What can Axl bring to a new AC/DC record?

AxlRoseCDII

5 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

:thumbsup: Sounds like a very cool older brother. There's just something about Bon's jeans that are just pure fuckin' class! :lol: As for Angus, well, any man who can get away with wearing a school uniform into his 60's deserves the highest praise.... and that's before we even touch on the music. :lol::headbang:

um i shouldn't mention this but did you see the hole in Bon's jeans and where it is????? *fanning myself*

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i never saw that, i rented it from Blockbuster, they "disapproved" of that scene it so they censored it. not that i was really wanting to see it :blink:

You didn't miss much, it was over in a flash, really not worth seeing. *blatantly lying*

Axl brings great melody and lyrics to ACDC...this has been missing since Bon died. It has to be exciting for Angus to have a lead singer that is accomplished in both, and brings a voice that packs a punch. Axl is a dream come true for Angus.

Axl also has that emotional element, he will be able to give meaning to songs/lyrics and do something for ACDC that makes their record more relatable than just a good old rock album. I think some will hate the direction, but part of me feels this combination could be so incredibly good. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl brings great melody and lyrics to ACDC...this has been missing since Bon died. It has to be exciting for Angus to have a lead singer that is accomplished in both, and brings a voice that packs a punch. Axl is a dream come true for Angus.

Axl also has that emotional element, he will be able to give meaning to songs/lyrics and do something for ACDC that makes their record more relatable than just a good old rock album. I think some will hate the direction, but part of me feels this combination could be so incredibly good. 

YES! i so agree with this! :headbang:

I am not so sure about that. They're - Angus is - fairly set in their ways and stubborn about proceedings. Further, Angus began writing the lyrics during Brian's era. I have a suspicion that that policy will continue and Axl will be singing on songs that are fait accompli. 

You know what you get with an AC/DC record. They're like Bond films.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

YES! i so agree with this! :headbang:

I almost agree but the lyrics of AC∕DC were also good while Brian wrote.

But after the 80`s only Angus and Malcolm wrote lyrics and it became more or less meaningless.

Some songs are really hard to understand what they sing about and maybe they don`t even understand the lyrics themself.

Let Angus take care of the riffs and solos and give the pen to Axl.

Axl has lived a crazy life so he probably also has a lot to write about.

8 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don't entirely disagree but like a couple others have said that's if Angus lets Axl write. I definitely agree it would be a good idea to let Axl write some lyrics or at the very least collaborate with Angus on them.

I think Brian's lyrics were fine for the most part. His more direct tongue in cheek approach was fairly cheesy at points but we're talking about AC/DC lyrics and not Bob Dylan or something. He was never going to be another Bon and that was to be expected of whoever they picked to write. Now, those Young/Young lyrics from about 1990 onwards... Yeah. Yikes.

Plus, if Axl did help write, I don't think he would be trying to write another Locomotive or Coma. He knows what's expected and what makes an AC/DC song. They would just have a little more depth and bite for sure. I'd like to see him involved in some of the writing.

Having said that, given Axl's track record, I have no problem with Angus having it all written and ready, then Axl just hit the booth and lay down down some mean vocals.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I don't entirely disagree but like a couple others have said that's if Angus lets Axl write. I definitely agree it would be a good idea to let Axl write some lyrics or at the very least collaborate with Angus on them.

I think Brian's lyrics were fine for the most part. His more direct tongue in cheek approach was fairly cheesy at points but we're talking about AC/DC lyrics and not Bob Dylan or something. He was never going to be another Bon and that was to be expected of whoever they picked to write. Now, those Young/Young lyrics from about 1990 onwards... Yeah. Yikes.

If the rumors are true that they are already demoing tracks with Axl then it means Axl has written lyrics or will be writing the lyrics. Angus doesn't move this quickly onto the next album. The only thing speeding this up would be having Axl write the lyrics leaving Angus to focus on the music. 

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

If the rumors are true that they are already demoing tracks with Axl then it means Axl has written lyrics or will be writing the lyrics. Angus doesn't move this quickly onto the next album. The only thing speeding this up would be having Axl write the lyrics leaving Angus to focus on the music. 

I think the main thing speeding Angus along this time is age. He likely doesn't want to leave the big gaps like they have in the past. He's probably got no shortage of riffs either! I reckon it'll come together pretty fast for him.

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I think the main thing speeding Angus along this time is age. He likely doesn't want to leave the big gaps like they have in the past. He's probably got no shortage of riffs either! I reckon it'll come together pretty fast for him.

Definitely, and I think the thought of that combination with Axl on the lyrics could be really good for them. It would fall a bit flat for me if Axl doesn't have input on lyrics 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I ain't confident enough to think Axl is capable of writing great melodies and lyrics for AC/DC. The guy hasn't done anything new in two decades.

At this point I don't know if it's funny or insulting that Axl will (most likely) appear on a new AC/DC album long before any of the songs that he spent two decades on get released. Bizarro world.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

At this point I don't know if it's funny or insulting that Axl will (most likely) appear on a new AC/DC album long before any of the songs that he spent two decades on get released. Bizarro world.

Yes. If the rumours are to be believed, Angus might see first if the material is good enough to be worthy of the name 'cause Axl has a lot more to prove with AC/DC than with GNR. Hardcore fans don't accept him yet and don't think he's a legitimate ac/dc singer. It's going to be harder for Axl obviously.

It seems that gnr fans and the whole media would rather have AFD 2.0 than what Axl's been working on all these years.