Jump to content
AxlsFavoriteRose

General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

 

Ha...I read that article too. Yup, they are filming! Tomorrow!!! It sounds like they are doing everything they should, people being tested, limited people on set etc etc.

I saw them filming on a news channel. I think it's because the B&B is only a half an hour it'll be easier for them to film. Everyone will be tested and have to wear a mask when not filming. I didn't see them talking about using dolls for sex scenes. lol Guess we'll find out.

I may have to begin watching this soap whenever it comes back.

Don't forget Friday, June 26 is the daytime emmys. So curious as to how this will be?

So cool to see one soap coming back! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh thanks for the reminder! If I don't write things down, I totally forget things. It's awful. I assume that will be on in the daytime? Cause I work. Hmmm. Well if it is I hope it is on YT or something. Speaking of streaming channels, Hulu is not showing the new/old episodes of GH this week, but I caught yesterdays episode on YT. The sound was horrible but that is what happened when regular people try to upload stuff. Oh well! 

But yeah I am very very excited about B&B coming back!!!!! :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw them filming on a news channel. I think it's because the B&B is only a half an hour it'll be easier for them to film. Everyone will be tested and have to wear a mask when not filming. I didn't see them talking about using dolls for sex scenes. lol Guess we'll find out.

I may have to begin watching this soap whenever it comes back.

Don't forget Friday, June 26 is the daytime emmys. So curious as to how this will be?

So cool to see one soap coming back! :)

I think they might've shut down production again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They paused to get more testing protocols in place and will start again 6/23. Fingers crossed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 3:40 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Ohhh thanks for the reminder! If I don't write things down, I totally forget things. It's awful. I assume that will be on in the daytime? Cause I work. Hmmm. Well if it is I hope it is on YT or something. Speaking of streaming channels, Hulu is not showing the new/old episodes of GH this week, but I caught yesterdays episode on YT. The sound was horrible but that is what happened when regular people try to upload stuff. Oh well! 

But yeah I am very very excited about B&B coming back!!!!! :headbang:

Daytime emmys are on Friday, June 26 at 7:00 p.m. it's on at nighttime.

The hosts from The Talk will be hosting. Still not sure how this is going to work? lol

also production shut down on the B&B, so make sure they are keeping everyone safe. They said they would go back to work next week. I think because it's only a half hour, it'll probably be easier to film this soap. I may just have to begin watching this soap. Never have, but hey, I'm sure it's good.

I watched GH today. So sad. It was when Morgan died and Drew was Jason for a bit. lol I forgot how sad this storyline was. Dillion was still on as was Tracy. It was cool seeing these shows. You don't realize how you forget these storylines after a while. Then it comes back to you.

have a wonderful weekend and stay well and safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

They paused to get more testing protocols in place and will start again 6/23. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I read that in an email. Hopefully, they will work it out. If it goes well maybe other soaps and other tv shows will follow soon. Not sure though, since numbers are up again.

I went to Walmart today and some people didn't have masks on. I just don't understand what's not to realize about this virus? I think the states should have stayed shut down until fall.

The schools want to know by July if kids will attend school classrooms or do online classes. This is just too stressful to think about. I think being in the classroom would be better for teaching kids, but will it be safe? God forbid one kid gets ill, it might spread to everyone. Doing online would be tough because of their attention span. A lot of parents have to work and how can they leave little kids at home? I wish someone with a brain could figure out how to keep kids safe as well as teachers and start school up again.

I keep hoping for a miracle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to see yesterday's episode...awww what a sad emotional episode. Laura knocked it out of the park with her acting...so raw and real. :(

I talked to my brother in San Antonio...he said there numbers are starting to climb but thankfully he can work mostly from home still. Most states curve is up again. Sad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, so many people are not wearing masks and going out more.

I saw the Mayor of San Antonio talking on the news. He didn't seem worried about it. Hopefully, your brother will do what he has to in staying safe and well.

If I go out, I wear a mask and I have no desire to eat in a restaurant. You can order anything to be delivered now. lol 

Yeah, I wonder if GH will continue this story for a bit. It seems funny to see the other Jason for now. I think GH knew he had to be different from Steve's Jason. I wish Billy would have been able to stay on GH and we could have seen the brothers Drew and Jason coming closer. Now we'll never know?

We had storms this morning, but it's going to be very hot all week. Summer is here!

Stay safe and stay well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a week later and I just saw the 2007 GH episode with Jerry Jacks. Hulu didn't show any new/old episodes for like 4 days and today 4 of them popped up but I was hella confused which one was shown today so I was like guess I will watch this one! :lol: 2007 was a good year. Most of my fave actors in it....the good ol days. 

I just read that maybe Y&R will start filming in July...which is soon! Hope so. 

My brother is staying safe thankfully. He loves being able to work at home! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, working from home is the best thing to do right now.

Yesterday's episode was when Sonny kidnapped Sam. She didn't know him nor Jason as yet. Jax was in it and so young and Tamara was Carly and Michael was the little red haired boy.

Liz was so young. Rick was in it too. So was Courtney who was Sonny's half sister. I wish GH would pick a year and stick with it for a bit.

Well, if the B&B has good results maybe the 3 other soaps will try to film too. The other 3 soaps are an hour and that means more actors on set, so who knows? I guess it's worth a try. Everything else seems to be going ahead even though numbers keep going up.

Stay well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liz amazes me, she is so gosh darn pretty and doesn't age....I want to know what she outs on her face lol! Rick was great, he could be a little devil but liked his character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Liz amazes me, she is so gosh darn pretty and doesn't age....I want to know what she outs on her face lol! Rick was great, he could be a little devil but liked his character.

I know when I saw Liz I was thinking the same thing.

I really wish GH would begin with a year and stick with it. This going from different years is making me nuts. I saw Alexis was pregnant today,but I think it might be with Molly. Not sure. Jason is with Sam now and Nick and Emily and Diego was back holding the other Brooklynn captive.  Jason looked so young and less buff than he became. lol

Yeah, Rick was sometimes good and sometimes very bad. He once kept Carly captive in a secret room when he was married to Liz to steal Carly's baby. It might have been Morgan, don't remember lol

Corbin Bernson was Carly's real dad. I met him at a horror convention once. He was very nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard about Rick doing that but never saw it...I should try to see if it is on You Tube. You can find so many things there haha.

Liz looked so frumpy in that huge long sleeved nurses scrub. Glad they changed into normal scrubs. and man I miss that opening music. Those were the good ol years. and I dont remember when Nick had a twin or cousin or what was that?!

and yeah I agree with you about the years! It is ALL over the place!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 2:27 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, working from home is the best thing to do right now.

Yesterday's episode was when Sonny kidnapped Sam. She didn't know him nor Jason as yet. Jax was in it and so young and Tamara was Carly and Michael was the little red haired boy.

Liz was so young. Rick was in it too. So was Courtney who was Sonny's half sister. I wish GH would pick a year and stick with it for a bit.

Well, if the B&B has good results maybe the 3 other soaps will try to film too. The other 3 soaps are an hour and that means more actors on set, so who knows? I guess it's worth a try. Everything else seems to be going ahead even though numbers keep going up.

Stay well.

Rick Springfield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Rick Springfield?

Ha...no a character named Rick. But I actually only started watching GH cause I heard Rick Springfield was on it. I think the year was 2006? But I have been watching it ever since. Love me some Rick Springfield! :shades:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ha...no a character named Rick. But I actually only started watching GH cause I heard Rick Springfield was on it. I think the year was 2006? But I have been watching it ever since. Love me some Rick Springfield! :shades:

He is one talented guy, there's pretty much nothing he can't do. He doesn't get his due as a musician because a lot of people see him as a pretty boy actor. Simply not true, he has the chops and it seems effortless for him. 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Rick Springfield?

Rick Springfield played Dr. Noah Drake back in the 80's on GH. Once his music career took off he left soon after. He has come back off and on but not for a long time.

He was so cute back then. 

Then his son named Dr. Patrick Drake was introduced by him. He was on for a long time. Now the actor is on the Y&R.

I heard the Y&R might resume taping in July. Guess they will see how it goes with the B&B. I would love the soaps to resume taping, but the hour long shows have so many characters, how can they all be kept safe?

 

GH today had the wedding of Sam and Jason in the Chinese restaurant. James Franco was on too. So was Johnny Saccara and his crazy mobster father. So good to see Lucky and Dante and the original LuLu again too.

It was from 2011. So many things have changed since those shows.

Have a good weekend.

Stay safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So proud of Jason aka old Patrick for winning the Emmy. He has such a cute family. I thought the Emmy show was pretty good even though it was all done remotely from people's homes. It went by pretty fast.  I do wish Maura had won though...I mean Tamra is great too but Maura is just one helluva an actress!

Now that Rick Springfield is on my mind again I have been watching clips from when I first started watching GH in 2006. Oh the memories! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

So proud of Jason aka old Patrick for winning the Emmy. He has such a cute family. I thought the Emmy show was pretty good even though it was all done remotely from people's homes. It went by pretty fast.  I do wish Maura had won though...I mean Tamra is great too but Maura is just one helluva an actress!

Now that Rick Springfield is on my mind again I have been watching clips from when I first started watching GH in 2006. Oh the memories! :)

I agree with you about Ava. I think she is an amazing actress. Tamara has won many emmys. I think she won when she was on All my children too. Anyway, Patrick was the one the soap papers said would win. I wonder if it's a given that a lot of CBS shows/actors win because the show was on CBS? I mean Jon L who plays Kevin/Ryan was outstanding last year. Oh well.

I watched The View today and they were so happy the whole show won this year not just the hosts. Good for them. I love Whoopie. She is the voice of reason in this crazy world.

Oh, yeah, Rick was on in the 80's. My mom watched it then. He was paired with many actresses back then. Once his music career took off he left the show. he was so cute back then and he's still a handsome guy now. He always thanked GH for helping his career take off.

Well, you know Texas numbers are up. Staying in most of the time. Work from home and only shop in Walmart. It's so hot here in Texas staying in is the way to go anywhere.

I can't believe that some public pools are opening up today. They are limiting people and you can only swim for 3 hours, but still. We are staying away from our pool.

Take care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's GH was from 2010. Sonny just shot Domonic (Dante) his own son. lol I do remember that episode.

Great to see Lucky and Ethan. Luke too. And Carly was married to Jax. Wow! so much changes since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not get to see it....I hate it when Hulu holds back and the adds 4 shows at once cause I get so lost. Booo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I did not get to see it....I hate it when Hulu holds back and the adds 4 shows at once cause I get so lost. Booo!

That is what my ON Demand does. I had to watch Friday Days our lives online because Spectrum cable never put it on until Monday morning. What gives? I mean as soon as the whole country sees the show, put it on demand the next day. Anyway, I don't understand why they do that?

I did see GH today. It was when Michael was in jail and everyone hated Dante. Carly wanted Brooklyn to seduce Dante away from Lulu. lol And Luke and Tracy were together.

I love seeing Lucky, Nathan and Nick too. I just wish the soaps would stick with one year and to with that. Going year to year it making me want to know what happened again? lol It's confusing me.

Stay well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, got to see yesterdays episode. Yeah it was weird seeing Carly being married to Jax but seeing that different Michael was what got me!!! I loved seeing Patrick and Robin and it was hard seeing Sonny shoot Dante. Eek. Lucky, I never cared for lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was weird. Anna arrested Duke and Franco was married to Carly. I think Dante was married to Lulu too. Nina had a baby, don't remember where she got it from? Her mother was there too.

Also Michael found out Sonny killed AJ and Sonny and Ava had sex in the crypt. lol Crazy times.

I'm so glad Days is still new. Finally, a couple got married today. The wedding started on Monday, but there were some interruptions. lol What a shock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to see the right episode based on your great description! 

So that baby was stolen from Ava- I think they had kidnapped Ava and drugged her or something. It was pretty crazy.

And the talk about AJ took me back. I had forgotten about that storyline..that was sad that AJ had to be killed. :(  So intense that scene was with Sonny and Michael. I wonder if Michael has ever been nominated for an emmy. He should be!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×