British Politics

Gracii Guns

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Del and Rodney have a touch of Harold and Albert about them, Rodney being Harold who kinda aspires to these high fallutin ideas and Del always knocking him down with 'what could you have been?'

No, that would ruin it, the foreign cooking and opera will accentuate the personality clash, if we were to make you a lad it would ruin it, it would take away the conflict. 

He cooks a bit also. In fact that is about the only thing we have in common!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He cooks a bit also. In fact that is about the only thing we have in common!

Nah, we'd have to edit that part of him out :lol:  He has to be like one of those caricatures of the science bloke who ain't concerned with appearance or silly things like ettiquette with food and all that, y'know like how they say Einstein had the same suit 7 times so he wouldn't have to wake up every morning and worry about what to wear.  He's the type to slap together a sandwich and go eat in his bunker while you can't have tea without getting the candlabra out.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No, that would ruin it, the foreign cooking and opera will accentuate the personality clash, if we were to make you a lad it would ruin it, it would take away the conflict. 

The Opera and fancy cooking has to be slightly affected and pompous like he's better than his town but he's stuck there because he's afraid to leave... I'm slowly starting to see Dies character as the Rodney 😂

14 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

The Opera and fancy cooking has to be slightly affected and pompous like he's better than his town but he's stuck there because he's afraid to leave... I'm slowly starting to see Dies character as the Rodney 😂

I see it as sort of like Kenneth Williams.  Like he was born in Kings Cross above a hairdressers but he always thought of himself as a cut above.  So like, perhaps in a later episode we dig into his background and find that he has really common working class roots totally at odds with his affectations.  And conversely the Soulie character, turns out his Mum was a playwright and his Dad was a Vienesse conceptual artist.  But we'll leave that until at least the 4th series :lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I see it as sort of like Kenneth Williams.  Like he was born in Kings Cross above a hairdressers but he always thought of himself as a cut above.  So like, perhaps in a later episode we dig into his background and find that he has really common working class roots totally at odds with his affectations.  And conversely the Soulie character, turns out his Mum was a playwright and his Dad was a Vienesse conceptual artist.  But we'll leave that until at least the 4th series :lol:

Yeah the characters really need to have bedded in first to give it more of a punch when we find out. Or the other way would be to bring it up really early, like in the pilot but then brush over it so we know but we don't know if you see what I mean. Then revisit it and make a full story of it in series 4.

Edit: Fuck me I might be getting carried away there I properly thought that out carefully 😄

Edited by spunko12345
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Yeah the characters really need to have bedded in first to give it more of a punch when we find out. Or the other way would be to bring it up really early, like in the pilot but then brush over it so we know but we don't know if you see what I mean. Then revisit it and make a full story of it in series 4.

Galton and Simpson died recently...I think it's high time we took their place Spunks me ol' mate :lol:  Now I think about it comedy is almost always written by duos, Marks and Gran, Galton and Simpson, Clement & Le Frenais, Gervais and Merchant.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Galton and Simpson died recently...I think it's high time we took their place Spunks me ol' mate :lol:  Now I think about it comedy is almost always written by duos, Marks and Gran, Galton and Simpson, Clement & Le Frenais, Gervais and Merchant.

I can see it now. Spunks and Khan! Has a certain ring to it. :lol: 

Edit: Khan Spunk won’t Spunk. :lol: 

Edit edit: If Dies’ joined in it could be Khan Dies’ Spunk. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Len Cnut @spunko12345 I really wanna see this now! i was actually visualising it, they have to have a holiday together in the 2nd series :lol: 

I actually wrote a draft of a sitcom which was basically along similar lines, hence the pun, got a whole six episodes out of it, its just the Soulie character ain’t a scientist or European, hes an English lad whoose like...just a bit of a lad, no job, thinks hes in a band when they’re just a bunch of wankers, lives off of giro and dodgy deals...shit, now I think about it that sounds like Snakepit :lol:  The Dies’ one is almost as described although he’s a struggling stage actor.  

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Len Cnut @spunko12345 I really wanna see this now! i was actually visualising it, they have to have a holiday together in the 2nd series :lol: 

Second series would be maybe too early for a holiday episode but could work for a normal half hour 😁 need to leave something for the Christmas special. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I see it as sort of like Kenneth Williams.  Like he was born in Kings Cross above a hairdressers but he always thought of himself as a cut above.  So like, perhaps in a later episode we dig into his background and find that he has really common working class roots totally at odds with his affectations. 

Isn't this exactly how he is, though? The cricket, the fancy food, the opera, the caricatured language and penchant for adding greek and latin words, it is all a front to appear more than his lowly origin? 

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Isn't this exactly how he is, though? The cricket, the fancy food, the opera, the caricatured language and penchant for adding greek and latin words, it is all a front to appear more than his lowly origin? 

I don't even know much Greek! And I support Durham! It hardly makes me a MCC member haha! And ''fancy food''? you were eating cod sperm the other day (I have been eating stir fries and salads the last few days). And I'm from a middle class background.

You don't know anything about me yet keep making these weird assumptions. 

PS

The only Greek I know is the letters (alpha, beta) and a few archaic terms I picked-up when I did classics and comparative religion/myth at university. I would like to learn Greek so I could read the tragedian in their original language, but sadly haven't yet.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, SoulMonster said:

But I am not a little England hustler. I am not pretending anything ;)

Where is the Greek then? When do I speak Greek?

And if you ever visit the team I support it is fairly down to earth. You'll find people of all social backgrounds. It isn't the MCC. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Where is the Greek then? When do I speak Greek?

And if you ever visit the team I support it is fairly down to earth. You'll find people of all social backgrounds. It isn't the MCC. 

Let me guess, MCC is some kind of crickets organization, the team you talk about is a crickets team, and you seriously contemplate me coming to England to watch crickets and not Manchester United? :lol:

Generally speaking I wouldn't mind experiencing a new sport, or crickets, but it just seems so tedious and boring that I don't think I ever would. I'd go to a baseball match, though, or American football. Those sports make more sense.

But hey, if you invited me, and I am in your neck of the woods, then sure!

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Let me guess, MCC is some kind of crickets organization, the team you talk about is a crickets team, and you seriously contemplate me coming to England to watch crickets and not Manchester United? :lol:

Generally speaking I wouldn't mind experiencing a new sport, or crickets, but it just seems so tedious and boring that I don't think I ever would. I'd go to a baseball match, though, or American football. Those sports make more sense.

But hey, if you invited me, and I am in your neck of the woods, then sure!

Well you are incredibly Americanised. Too Americanised for cricket. You'd like those sports then. You didn't even seem too aware of Grieg to be honest when I once raised the subject, your own Norwegian composer. Such is the degree of your Americanisation!