General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All British soaps are based around that old British obsession: class. Take Coronation Street for instance; it is as working class as one can fathom, northern, terraced housing, pub, chip shop, 'Paki's' (sorry Len) yet sprinkled around are some people who basically exist to create class juxtapositions/conflict/situation comedy. Ken for instance is college educated and speaks posh. He frequently found himself in a sort of antithetical play with his working class wife, Deidre. Sally is as working class as they come but do not tell her as she believes she is middle class so puts on this la-di-da pretense which is frequently her comic downfall. Brookside was a lower middle class housing estate which originally was centered around an upper middle class family who have descended (the class ladder) and had to move into Brookside Close, and a working class family who have ascended the ladder and have also moved in - cue comedy, misunderstanding snobbery and conflict. Thrown in are some working close misfits such as Jimmy Corkhill and Sinbab, who shouldn't really be in Brookside Close.

It is a British obsession. Probably one of our less endearing traits really.

there is a little bit in our soaps but not a lot. the most prevalent story lines seem to be baby switching ( on purpose ) and switching DNA tests on babies so the true father doesn't know he has a kid until it is inevitably discovered. on the soap i watch most there is a very rich family ( the Quartermaines ) and they had quite a lot of the we're rich hence have more class and better than you. but the last character that acted like that left so idk if there will be anymore of it. the other main story involves Sonny Corinthos who is both a crime lord but a popular character though he has been associated with a lot of murders but they all take place against rival crime lords who are considered evil while at heart Sonny is really good! oh and to top it off Sonny's right hand man is a Quartermaine but he suffered brain damage in a car accident and does not remember his life before. i think he was supposed to be a dr before the accident. i have actually read books about this show and in the beginning it revolved all around the hospital hence the name General Hospital!

oh, and one of the biggest "super couples" of all time on this show, Luke and Laura, began when Luke raped Laura :facepalm: through the years they have tried to change it from rape to something less heinous :/  but it flip flops back and forth...

Watched DOOL today. Poor Brady and poor Nicole.

The actress who plays Nicole is leaving DOOL and since she didn't like it when Days killed off her real life love last year, she has been vocal about it. Right now I don't like what they are doing to Nicole. The character has always been a fighter and a survivor and I feel they are purposely making her look weak and stupid. I hope she has a good send off, but who knows?

GH was good today. Where the hell is Lucas? He and Brad are a gay couple and we haven't seen Lucas in months. GH is bad with not having their gay couples have a real storyline. Brad is mean and is trying to screw with Finn's life and career.

Carly is annoying me over her divorce with Sonny. Ava found out some juicy stuff about them. I love Ava, she's something. Sonny needs to let her visit Avery more often. Once Carly divorces Sonny, I don't think she should be allowed to see Avery. She's not her mother.

Tracy will be so missed. I hope Monica still gets more air time. I love her and she's one of the only veterans left on GH.

Thank God there was no shootings in Dallas today, so I got to enjoy my soaps without any interruptions.

21 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh geez that sounds great! btw have you ever seen a novella? i speak very little Spanish but was hooked on one called Tu Y O and i understood quite a lot. there was also a Korean one i watched for awhile i had NO clue what was happening there :)

Yeah, the Spanish novelas look so good, but I speak no Spanish at all. Wish they had sub-titles because they look so good.

yeah, Coleman was also on Days of Our lives last week. He played a pimp. He's also on an episode of Seinfeld. The one where stupid Kramer thinks he won a tony and with Raquel Welch in it. He's a good actor.

• Like 1

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, the Spanish novelas look so good, but I speak no Spanish at all. Wish they had sub-titles because they look so good.

yeah, Coleman was also on Days of Our lives last week. He played a pimp. He's also on an episode of Seinfeld. The one where stupid Kramer thinks he won a tony and with Raquel Welch in it. He's a good actor.

i knew he was on another show but could not recall what it was....Seinfeld! i think he's kinda sexy and yes, he is a good actor. wish he'd come back and run the Floating Rib again ( or did he own it? i can't recall! )

geez it's right on the tip of my tongue, i think he was on another show. OH! i remember. it was one episode of Modern Family when Phil had that horrid moustache! :lol:

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i knew he was on another show but could not recall what it was....Seinfeld! i think he's kinda sexy and yes, he is a good actor. wish he'd come back and run the Floating Rib again ( or did he own it? i can't recall! )

geez it's right on the tip of my tongue, i think he was on another show. OH! i remember. it was one episode of Modern Family when Phil had that horrid moustache! :lol:

well Coleman started as I think a strip club owner. Then he ran the Floating Rib, but now Felicia and Mac own it, though you never ever see them anymore. I like them as a couple and wish GH would wise up and see how much Maxie needs them.

Poor Brady on DOOL needs a new heart. He got Daniel's a few years ago, but now since he got shot and due to stress with trying to help Nicole this heart is no good. This sucks

Hopefully, John will come back to the show. he was injured in a stunt last year. I like Drake and wish him well.

Loved when Tracy saw Luke in the café. So good! I will miss them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

well Coleman started as I think a strip club owner. Then he ran the Floating Rib, but now Felicia and Mac own it, though you never ever see them anymore. I like them as a couple and wish GH would wise up and see how much Maxie needs them.

Poor Brady on DOOL needs a new heart. He got Daniel's a few years ago, but now since he got shot and due to stress with trying to help Nicole this heart is no good. This sucks

Hopefully, John will come back to the show. he was injured in a stunt last year. I like Drake and wish him well.

Loved when Tracy saw Luke in the café. So good! I will miss them.

i will miss Tracy. and Luke has been missed for a while now. guess they both left for the same reason?

ok wait. Daniel on DOOL died too?? :( wasn't he on OLTL when he, Todd and Tea were stranded on the island? he's a hottie! did you ever watch DOOL? my fave couple was John McBain and Natalie...that scene with them having hot hot sex on the pool table *fanning face* :P

i also watched Port Charles but only like the last two years. Rafe and Alison OMG such a great couple. then when Livvie screwed Alision over i didn't think she could ever be redeemed but when they had Caleb and her as his long lost love ( Caleb thinking she his long dead love Olivia ) i was fine with that!

here are some spoilers from GH and OLTL :

GH Spoilers

Andre has concerns about the results of a lab test

Andre fears Anna is making a grave mistake

Things look up for Nelle

Liz is stood up

Liz has a heart-to-heart talk with Kiki

Franco resorts to extreme measures

Ava makes demands

Nathan contemplates making changes for the sake of his marriage

Carly puts her trust in the wrong person

Carly has questions as her suspicions grow

Sonny realizes he's facing an uphill battle

Nina's world begins to crash down around her

Nina questions Valentin's intentions

Nina looks for solace at the bottom of a bottle

Curtis and Jordan's date doesn't go smoothly

Hayden is caught off guard

A sneak peek at next week

Lady luck shines down on Julian

Anna gets a helping hand

Nina turns to Andre for advice

Hayden takes steps to clear Finn's name

Lucy has a change of heart

Down the road previews

A curse must be broken

A marriage is tested

Brad's choices return to haunt him

DOOL Spoilers

A sneak peek at some of the action that will take place on DAYS during the week of May 8, 2017. Be sure to tune in to DAYS every weekday to see how everything plays out.

While Lani attempts to conceal the effects of Halo from J.J., Eli and Rafe learn more about the dangerous drug and, possibly, who's behind bringing it to Salem

Good intentions may backfire for Abe and Gabi as they attempt to get Valerie and Eli to make amends

Though intending to do Ciara a favor, Theo regrets helping Wyatt woo his best friend, especially when Wyatt's motives seem unsavory

As Theo has it out with Wyatt, Claire lays into Victor as she feels her grandfather plays favorites between her and Ciara

Jade's days of benefiting from Kayla's financial help are over, but Kayla may regret her decision as Jade holds their dirty family secret

Joey continues to worry that his deadly secret will be exposed, but Tripp seizes a moment to help Joey, bonding the brothers

Sonny and Paul continue their attempt to expose Deimos and end up jet-setting to Greece, hot on his heels

Though he's been warned that exposing himself to the amulet is dangerous, Chad acts cavalier about the artifact

Abigail is concerned for Chad's safety, but Chad seems more concerned about her growing closeness with Dario, especially after seeing her and Thomas with Dario

Chad and Abigail have it out over Dario, but that doesn't stop Dario from later asking Abigail to dine with him

Abigail remains hesitant over Dario's affections for her but doesn't hesitate to help him out of a legal jam

Hoping to help Chad and keep him out of trouble, unlikely allies Andre and Hope head to Greece to stop Chad's quest for the amulet and revenge

It could be too late for Andre and Hope as Chad might be hiding the fact that he's already obtained the coveted relic from Deimos

While Deimos is still determined to reunite with Nicole, he also pays a visit to the badly injured Brady, who's still clinging to life

With Brady's condition continuing to deteriorate, Valerie is forced to put him on the list to receive another new heart

An already shaken Marlena is rattled even more when she receives news about John while trying to reach him about Brady

When things look their worst for Brady, he reaches out to Justin to ensure his loved ones are taken care of after he's gone

Despite the things that have gone on between them, a concerned Chloe attempts to comfort Brady, who's grateful for her company

Brady and Chloe bond, especially after apologizing about the bitterness that has recently arisen between them

Staying true to his promise to Brady, Eric forms a plan to rescue Nicole and Holly from Xander's clutches

After catching a lucky break, Eric dons a disguise and breaks into Xander's clandestine island compound

Despite being confronted by Xander, Eric manages to make off with Holly and get her to safety, but his luck may run out…

Though Nicole is none too pleased to see Eric again and angrily rips into her former flame, they still have Xander to worry about

As Eric works to free Nicole, Xander arrives, and the former priest and the psycho have a dangerous battle

Casting scoops

Alison Sweeney bringing Sami back to DAYS!

B&B's Patrika Darbo back to DAYS

Days of our Lives shocker: Arianne Zucker to exit

Exclusive: Vincent Irizarry out at Days of our Lives

DAYS seeking actor for "cocky" new character

Vivian Jovanni exits DAYS

A sneak peek at next week

Two Salemites who don't have the best track record at love may find something in common

While one Salemite continues to struggle for their life, another returns to Salem

It's a legal affair for one Salemite while another finds their life quickly unraveling

Down the road previews

Springtime in Salem will see a classic whodunit, but the murderer and the motive prove to be shocking

While old enemies reluctantly find themselves working together, they may be in for a bigger shock when other ties are exposed

Some of Salem's most predominant couples could be in for shakeups as spring rolls around

Someone sinister slithers into Salem with unfinished business for their foes and family alike

A tried and true Salem schemer returns home and has an explosive story to share (and a few scandalous secrets)

the formatting removal did not work :(

Andre sees the prescription strength for Morgan's bi polar medicines were not the stronger ones he prescribed. Ava will get caught soon enough.

Lucas needs to find out what Brad is up too. I hope they either give Lucas and Brad a real storyline or just fire them.

Nurses's Ball coming up. Can't wait.

Still say it's not the real Anna with Valentin. Nina walks out on Valentin

Jason goes to Greece to get answers for Jake's past with Helena.

Anyway, on October 21 Carly, Dillion, Ned, Nelle and Finn are coming to a GH convention in Fort Worth. There will be interviews, Q&A and pictures and other stuff. My mom really wants to go and we hope to both go. the prices range from $85 to $235, so we will have to check it out. There is huge since not many GH ever come to Dallas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Anyway, on October 21 Carly, Dillion, Ned, Nelle and Finn are coming to a GH convention in Fort Worth. There will be interviews, Q&A and pictures and other stuff. My mom really wants to go and we hope to both go. the prices range from $85 to $235, so we will have to check it out. There is huge since not many GH ever come to Dallas.

That is huge for they usually just stick to the west and east coasts...I have always wanted to go to one of those events. You should try to go for sure if you can swing it! :D

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:26 PM, marlingrl03 said:

That is huge for they usually just stick to the west and east coasts...I have always wanted to go to one of those events. You should try to go for sure if you can swing it! :D

Yeah I know. This has to be a first for the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Rick Herst was just at the Texas Frightmare Weekend, but I couldn't afford it this time. It's not much to attend, but each actor makes their own prices and when I first went around 10 years ago, everyone was $20 for a picture and an autograph.

Lately, it's been over $30 and some bigger actors like Malcolm McDowell was charging over a $100 bucks last year. if you want to meet a few actors it'll cost you hundreds of dollars. it's crazy.

I hope to get to see this GH event. It would be amazing to meet them all. I have to see how much it'll cost. It's a big event so I doubt it'll be cheap if you want to meet all of them.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:44 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Texas rules!!!  @dontdamnmeuyi2015 make it  happen! :D 

Thanks. I hope to get there with my mom. She's been watching GH for about 40 years now and I would watch it with her when I was little.

I have to checkout the site and see how much money it's going to be.

• Like 1

Saw GH today although I missed about 15 minutes since there was another press conference. I really want someone to impeach Trump. So sick of all this stupid shit he is doing.

Anyway, definitely this is not Anna.

Jason found out some more stuff about jake when he was on Cassadine island. not good.

Jake got a special delivery today for his birthday. A magic kit with a personal surprise for him. This kid is going to blow soon.

Otherwise, it was kind of boring. Oh, but Nina left Valentin. lol

I'm glad Nathan is getting air time even though Maxie (Kiirsten) has been out on leave for the past month or so. Not sure when she will return. I really hope Maxie and Nathan stay a couple I loved them.

Jordan is a bore. I don't know what Curtis sees in her. Valerie was a better fit.

Andre will catch on to Anna pretty soon, I think.

DOOL was okay. Tired of Nicole being help captive and Brady needs another heart. So sad. Missed the last 10 minutes of DOOL due to the press conference again.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say
  • Like 1

Nina left Valentin????? woo hoo! and as i said before be it Anna, her twin or whatever let her and Valentin hook up! wonder how Nina's leaving will impact the Charlotte custody case? and they need to get to the point where Lulu is hiding behind large plants, behind desks and carrying big packages cos that girl is obviously showing :P

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Nina left Valentin????? woo hoo! and as i said before be it Anna, her twin or whatever let her and Valentin hook up! wonder how Nina's leaving will impact the Charlotte custody case? and they need to get to the point where Lulu is hiding behind large plants, behind desks and carrying big packages cos that girl is obviously showing :P

Well....I liked them together ( we don't all have to agree lol! ) but if I was her I'd have kicked his ass out the door too. Man just can not be trusted! <_<

And yeah its almost kinda embarrassing with Lulu that they are not hiding it or even making a story about how she Is over eating or something?! to explain her tummy.....they just don't care haha. That is the soap world for ya! :lol:

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 1

Okay, I just realized that some of you who live on the west coast don't see the soaps until about 2 or 3 hours after me. Sorry if I spoiled any shows for you.

GH was good today.

I have to watch DOOL. I was out and missed some of it. Nicole is still being held by Zander. I hope DOOL gives her a good sendoff and not make her go to jail.

6 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Patch and Kayla.

Victor Curieokies! (Jen Aniston's dad)

STEPHANO DEMIREZ!!!

OMFG

Are you being sarcastic Dr. Doom? lol

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, I just realized that some of you who live on the west coast don't see the soaps until about 2 or 3 hours after me. Sorry if I spoiled any shows for you.

GH was good today.

I have to watch DOOL. I was out and missed some of it. Nicole is still being held by Zander. I hope DOOL gives her a good sendoff and not make her go to jail.

Are you being sarcastic Dr. Doom? lol

he can't hang with us cool soapies ;)

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, I just realized that some of you who live on the west coast don't see the soaps until about 2 or 3 hours after me. 

No worries...I don't come to this thread till after I see my soaps anyway. :)

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

me either! i also stay away from Twitter cos it seems ALL the people i follow watch GH from the East Coast :facepalm:

Yeah I totally get that....since I live in AK I have an extra hour to wait before the west coasters even!  Damn time zones! :lol:

17 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah I totally get that....since I live in AK I have an extra hour to wait before the west coasters even!  Damn time zones! :lol:

LOL yes. for a lot of live events like The Oscars, Emmy's and such we don't get them til they are over and now with the internet the spoilers are EVERYWWHERE! :P

On 5/10/2017 at 1:38 AM, DieselDaisy said:

British soaps are best. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I do a fantastic Deidre. It goes, ''ugggh Ken''. Try Emmerdale. I heard the ladies swoon over Zak Dingle.

I do a fantastic Nick and Dot Cotton! :lol:

Ello Ma!

Ooh mah Nick, he were a good lad, ooh, where's me fags?  I'lll have a small sherry, you know me Ethel, I ain't one to pry :lol:

• Like 1