Fede

Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Best guess it's to announce California shows - LA/San Diego.

Could possibly be to announce those shows as being the start of some sort of AFD reunion for those dates plus the remainder of the US tour dates. (Which from a marketing perspective would be genius...since the balance of US tour dates ticket sales have been somewhat average).

And that could have been the reason Fernando met with Live Nation - to figure out a solution to get ticket sales going/ to come to a modified agreement that includes both Adler and Izzy on the remaining US tour dates.  And obviously if that's the case, look for near instant sellouts of the remaining dates after it's announced.  Of course, this could be me just dreaming but would be awesome if true.

I could see something along these lines although as much as I'd enjoy an AFD reunion I'd be a bit pissed on behalf of myself and Europe if they announced Izzy and Steven for the US dates then showed up in Europe with the current set up.

If the US dates were the beginning of a new AFD 5 cycle then I'd have to wait another 18 months again to see all 5. :lol:

• Like 2

It'll be a surprise show or shows in L.A. to coincide with the 30th Anniversary of Appetite. No indication of who may or may not show up will be given and will only be revealed once the show or shows have taken place. So it could be anything from the current line-up playing a regular show, to them playing Appetite in its entirety or to Steven and/or Izzy making an appearance. We won't know until it happens. But my guess is something of that nature.

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

But why would they announce more dates on radio? Unless there is something extremely special about the new dates. We've seen they post the tour dates in their official website.

Just because LA is such a major market is my guess.

anything shy of guns n roses reuniting for the first time since steven and then izzy left would be disappointing.  if the five members of guns n roses are on stage alone that will be powerful and truly a remarkable reunion, but if guns n' roses is forced to play with any of axl's employees or any of the touring employees who play behind axl, slash & duff that would be terrible, lame, and a real fuck you to what the band was and how the band will be remembered in history.

the other scary and unacceptable bullshit would be if guns n' roses played axl's solo material from CD.  while axl and team yes will no doubt continue to push to legitimize CD and axl's solo years… these should not be the shows to do so.  imho.    

Edited by Sunset Gardner

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just because LA is such a major market is my guess.

Last year there were two shows in L.A. and those shows were announced on their official site just like all the others. Why now things are different than last year? I don't rule out the possibility. But it would odd if they announce a show in L.A. in a radio. Unless a band memeber is there as well to do an interview

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

Last year there were two shows in L.A. and those shows were announced on their official site just like all the others. Why now things are different than last year? I don't rule out the possibility. But it would odd if they announce a show in L.A. in a radio. Unless a band memeber is there as well to do an interview

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be wrong on this. I'm just going by the last 20 years or so as reference :lol:

with that video posted with Slash i'm guessing new single or album hope i'm right that would be AWESOME for GNR fans???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SEANAXL21 said:

with that video posted with Slash i'm guessing new single or album hope i'm right that would be AWESOME for GNR fans???

What video?

16 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yes, thanks so much Fede! you're the dude :D

Yess,i missed Fede?

9 minutes ago, Derick said:

What video?

on his Facebook page he was in the recording studio could of sworn i heard Axl's voice ???

Edited by SEANAXL21
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Does any member here truly feel there will be an AFD 5 reunion? 

No?

• Like 2

Yawn. Unless they release a new album, bring back Izzy and Steven, or change up the setlist than i'll save my $800. Dodgers Stadium last summer was epic but i don't want to watch a repeat.

22 minutes ago, SEANAXL21 said:

on his Facebook page he was in the recording studio could of sworn i heard Axl's voice ???

that was a rehearsal studio

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think we all teared up when Steven came out that night.

tenor.gif

?????

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think we all teared up when Steven came out that night.

tenor.gif

ha… yeah… very special moment.  i loved how slash and duff engaged him before he left the stage, and i loved how he played so fucking well.  he was perfect, shutting up anyone who may have doubted who the drummer of this band is.  

• Like 2

Just now, janrichmond said:

i think it will be the new single. Seriously, that's my guess.

see… you say things like this… and then i get excited.  i hope you're right.  it would make sense, there's seems to be a great energy amongst the three band members and their backing band, it would be amazing to see that channeled into something new.  if you're right… i hope it's not some 2001 axl employee demo that slash slapped a solo on.  i hope they got in a room face to face and wrote something new. 

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I hope so, that would be awesome especially as an album would likely follow at some point.

Not going to hold my breath though :lol:

• Like 1

I'm sure it'll just be LA dates in September, with maybe the addition of a special show for the 30th of Appetite in July or something.

A single announcement wouldn't come through a local radio station. It would be announced through the band's official outlets or a bigger press outlet like billboard or rolling stone.

Either way, any GN'RxLA news is cool by me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I'd actually prefer that to a one off AFD reunion show. But I doubt either will happen.

Could this announcement be related to unreleased material? Something from the vault available for the first time to commemorate their 30th?

3 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Could this announcement be related to unreleased material? Something from the vault available for the first time to commemorate their 30th?

Personally I think there's only a 5-10% chance of that.

New music will be announced by themselves I think.

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

It would be awesome but at the same time quite impossible.