British Politics

Gracii Guns

57 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Prince Philip is a ghastly piece of shit.

*snorts loud through his nose* Ah, I see the trunking on your electrical wiring is brown, installed by an Indian was it, eh eh eh? *elbows Goat annoyingly*  

Edited by Len Cnut

In fairness to Prince Phillip he was in the Royal Navy during the war onboard HMS Valiant. He fought at the Battle of Crete and The Battle of Cape Matapan - this was all before he was married of course. He was apparently in Tokyo Bay when the Japanese signed the instrument of surrender. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Just googled Robespierre and judging by the first quotes that showed up, thank you.

Continued reading. Just for the record I don't approve of the death penalty.

A better analogy might be then Lucius Junius Brutus who overthrew the last of the Tarquins in 509 BC. 

11 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Do you think it's quite ironic that the forum's arch atheist has a daughter whose name literally means "of the gospel"? :lol: 

We actually chose it because of the links with Louisiana where the wife and I met but I do get your point. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

https://www.axios.com/dyson-shifting-headquarters-uk-singapore-brexit-233ada93-de52-4912-9170-d1487f8a923c.html

Guy extolls the virtue of Britain leaving the EU but decides Singapore is best place for his business going forward. 

:shrugs:

He's a sleazy right winger. Appeared on the Andrew Marr show here in the UK and talked up the prospects of workers rights and wages being slashed, along with making it easier to fire people like he was fighting for civil rights in a movie.

I really don't know what is left to debate for MP. There are only three posibilities: Remain, Hard Brexit, Norway. All this fooling around with amendments here and there it's waste of time. First they need to pass something. So far Norway has been rejected. Let's focuse on the other two options. Because it seems they can't agree what changes are needed to keep Norway option alive.  They need to move on fast

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

It's all your fault. You scare them :lol:

We scared them a bit too much in the 9th century, I reckon, and I suppose they haven't really had a proper closure on that. I mean, they all grew up listening to their grandparents' scary stories about the handsome, strong and tall invaders from the North and how they had pillaged the land and ravaged their womenfolk, which they again had heard from their grandparents. A good story never dies. 

23 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We scared them a bit too much in the 9th century, I reckon, and I suppose they haven't really had a proper closure on that. I mean, they all grew up listening to their grandparents' scary stories about the handsome, strong and tall invaders from the North and how they had pillaged the land and ravaged their womenfolk, which they again had heard from their grandparents. A good story never dies. 

I have a theory, the longboats first docked up north and all the rape and pillage was more to do with anger that they'd gone on that whole long trip just to arrive in such a shithole :lol: