Listen to my new EP

I recorded an EP recently. I produced, sang and played everything in my bedroom. Some of these songs sound GNRish. I think it sounds really good and big for a home recording. If you want me to tell you about the process of how I recorded this, let me know.

Edited by salx
  • Like 4

On 4/22/2017 at 10:36 AM, salx said:

I recorded an EP recently. I produced, sang and played everything in my bedroom. Some of these songs sound GNRish. I think it sounds really good and big for a home recording. If you want me to tell you about the process of how I recorded this, let me know.

you should post a tutorial on YouTube :)

23 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

How'd you do the guitars?

I plug the guitar to a preamp which is plugged to my computer sound card. I record four clean guitar tracks without any distortion. Then I quantize the guitars. I quantize everything hard to the grid to get a tight sound. I apply eq and compression and filter the bass frequencies out of the tracks.  I then run the guitars through an amp simulator. I use line 6 pod farm, amplitube or guitar rig until I find tones I like. Of the four guitar tracks I choose two main ones which will be mixed louder than the other two and then apply six different distortions or tones and then pan three to the left and three to the right with the two main ones being the loudest. I then import it into Propelerhead Reason, since I mainly work in Reason. To tie it all together I recreate the notes of the guitar in midi and apply Reason's A-list Electric guitarist. So even though it doesn't sound like it on average there's seven guitar tracks playing in the songs I record.

Edited by salx
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2017 at 6:36 PM, salx said:

Nice track man!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 6:41 PM, Zurimor said:

Is the album in the making, too? :D

You should really try to sell that stuff, better than quite some people which get money for it. ;)

Yes I'm working on 3 new songs which along with the 6 on the EP will be the album. I'm looking to release it in late august. I'll post some previews of the new songs as I finish mixing them as they are already recorded. These are some really catchy rock songs.

Edited by salx