleven? stats discuss

Issues we do not side on...

The Economy

Should the U.K. raise taxes on the rich? stats discuss

Conservatives voters: No 

You: Yes

Should the government prosecute people who avoid paying taxes by hiding money in foreign bank accounts? stats discuss

Conservatives voters: No, only in cases of evading not avoidance S

Foreign Policy

Do you agree with the UK’s Brexit decision to withdraw from the European Union? stats discuss

Conservatives voters: Yes 

You: No

Should the UK abolish the Human Rights Act? stats discuss

Conservatives voters: Yes 

You: No

Crime

Should non-violent prisoners be released from jail in order to reduce overcrowding? stats discuss

Domestic Policy

Are you in favour of decriminalizing drug use? stats discuss

Should the British Monarchy be abolished? stats discuss

Healthcare

Should there be more or less privatisation of the NHS? stats discuss

Conservatives voters: More, but only where it can increase quality while reducing costs 

You: Less

Education

Should the UK abolish university tuition fees? stats discuss

Conservatives voters: No, but they should be reduced S

15 minutes ago, Padme said:

What the fuck does Corbyn smoke?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/22/labour-plan-four-new-bank-holidays-for-each-uk-patron-saint

All he could come up with is bank holidays to celebrate Patron Saints :confused: :huh: :facepalm:

Somebody please save Labour from itself :no:

He's not even Catholic— in fact nobody in Britain is even Catholic. Please stop treading on our saints days, you can have St. Valentine and All Souls (Halloween), but us left footers need a reason to drink every day. 

2 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

He's not even Catholic— in fact nobody in Britain is even Catholic. Please stop treading on our saints days, you can have St. Valentine and All Souls (Halloween), but us left footers need a reason to drink every day. 

My point is that the UK is facing a new era. There is a lot of uncertanty. Brexit is a big gamble. It could go wonderfully right or horribly wrong. And the leader of the opposition comes up with bank holidays? WTF????

• Like 1