General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

Yeah I saw that San Anotonio will be dropping into the 50's....I know my brother will be freezing or at least think he is haha. We actually had a few freaky warm days up here because of some warm air from Hawaii- it hit 55* yesterday, when it should really be snowing! Strange weather all around sometimes! :) 

Well, today is cold too.

Tomorrow will be in the 30's at night. My daughter will have to wear tights under her dress and a coat. If it's not too windy, it won't be too bad. There are about 7 houses by my mom and then I drive to the other houses, so we won't be walking outside much. That's how they trick or treat in Texas, everyone drives around to the house where they are decorated and the porch light is on. You stop the kids get out and then you drive on. lol

There's this one cool house that has the "IT" clown on a carriage made of plastic bones with skeletons all around the outside. There's also spider webs all around the bushes and on their balcony they have two figures. One in white and one in black with scary faces. We can't wait to go to that house!

GH was good today. I hope Finn finds out what that girl did to Alexis and can help her. 

Cam is going to begin to do something to ease his pain and it's so common in today's teens. I hope he doesn't go too far.

The soaps today celebrated Halloween.

30's at night? Wow! You are creeping into our kind of weather! I can not stand the wind....I swear it makes it feel like 20* colder, at least up here, where it is always a brisk cold wind. Yuck!!! As far as trick or treating- kids have it so easy now lol! Riding in a car? Yeah that is not how we did it even up here growing up. It could be 5* and a foot of snow and we still bundled up and dressed up as best we could with our Halloween costumes and walked up and down the block almost 2 hours it seemed. We were tough kids in the 80's lol! :P 

I know my mom would go trick or treating after school and then again after dinner. She went to Catholic school so they had the next day off.

In Queens, NY we would go after school and go home once it got dark.

Here in Texas, the kids go trick or treating starting at 6 and my mom usually closes up close to 9.

Well, a character from GH came back today, but not being played by the same person. That sucks, but hey, it might be okay.

Wait until you see who Sam's cell mate is. Sam better grow a pair.

I don't know what that bitch gave Alexis, but she's getting worse. She's a crazy bitch.

Loved the characters' costumes on GH today. I think Joss and Cam are going to get into big trouble. lol

Well, it'll be very cold tonight, but the wind has died down. Back into the 70's next Monday and Tuesday, but then in the 60's. That's fine by me.

Have a Happy Halloween!

Nicholas is back from the dead and someone other than Tyler is playing him?! Nooooooooo!!!!! So bummed. :cry:

OH man Sam...Cassandra is your cell mate? Yikes...she is one scary lady. Jason, you need to break her out fast.

Yeah I don't like at all that Cam and Joss were drinking. Hope it's a one time thing but I'm sure it's not going to be. 

Happy Halloween and enjoy that warmer weather. :)

Yeah, I wonder why they didn't get Tyler back or one of the other actors to play Nicholas. This actor is very cute, but he seems young to me. Not sure about him and Ava?

Well, when you watch today's episode you'll find out who knows about Nick being alive and well.

I love that Julian is pranking Brad. lol 

Well, my daughter and I had fun trick or treating. So many houses were decorated so cool. One house, had the IT clown and about twenty red balloons and so many cool things. She got tons of candy.

My mom said she had about 25 kids. It was super cold last night, plus a school night. By 8 she closed up shop and we were home too.

Have a great weekend!

Yeah I think up here some neighborhoods did ok on Halloween and others not so much. I know that our local malls were packed though! They called it the Black Friday for children in costume lol!

So Ava checked herself in cause Laura didnt believe her....so sad. She now thinks she is losing her mind but she is not. Now I wonder how long Nick will stay in hiding and let Ava sit in there. Hopefully not too long!

Well Elizabeth handled her drunk son Cam perfectly. Funny but serious.....she is a great mom. Love her! 

Well, my mom told me that when Liz first came on GH, she was a teen and did some bad things too. she used to smoke and was like some teens are. lol Nothing too terrible, but she did drink too. I think Lucky was dating her older sister, but Liz liked him, but Lucky didn't like her attitude.

After Liz was raped, Lucky helped her along with Aunt Bobbie and then he and Liz fell in love. Liz does understand the angst of teens very well.

Well, it seems that Hayden and Jax know that Nick is alive and well. This won't sit well with Laura and Spencer too. Anyway, guess I have to see how this new nick goes. The actor who took Tyler's place for a few weeks was very good. I thought he and Ava had chemistry. Not sure about this Nick. He seems too young to me. Guess time will tell. It's good they re-cast Nick because I think his character is important to GH.

Our Texas weather was very nice this weekend. This week it'll be in the 70's one day and then dropping back into the 60's. Not too bad, but rain is coming yet again.

hope you had a good weekend.

Yeah I wish I could have seen GH way back then but back then I was VERY into Santa Barbara, OLTL and the B&B! I actually only started watching GH because I heard Rick Springfield was going to be on again. The time of Robin and Patrick and well that was it! I was hooked. :) My weekend has been good. Foggy and chilly outside just so basically holed up in my warm little condo. Hope your weekend was good!

Our weather is in the 70's again. lol but not too hot. Nice breeze.

Well, we found out more about Nicholas today. Honestly, I think Julian screwing around with Brad is a fun thing. lol

I read in my soap paper that Wylie's real parents will come out soon. At least, Lucas will still have access to him since he's Carly's brother. Julian will lose a grandchild and and Willow will be very very sad.

I do like the new Nick. He reminds me of the actor who took over the roll after Tyler left the first time.

Well, my uncle and his g/f used to watch GH in the 80's when Luke and Bobbie came on. Once my mom had me she got hooked on GH. She saw when Rick Springfield was on from the beginning and Luke and Laura. Those were some days she told me. When I got a little older and was still home she would have it on with me. then I started watching it when Brenda and Sonny and Jax were a thing. Love it. It's my favorite soap. So glad they didn't cancel it. Back in the day my mom would watch all the ABC soaps. Crazy how most of them are gone now.

Looks like Valentin might have Nina, but once Nick's plan comes true, he might be out of the house and off the island. I hope this means that Spencer will return soon too.

We sure did learn a lot more....not only is Nicholas is alive...but he is married to Hayden and Jax is involved. Wow! A lot to process! 

So Julian really does want Brad far away from his son....he's obviously willing to go to great lengths but it kills me how much pain Lucas is feeling. Hard to watch. :( Such a handsome actor.

Well, Brad had a little something up his sleeve. Let's see what Lucas thinks?

Yeah, why would Nick marry Hayden? Weird. I think Anna might be back by the end of the week or next week. I read it in ABC soaps. I think she might bring her sister back with her, not sure?

Well, I don't know what Scotty has in mind for Franco/Drew, but he better act fast. I'm honestly so sick of Kim, I can't wait for her to leave PC.

I am glad that Brad made that recording! Now there is A LOT that I don't agree with what Brad has done or is currently doing....but for Julian to make Brad hurt Lucas like that and leave him is not cool either. The recording of Julian was a nice touch and totally unexpected. 

The scenes with Franco/Drew saying good-bye to Elizabeth and Cam were sad. :( I hope that Scotty can convince Sonny to do something and do it fast! I know that the actor that plays Franco is not leaving any time soon, so there has to be something happening to get him to stay. 

Ohhh I just love Robert! I wish he were on so much more! So just a heads up but I am flying out for a conference soon in Ohio so may be delayed in watching GH!

I get home late Sunday so I can catch up on Monday (have Monday off-yay!) if Im not able to watch Th/F episode. It's getting good! Love November sweeps month....

Well have a safe trip to Ohio. I've never been there. It'll probably be cold, but you are used to that kind of weather.

Our temps have dropped down into the 40's now. My daughter is off on Monday, but the teachers have to work. She gets her braces on Monday. She picked a pretty blue for the bands. She's excited. Tonight her school is having a program dedicated to all Vets and we're all going to see her perform. My dad is a vet, so i'll be extra special.

Today's episode was very good. I read that Michael E. Knight has been asked to stay on GH, so that's cool.

Yeah, I wish Mac and Robert would get to do more detective work together. Sometimes GH doesn't use their core characters much.

I do hope Julian is the one to help find out what that bitch Kendra gave Alexis before she dies. The dead rat should make him curious enough to check the dumpster before it's too late.

Have a great weekend and a good trip.

So weird! Days of Our Lives has jumped ahead one year! Can't wait to see this week's episodes. This will effect every character on the show. 

Jennifer Horton was thrown off a balcony and went into a coma. Friday's episode she woke up and her husband Jack told her she was in a coma for a year! This is the first a soap has ever done this except for Dark Shadows back in the 60's and 70's. My mom told me they would jump from the past into the future, which was 1995 back then. lol

Hope you having a good mini vacation!

Wow! I have never seen a soap that does that...would love that! 

Just got back at midnight last night and had today off so got to watch GH live. I left Ohio just in the nick of time cause its snowing there! We haven't even had our first snow, which I'm glad! Hope you had a good weekend too.

Liked today's episode and Anna is FINALLY back. :) That Cassandra is just wow...loved how Charlotte kicked her. Yeah she's a brat but feisty and sticks up for herself! And Nicholas is going to get caught in not weeks but like any hour...he just wants to get caught it seems! Of course I would love to have Tyler back but I think this actor is doing pretty good so far.

Today's episode was awesome! I think it should be Friday's episode since GH is behind a few days.

I just read on yahoo that Days of our Lives had let go their actors from their contracts. 

I never thought jumping ahead a year would work, but I actually think it's made the plot better. Now I read that NBC might cancel it. DOOL films ahead about a year, so they have enough shows to last until the summer of 2020, but beyond who knows?  NBC said if it is renewed, it'll probably offer new contracts to their actors but at a lower salary. I'm upset by this. I have watched this show with my mom for a long time. She loves it too. 

I hate when networks mess with shows. I can't stand the thought of another talk show. Come on!

Anyway, GH was awesome today. I do hope Finn doesn't break up with Anna. I don't like nor do I trust Hayden and is she really married to Nicholas? Oh boy!

Glad you missed the snow.

Today is the coldest day of our weather to date. It's very cold outside today. Luckily the wind has died down, because it would be worse. Many Texans are not liking this weather at all! lol I love it. Put on a coat and hat and gloves and I'm good to go!

Omg, so it's true about Days??? What the hell? Isn't Days like the #1 soap?? This is very scary because I hope this doesn't set a precedent for the other networks to cancel their soaps. That would be utterly devastating!!!

Yeah this winter so far has been weird! We are not too cold yet, no snow while you guys are really cold and places like Ohio are getting our snow. :blink:

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

Omg, so it's true about Days??? What the hell? Isn't Days like the #1 soap?? This is very scary because I hope this doesn't set a precedent for the other networks to cancel their soaps. That would be utterly devastating!!!

Yeah this winter so far has been weird! We are not too cold yet, no snow while you guys are really cold and places like Ohio are getting our snow. :blink:

Well, many DOOL actors have taken to their twitter accounts and posting live tweets saying it's all bullshit. I do hope this is true. I know Days films a long time ahead and have shows through the summer of 2020, so I'm hoping this is fake news. That is what the producer of Days is saying too. Who knows? So many soaps have been cancelled in the years, so nothing is safe and no one is secure in their jobs.

I'm just going to enjoy watching it and hope that NBC renews it in the spring and all the actors are back again.

GH was great yesterday, but I bet Cassandra isn't dead. It's a soap for God's sake. lol

Anna was something. Can't wait for her to return home and see Hayden and her kid with Finn. I think Finn is getting sucked in yet again.

Glad Carly knows about Nick, but can she keep her mouth shut? lol

Charlotte bit Cassandra! That was awesome!

No soaps today because of Congress talking. Now GH will be behind 3 days or more. I know I can catch Days later on Demand, but GH will be way behind. I think yesterday's show should have been Friday's show.

Still cold today, but warming up into the 60's by Friday. I don't mind the 60's. Just don't want anymore heat until next summer. I wish.

The day is cold but sunny. So pretty out. The leaves have changed and everything smells so clean.

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Did you hear about Tyler being arrested for public intoxication?? It's sad..I am sure that played a huge part in why GH won't hire him. I truly hope he gets the help he needs....but at least his past co-workers like Greg are showing him their support. :heart:

I know I saw that. I know he was drinking when DOOL hired him and he left to get help. He has a wife and a couple of kids, so I hope he does get the help he needs to stay sober.

So glad Anna is back, but Violet is going to be a problem. Also why is Hayden married to Nick?

I love Anna's new longer hair. She has such pretty hair. Well, most of the Days actors are saying the whole Days story is just a rumor, fake news, so i hope they are not lying. lol I know eventually the last soaps will probably get cancelled and more horrible talk shows will be on, but I hope by then I don't care. lol I enjoy watching my soaps. It helps take my mind off everyday problems and I love the excitment of them.

Well, Days films 8 months ahead of time and even GH takes some breaks, so we'll find out for real by the spring of 2020. I've read different reports and some say that NBC will renew Days and the actors will return. Who knows? I was afraid after alot of the other soaps have been cancelled over the years this might happen one day.

More and more reality and talk shows are taking over and I really hate that. Like I said, how much talking can you do? lol

Anyway, looks like no soaps today either.

I can on demand Days after 5 today, but GH will be behind 4 shows now.

Does The Young and the Restless show their episodes online or on demand or are they behind too?

Have a good weekend. Our temps are going up a bit, so it should be a nice weekend.

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Does The Young and the Restless show their episodes online or on demand or are they behind too?

Have a good weekend. Our temps are going up a bit, so it should be a nice weekend.

CBS is awesome about their soaps! a lot of support there! Not only do I see new episodes on holidays but I do get to watch them online and they do not seem to have missed even one day, which rocks. Love that station. B&B is getting better- Denise Richards is on that and her character has brought that soap a little life.

Have a good weekend. :)

Edit- My bad! I was wrong....all episodes have been new except for today's episode of the B&B. Y&R had a new episode today. But it is rare. If they do preemept you can almost always watch it online the next day.

Edited by marlingrl03