1 Year ago Today

Mark1989

Axl Blew our minds. I remember the feeling of the whole build up. When I was at the studio in Lisbon listening to the rehearsals the anticipation was amazing. The torrential rain and wind was madness but somehow when the band came on the clouds cleared and the rain stopped. When I heard the opening lien of rock or bust I knew we were in store for something amazing. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Underhardy said:

I'm sure you all remember the shitty quality but epic fan recordings of their rehearsals... hearing axl screaming hells bells and thunderstruck for the first time.. some still didn't believe it was axl haha.. 

I sure do remember. It was so exciting...couldn't believe how excellent Axl sounded! Good times. :headbang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

I sure do remember. It was so exciting...couldn't believe how excellent Axl sounded! Good times. :headbang:

i remember watching every periscope i could find. chasing periscope for hours! but hanging in the chat room was cool...we were experiencing history together!:headbang:

I've said before that I had extremely low expectations of Axl on the Brian material because of how most of 2011-2014 sounded. He completely blew me away when we started hearing those clips. I truly didn't think Axl still had that in him, but boy did he deliver. I feared that we'd be getting "Mickey" versions of Hells Bells and Shoot to Thrill. Ironically I thought he actually did better on the Brian material even though I figured initially that the Bon stuff would come more naturally to him. If anything, the "Mickey" showed up more in TNT (consistently what I'd consider the weakest song of the tour) and Dirty Deeds. Kudos to Axl and here's to another AC/DC album and tour.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I've said before that I had extremely low expectations of Axl on the Brian material because of how most of 2011-2014 sounded. He completely blew me away when we started hearing those clips. I truly didn't think Axl still had that in him, but boy did he deliver. I feared that we'd be getting "Mickey" versions of Hells Bells and Shoot to Thrill. Ironically I thought he actually did better on the Brian material even though I figured initially that the Bon stuff would come more naturally to him. If anything, the "Mickey" showed up more in TNT (consistently what I'd consider the weakest song of the tour) and Dirty Deeds. Kudos to Axl and here's to another AC/DC album and tour.

The Bon material was definitely weaker. TNT was always the low point. Dirty Deeds was rough in Europe, but excellent in the US. Touch Too Much really only sounded good one out of the three times it was played. But everything else was incredible. 

• Like 1

It was actually these videos that made everyone freak out...I remember some people even said it was an old clip from the 80's of Axl singing thunderstruck, hearing these the first time was exciting for sure. You knew it was him and you knew he'd brought something special for these shows.

listening back to Lisbon now I realized how much more polished he was in the US. Even little things like the way he enunciated words in back in black on the first show to in the US there was big improvements. His flow was so much  better as he got more shows under his belt and the improvement on the Bon material was incredible. Some of my favorite clips are High Voltage, If you want blood, and Rock n Roll Damnation 

15 hours ago, James Bond said:

as a comparison i think Axl doing the Brian stuff is akin to NuGuns. just never cared about it. i love the Axl/Bon stuff. i can feel Axl channeling Bon! :P 

46 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

2016: What a f***ing Amazing year!!!!!!

yeah for bad ( all those who passed and that we will miss forever ) but good for the incredible historical music made by Axl with Slash and Duff and even a few Popcorn appearances and of course the amazing AXL/DC :)

• Like 1