Chris Cornell Dead at 52

GNR 1991

Wtf. He was one of my favorite vocalists. I loved audioslave. Sound garden was one of my favorite grunge bands too.

ik he used to have drinking problems but he seemed to have turned his life around and really improved his health. I was really hoping for an audioslave reunion.

• Like 1

Damn.. They are saying suicide in his hotel bathroom. His wife called someone to go check on him and they had to bust open the door. (this is all hearsay until an official release comes out)

Unreal. I just started heavily getting into Temple because of my new found love of PJ.

Currently spinning TotD.

RIP 

7 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I don't know, he has a gorgeous wife, two kids, an upcoming Soundgarden album, The Promise movie, why did he commit suicide? It doesn't make sense.

Sometimes the richest people who seem to have the perfect lives are the ones who are the lonliest. A beautiful wife and millions on your bank doesnt make you a happy person.

But this is just speculation here.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 3

I just can't believe any of this is happening. :(

It's possible he and his wife were having trouble. Why would she be staying in another hotel room otherwise? Or maybe he has struggled with depression for awhile and we just didn't know it.

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I just can't believe any of this is happening. :(

It's possible he and his wife were having trouble. Why would she be staying in another hotel room otherwise? Or maybe he has struggled with depression for awhile and we just didn't know it.

He talked about having depression in the past. 

This is from 2006

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chris-cornell-if-you-re-depressed-long-enough-it-s-almost-a-comfort/

According to MTV.com, AUDIOSLAVE's Chris Cornell offers advice in the October issue of Men's Health (on newsstands September 19), and says you don't have to feel down to be creative. "If you're depressed long enough, it's almost a comfort, a state of mind that you've made peace with because you've been in it so long," he says. "But I never felt like I had to be depressed or unhappy to write songs." The happy family man explains in the "Take It From Me" column that he isn't concerned that domestic bliss is hindering his songwriting. "Now with my wife and my babies, I don't slip into that type of depression anymore. And I'm having the best time I've ever had in terms of creativity."

Edited by xBrownstonex

Damn just yesterday I listened to a couple of songs from his first solo album. Posted Can't Change Me in the what are you listening thread, it's an absolute wonderful song.

This one hurts. I've listened to a ton of Chris and Soundgarden and Audioslave over the years. Love his voice. He had a serious set of pipes on him. Damn shame.

14 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Sometimes the richest people who seem to have the perfect lives are the ones who are the lonliest. A beautiful wife and millions on your bank doesnt make you a happy person.

But this is just speculation here.

Not really surprised if it was suicide. He's battled depression and was young and as far as we know healthy. Look at Kurt Cobain. He had all that and he killed himself. It happens all the time and the only person that ever knows the true motives is the one who commits suicide. Still, the guy had a hit solo song 2 years ago, he did a one off show with audioslave a few months back, and sound garden is back together and touring. He seemed to be having a comeback of sorts.