Robert Plant New Album 'Carry Fire'

Silent Jay

12 hours ago, moreblack said:

Not nearly, Axl hated Slash held grudge. Percy loves his former bandmates, he just doesn't love the idea of just getting together to play the oldies. 

Doesn't help that most times they've done it, it sounds really really far away from what their peak used to be.

I see just the opposite with regard to the fact he likes his former bandmates which should make it easier for Plant to reunite..........The setlists of his solo shows have  already contained a good number of old Zep songs, even if reworked, so he obviously is not against to playing the old songs...........

For the 2007 tribute concert Plant held his own as the band tuned down a step on the classics to accommodate his loss of vocal range so it is not impossible.......

Listen I think the odds are a long shot of this ever happening but I just believe if it was another one shot deal it could be possible...the 50th anniversary is also coming up so maybe Robert is getting nostalgic.........:lol:

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

I see just the opposite with regard to the fact he likes his former bandmates which should make it easier for Plant to reunite..........The setlists of his solo shows have  already contained a good number of old Zep songs, even if reworked, so he obviously is not against to playing the old songs...........

For the 2007 tribute concert Plant held his own as the band tuned down a step on the classics to accommodate his loss of vocal range so it is not impossible.......

Listen I think the odds are a long shot of this ever happening but I just believe if it was another one shot deal it could be possible...the 50th anniversary is also coming up so maybe Robert is getting nostalgic.........:lol:

All I can say about the 2007 show is, it took for Ahmet Ertegun, their long time friend and mentor to die, for them to agree to play his tribute concert. That's the calibre of event that it takes to bring them back together on a stage.

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

All I can say about the 2007 show is, it took for Ahmet Ertegun, their long time friend and mentor to die, for them to agree to play his tribute concert. That's the calibre of event that it takes to bring them back together on a stage.

Like I said I doubt this will happen either but until either Page or Plant can't perform anymore, or one of them dies, you can never say never............

Not really a surprise but the rumour got me craving some  Led Zep so time to go barbecue some sirloin strips, while drinking  some good wine, and crank my Zep 73 MSG Tarantura label mutlitrack recording bootleg...............

Edited by classicrawker

For what it's worth, Andrei Gillott (part of Axl's entourage, and seems to have music connections literally everywhere throughout the business) posted some intriguing snaps on his Instagram, with the last one saying "Tick Tock".

Now whether that's teasing with knowing something, posting in hopes of something, or just trolling, who knows.

"We're not doing Desert Trip this year," L.A.-based concert promoter and Coachella founder Paul Tollett of Goldenvoice told Billboard. "We loved 2016 Desert Trip — that was a special moment in time. Maybe someday in the future we'll do something similar."

I'm closing the thread soon.

• 3 months later...

"It's about intention. I respect and relish my past works, but each time I feel the incentive to create new work, I must mix old with new.

"Consequently, the whole impetus of the band has moved on its axis somewhat - the new sound and different space giving way to exciting and dramatic landscapes of mood, melody and instrumentation."

'Carry Fire' track listing:

1. The May Queen
2. New World...
3. Season’s Song
4. Dance With You Tonight
5. Carving Up the World Again
6. A Way With Words
7. Carry Fire
8. Bones of Saints
9. Keep It Hid
10. Bluebirds Over the Mountain
11. Heaven Sent

robertplantcarryfirecd.jpg

Edited by Silent Jay

On 8/18/2017 at 2:18 PM, Silent Jay said:

'Carry Fire' track listing:

1. The May Queen
2. New World...
3. Season’s Song
4. Dance With You Tonight
5. Carving Up the World Again
6. A Way With Words
7. Carry Fire
8. Bones of Saints
9. Keep It Hid
10. Bluebirds Over the Mountain
11. Heaven Sent

robertplantcarryfirecd.jpg

"Like!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 0:28 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I've said this before, without John Bonham there can never be a "TRUE" Led Zeppelin reunion.

Goes without saying. Their sound could never be the same again and thus they made the right decision to call it quits.

There would be nothing worse than to see them suddenly change their minds today and become yet another tacky massive borefest (like fake GNR).

• 3 weeks later...

Robert Plant Announces 'Carry Fire' North American Tour

Robert Plant announced a 12-date North American tour on Tuesday in support of his upcoming Carry Fire album.

The singer kicks off his run in February 2018 at the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium in North Carolina. The first half of the tour is dedicated to East Coast cities before Plant heads across the country, making stops in Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver and Phoenix. He wraps up the short trip with gigs in Oakland and Los Angeles. More dates will be announced later this year.

Plant will be backed on tour by the Sensational Space Shifters, the same outfit that played with him on Carry Fire. "We've got a kind of communal drift, which has stayed with us no matter what other projects we do," the singer told Rolling Stone. "It's like a brotherhood, really."

"The whole impetus of the band has moved on its axis somewhat," he added in a statement. "The new sound and different space [has given] way to exciting and dramatic landscapes of mood, melody and instrumentation."

Carry Fire is due out on October 13th.

Robert Plant Tour Dates

February 9 - Raleigh, NC @ Raleigh Memorial Auditorium
February 11 - Charlotte, NC @ Ovens Auditorium
February 12 - Norfolk, VA @ Chrysler Hall
February 14 - New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
February 16 - Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
February 17 - Toronto, ON @ Massey Hall
February 20 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
February 22 - Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre
February 24 - Denver, CO @ Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
February 26 - Phoenix, AZ @ Symphony Hall
February 28 - Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
March 2 - Los Angeles, CA @ Orpheum Theatre

***"Verified Fan" Sign-Up for pre-sale tickets can be done on his website.***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two other new songs are good; 'Bluebirds Over The Mountain' is the better of the two, in my opinion, but overall I like 'The May Queen' the most so far. Looking forward to the rest of the album, and hoping I can get tickets and go to the NYC show in February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Percy was on the Howard Stern show yesterday and it  was a very good interview. Howard is such a Led Zep fanboy he could barely contain himself.  Plant was a good sport answering all of Howard's Led Zep questions but seemed amused by Howard at times.

The interview is not up on YouTube yet but you may be able to hear it free here? I can't tell if the link lets you listen for free as I have a Sirius/Xm subscription so I can get in any time and stream it.

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/10/17/robert-plant-talks-losing-john-bonham-meeting-elvis-presley-and-prank-led-zeppelin-once-pulled-who/