Your favourite “deep cuts“ from the UYI albums since 2006

Deep cuts  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The band has played a couple of “deep cuts“ from the UYI albums since 2006. I wanna know your favourite.

My favourite is Estranged from 2011. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Are Don't Cry and Estranged even considered deep cuts? I mean they were released as singles, have iconic music videos and were played live extensively during the UYI tour. So in terms of this discussion I'd have to go with Coma, just because of how rare it was before NITL. Although the other two are better songs imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Are Don't Cry and Estranged even considered deep cuts? 

I consider Don't Cry and Estranged as deep cuts because they weren't played live since the UYI tour.

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I consider Don't Cry and Estranged as deep cuts because they weren't played live since the UYI tour.

Yeah but that's only because so few shows were played since then. I mean, there was only 1 leg of the 2002 tour played fully and a couple of shows in '01. So it was kind of inevitable that they would be played again on the next tour in '06. Although I don't understand why the hell it took until 2011 for Civil War and Estranged to be brought back, so I guess they kind of did become rarities, but still not on the same level as Coma.

21 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Yeah but that's only because so few shows were played since then. I mean, there was only 1 leg of the 2002 tour played fully and a couple of shows in '01. So it was kind of inevitable that they would be played again on the next tour in '06. Although I don't understand why the hell it took until 2011 for Civil War and Estranged to be brought back, so I guess they kind of did become rarities, but still not on the same level as Coma.

Some people even speculated that Estranged wouldn't remain as a staple in the setlist. So it was a deep cut in regards of concerts back in 2011. The same with Civil War.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Estranged is my favorite GN'R song, so yeah - that gets my pick.

Honorary mention to Yesterdays, because it was awesome being at that first show where it got played again in 2014. 

The 2014 Yesterdays performances were pretty good. A lot better than the NITL ones IMO (vocally at least).

• Like 1

Definitely Coma.

Estranged being played in 2011 was probably the worst thing that ever happened to me as a GNR fan. I thought that was a song that Axl just wouldn't play without Slash. When I was watching the Rio disaster and they started playing it I felt so bad that I can't even put it into words.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Definitely Coma.

Estranged being played in 2011 was probably the worst thing that ever happened to me as a GNR fan. I thought that was a song that Axl just wouldn't play without Slash. When I was watching the Rio disaster and they started playing it I felt so bad that I can't even put it into words.

I will say that it would have been crazy if they brought it back with Slash, but still glad it made its way back. I wish we got Civil War in 2010 though 

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

Some people even speculated that Estranged wouldn't remain as a staple in the setlist. So it was a deep cut in regards of concerts back in 2011. The same with Civil War.

"Deep cut" doesn't mean "rarely played" or "not played often". It's a phrase usually used for a lesser known song that perhaps only die hard fans would know. A sleeper hit, maybe. Locomotive and Coma fit that, but Don't Cry doesn't, it's one of their most well known songs.

10 hours ago, Sosso said:

The band has played a couple of “deep cuts“ from the UYI albums since 2006. I wanna know your favourite.

My favourite is Estranged from 2011. 

i had no idea that any of these songs except coma were deep cuts!

so much exciting and useful info on this forum

its good for parties, people get impressed when i mention new useful info like that on parties!

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1