General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

15 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I am watching today's show....Hulu is showing the old shows after all! I scrolled down and saw it. I'm so happy!!!! :shades:

That is great! The Nurses Balls are one of my favorite storylines of GH.

Days is still with new shows. It'll be weird for them when the shows can begin taping again because they won't be a year ahead anymore! lol 

June 26 CBS will show the Daytime Emmy's. Still not sure how they will do that?

Also I got an email regarding GH having Fantasy weekends and they're coming back to Fort Worth Texas in November. Not sure if this will be postponed or not? It's not too expensive, but then pictures and autographs are extra, so it can add up. Plus Fort Worth is over an hour from where I live and it would be best to stay in the hotel, but then that's more money. Plus I honestly don't want to spend the night anywhere but home these days.

Guess time will tell.

Enjoy the GH reruns. I had forgotten about most of the shows, so it's nice to see them again.

So I wonder if they are just going to show one nurse's ball? or different ones week to week?

I would love to see a Patrick/Robin appearance at the ball. I can't remember what year that would be. They were so cute when they first started dating! and when Rick Springfield was on as his dad!!! 

I don't watch award shows usually but will for sure watch the Emmy's because it may be the only year it is televised. 

Today's Nurses Ball was 2015.

Jake who was Jason was on with Hayden. I forgot she was hired by Rick to pretend to be his wife.

Maxie was with spinelli, but she really loved Nathan. lol

Robin wasn't at this ball either.

Duke was still alive but not with Anna. 

Carly was with Sonny. Olivia was with Ned but pregnant with Julian's kid. lol Sam was with Patrick. I forgot about them being together.

Sabrina was with Michael. She was the nurse who was killed awhile ago. She was supposed to marry Patrick but Robin came back. Not sure if Robin went way or was kidnapped again.lol Every time Kimberly (Robin) would leave GH she was usually kidnapped.

Anyway, it's nice to see the old Nurses's balls again.

I wonder what other shows GH will continue to show once the balls are over.

They should show the beginning of the Nurses' balls. Love to see them. I didn't realize they began in 1994. It would be cool to see who's still here and who's gone again.

Stay well.

Yeah that whole Rick, Elizabeth, Jake storyline I dont remember really well at all...which is too bad because it appeared pretty juicy! 

Love love love the tag team of Brad and Britt making fun of the people who walk the red carpet. They should bring them back every year just for that lol!

And Leisel's 99 Red Balloon number and Spencer shouting that was fabulous! Yes it was Spencer yes it was! :lol:

Yeah, Leisil stole the show a few years. She's a good performer for sure. Spencer was so cute when he was little. I hope he comes back once the soaps comes back too.

Yeah, I remember Liz was married to Rick a long time ago. They were going to have a baby but a mob woman threw Liz down the stairs and she lost the baby. At the time, Carly was pregnant with Morgan and Rick put her in a secret room to steal her baby. Liz found out and I think Rick left town. he never seems to get arrested. He wanted Liz back so he hired Hayden to make believe she and Jake "Drew" were married. 

When Jake Jason Drew escaped the lab I think from Helena, not sure, he got run over by Ava. When he was in the hospital he had to have plastic surgery on his face. Liz was his nurse. he had no memory of who he was and since at that time Jake, Liz's son was presumed dead, he took that name. Jake lived with Liz and they fell in love. Rick then hired Hayden. Now it would be cool to continue this story since Liz and Jake are set to get married when Carly finds out that jake is Jason. Spinelli had some comupter thingie and facial stuff. Liz was on the outs with the town after that.

Sam was so happy, but Jake had no memory of her. Then they began to try to get him to remember which after a motor cycle accident he did remember, but then became the news mogel and got out of the business. Then the real Jason Morgan came back and we found out he had a twin named Andrew and then that story began. Seeing Billy Miller made me miss him all the more and he is asuch a good actor. I would have loved to see him and Jason bond especially after Oscar's death, but GH screwed Billy over too. I hate when GH loses good actors.

I think it/when it comes out that Peter is behind all the bad things, Drew finally comes home since I doubt he's really dead. Same with Holly. I think Robert is right and it would be so cool to see Robert and Luke team up to find Holly. Luke and Holly were a thing after Laura was presumed dead too. My mom told me Luke disappeared in an alvalanche and presumed dead, lol, then Robert and Holly fell in love. So much cool history. I wish GH would go back to the 80's with the start of Luke and Laura. My mom said it was so exciting back then. So much adventure and love.

Have a good weekend. 

Such a bad weekend with all the riots around the US. It's not the way to make changes. it only shows this is the wrong way with violence.

Meanwhile, the virus is still spreading and killing people.

Stay well.

Wow...I am very impressed with your memory! I still dont remember when Drew was Jake. Oy! But yeah it was good to see Billy Miller. Heck it was good to see all the old characters. Oh how I miss them! Especially Tyler. The one and only true Nicholas Cassadine in my eyes.

These riots are crazy and so utterly sad and devastating! I'm so so proud of our Anchorage protestors for doing it 100% peacefully. Our cops stayed in the background in unmarked cars and let them do their thing. Their is no need to trash your own city. None. 

But I am saddened about our COVID case numbers today. The highest count since this whole thing started in March. Boooooo. :thumbsdown:

I know the corona virus numbers are going on again. I knew this virus wasn't going away anytime soon.

Well, today was the GH Nurses' Ball from 2017. Jake is now Jason. Nina was Michelle. She was an amazing Nina.

Sonny and Carly were on the outs. That I don't remember all that much. lol

Seeing these old NB makes me miss the one that could have happened this year. 

Days is still going strong with their new episodes. It's weird that the other soaps are on repeat. I did see a Y&R yesterday and Nikki was so young. I think it was from 1991. I wish GH would show older shows too. It would be cool to see the shows from the 80's when Luke and Laura began. I guess it this keeps up they might have to go into older shows.

Well, the Dallas Gov make a statement today that Texas will take care of their own and not allow the military to come in here. There has been some riots and looting, but I'm hoping since the leaders of the city and state are having meetings to resolve any issues might be the way to peace. 

This year is turning into one big horror year. I do hope next year or by fall we are in a better place.

I mean the new Nina is slowly slowly growing on me but everytime I see the old Nina, I'm like sorry but she is Nina!!!

It's really too bad they didnt show the nurses ball from the beginning. I was off yesterday so got to watch the CBS soaps and both episodes were from the 90s. It was awesome! You are very lucky that Days has new episodes still....everyone else needs to follow what they do in case this thing ever happens again.

And speaking of COVID...we are definitely getting our second wave I think. Our curve went down for like a month so our governor was like ok let's open it up. And now our curve is going back up....but at least he is doing one thing right. We are the first state that says you have to take the test before you enter AK. You have to have a paper that says you are COVID negative! Woah. A lot of people hate it...he will talk more about it at the press conference tonight. We have to be safe. People don't get it's still alive and well this dang virus!

I think that is good to show proof you are negative to the virus. Many people don't know or don't get tested and this is how it keeps spreading.

With the protests and riots I'm sure every state will be in a second wave.

Meanwhile Texas is allowing restaurants to be 50% capacity now. And other places are opening more and more. I swear I still won't eat anywhere. I'm so much more aware of things now. My mom doesn't go anywhere except to Walmart and back. She's retired so she doesn't have to really go anywhere anymore. She exercises at home too.

I think if/when there is a vaccine, we will try to continue our lives, but I think we will have to get a vaccine every year or more like the flu vaccine. This virus will become part of our everyday lives from now on. We just have to try and stay aware and stay well.

I know I wish GH would show the 80's all over again. My mom said it was full of adventure and love back then. the nurses balls are cool, but yeah, so many things left up in the air now.

Yeah, Michelle was an amazing Nina. I wonder why she went back to Y&R? She is just an all around amazing actress.

Yeah, Days has some good story lines coming up. I still don't know how they managed to film so many months in advance. Those actors must have been working on different episodes at one time.

Stay well.

GH is not on today. The news is showing the funeral of George Floyd.

Yeah even though our state is fully open, I have not eaten out yet...but I do take out. All while wearing my mask of course. Our 2nd wave has started already so not taking any chances! 

It was a good episode yesterday even though it wasn't that old! All the musical numbers were great. Hulu showed the episode unless that was Wednesday's episode?

Maybe? Hulu shows them now but not until pretty late in the evenings. It's confusing to try to figure it all out since they aren't in order anymore when I scroll down to "Episodes!"

Have a great weekend. :)

Yesterday GH episode was the 2018 Nurses's Ball. I love the musical numbers too, but the other storylines won't continue so I do remember some of them. It was funny that no one knew Peter was Faison's son yet and he hated Anna.

I was thinking that the GH writers must have the upcoming episodes already written, but who knows when they will be filmed?  I'm so curious as to who will get custody of Wylie. I really want Nelle gone now. She's never going to change and if she is Nina's daughter, she won't be grateful she'll guilt Nina into giving her whatever she wants. That girl will never be kind.

No plans for this weekend. it's so very hot here in Texas. I don't know how those protesters stand it.

Have a good safe weekend.

Just watched it...loved Chase's number! Handsome and talented he is. Also nice seeing beautiful Nina and Robin! Weird seeing Maxie pregnant though. You just never seen her kids!  

Hope you were able to cool down with the AC. It was a beautiful weekend up here. Be well. B-)

Well when the sun was out this past weekend, it felt pretty hot! It's all relative because once you get acclimated to this climate, 70* is hot! However, now the rain has come and we even had 3 days of thunder, which was very cool because its still kind of a rare thing up here. 

I think its making me tired because I can't stop yawning at work lol! 

I had to watch Days today ON DEMAND. It wasn't on yesterday because the networks showed the George Floyd funeral. I don't like funerals at all especially if it's a relative or a good friend. I saw some of it and it was an amazing tribute to him. I just felt sad that he will be remembered for his terrible death. I do hope that change does come to America and around the world. We need to be better to each other.

GH is still airing the Nurses' Balls. I wonter what they will show after? I wish they would show GH from the beginning. That would be cool to see how it all started or maybe the 80's the decade of adventure with Luke and Laura. That would be cool.

Well, today, we got some northern winds, so the humidity is gone. It does feel a little cooler even though it's still in the 80's. When we first moved to Texas the humidity wasn't as high as it is today. I think all the a/c units and cars add to the heat index now. It's best to stay inside when it's very hot outside.

Stay well and enjoy the warmer weather.

I was wondering what they will show too after they show the last ball. Probably episodes not that old at all!

I am glad they didn't have many scenes with Kiki and that Dr. Man, he was creepy!!! and Peter was also acting in the episode yesterday super dark and creepy- he can play that role really well! 

Stay cool!!

It was weird to see Shiloh and Ryan again. What a difference a year makes! 

Yeah, I'm wondering too what GH will air next? No more NB.

Days is still going strong. Today Sami's daughter came to town pregnant. lol Last year this girl was like 9 and now she's 18 or so. Allison Sweeney who plays Sami will return next week to Days.

I love when old characters come back. I would do the same thing if I was on a soap. Always come back to where you started.

Stay well and keep cool!

Slimy Shiloh..oh how do I NOT miss him!!! 

I was cracking up when Leisel was doing her number with Franco and Nina is looking down and Carly had this look of disgust on her face. I swear the audience's reactions are priceless!! Also when Ava did her number, there was a lot of WTF faces?? :lol:

Have a great weekend. Stay safe and well. I know your state and my state are getting lots of COVID cases. Hate this! People don't give a fuck and it makes me sooooo mad.

I know the actors on GH are so damn talented. I do hope GH continues with this storyline because it ended with Ava waiting for Ryan to visit her. If GH repeats 2019 and up to 2020 maybe by then things might be better to start filming again. 

I agree with you. Texas was good when they closed down but then they opened up quickly with things and the virus is going up. Many people aren't wearing masks and that's not good. We are still not sure how this virus spreads? So we have to still be cautious. Trump doing these rallies are not helping either.  I really do hope he doesn't get re-elected. 

Sometimes the actors will have smiles on their faces because it's a fellow actor and I think they forget that they aren't supposed to like that character. Yeah, Lesil and Franco rocked! 

Today, Joss did her song and she saw Oscar smiling at her in the back of the room. It was both sad and touching.

Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe too!

That was a good intense way to end it...good episode. May be a good thing the Nurses Ball is almost done cause some people are starting to complain about it. They should honestly just be glad we are getting GH reruns instead of drums of the Talk or what not! Because I wouldn't put it past ABC to do that. And yeah Joss's performance was great, wonderful voice. 

Well I am back to shopping late at night since all these selfish asses up here are not wearing their damn masks. It makes me so angry! Our mayor has straight up said another "hunker down" may happen if people don't do their part to help stop the virus. They wont till they make it mandatory...but tptb just wont do it. <_<

I know I don't know why people are not wearing their masks. I heard on the ABC Corona virus show at noon that this virus can be spread through your eyes now. It can start as Pink Eye and spread. Some people might have to cover their eyes now. I just keeps getting worse each day, so people need to continue using protection and distancing.

I checked The Bold and the Beautiful and saw Ronn Moss and Peter Barton. The episode was from 1999. OMG! GH was from 2007 and everyone was so young. The original Lulu was on and Jason was on too. Jerry Jax, brother to Jax, is a very bad guy.

I actually met the actor and he was so cool. He said he loved working on GH all those times. He was also on Vampire Diaries and the Originals. His name is Sebastian Roche.

Anyway, his character shot Robin and they had to operate on her in the lobby of the Metro Court. I checked this weeks' shows and like the other soaps they are jumping all over the place. I wish they would pick a year or six months and go with it for a while.

Friday's episode was when Ryan went to be with Ava and I know she stabs him after Chase captures him. I would have loved to have seen that again. lol

It's super hot here, so I stay inside. So glad I can work from home. I only go in work one day a week. My daughter is with me all week too. 

Our pool in the apartment is open, but I won't go into it. It's got too many kids. Not safe.

Be well and stay safe.

Can you order your groceries online and pick it up? I see alot of shoppers doing that in Walmart now. And many other stores are doing the same thing now.

20 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

That was a good intense way to end it...good episode. May be a good thing the Nurses Ball is almost done cause some people are starting to complain about it. They should honestly just be glad we are getting GH reruns instead of drums of the Talk or what not! Because I wouldn't put it past ABC to do that. And yeah Joss's performance was great, wonderful voice. 

Well I am back to shopping late at night since all these selfish asses up here are not wearing their damn masks. It makes me so angry! Our mayor has straight up said another "hunker down" may happen if people don't do their part to help stop the virus. They wont till they make it mandatory...but tptb just wont do it. <_<

The Talk is on CBS here and GH is on ABC. I know I was worried the channels might take the soaps off and put some other stupid talk show, but there are too many of them already and talking from home through their computers. I'm getting so sick of that. lol

Since the virus isn't slowing down, I doubt any shows will be filming for a while. 

Oh I know all about Sebastian Roche lol----love the guy! I follow him on IG and Twitter. I loved the evil character of Jerry but he is also so good in other roles. I need to check out the Vampire Diaries.

So you know how rumors are on the internet- but I read that a friend of Genie Francis said that soaps will start shooting on July 8th or somewhere near there. I sure hope its true! But yeah I dont know because they showed video of a large crown in LA and even though they are mandated to wear masks outside, only half the people were. Idiots! Guess they all want the virus and be sheltered at home more....

Oh yeah I meant the other show that was canceled on ABC- the Chew? I dont know, I never watched those shows!! :P 

Yeah, The Chew was another cooking show. i think one of the male chefs was accused of sexual misconduct and he was fired. The show only lasted a year or so. I mean we have cooking channels, so why have another cooking show on regular Tv.

My mom used to watch all the ABC soaps when I was little. Then ABC cancelled AMC and One life to live. That was a shock to all the actors. Those soaps were amazing and always had good storylines going on. We don't need anymore talk shows either. I'm so sick of them. 

Well, it will be interesting to see if/when the soaps start to film. Maybe they can keep their distance and the editors will somehow put them togetther? lol Not sure, but it'll be great if they can start to film without any danger to anyone.

Yeah, I can't wait to see the Daytime emmys, but I'm curious as to how they will do it and who will attend? 

Stay well.

Okay, I just read on yahoo.com that the B&B will start filming and use blow up dolls for sex scenes. lol

Do you think this could be true? My brother said they need to test the actors and crew everyday and hopefully they will all be safe. I don't know? I don't want anyone getting sick because they feel they need to film soon.

Also I'm just thinking is the porn industry still filming or did they stop too? lol Just a thought!