10/11/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

I've just caught up with it I thought it was sweet I love her face when she comes out coz she's do thrilled to sing with Axl ,I've no idea what everyone problem is to me it sounded fine maybe if some people find every little thing wrong with this tour and this band should move on to a different band then we can all enjoy a band we've supported through thick and thin 💕

5 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

God it's so good to see people who also get sick of the whining and bitching and bitching and bitching and bitching and more whining and some more bitching. 

I've had 3 warning points in the last couple days for calling the whiney, bitchy trolls out for what they are. Why are they allowed to hijack and derail every single showthread just to say them same things over and over about the setlist? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fuck, that sounds brilliant. I'm not ashamed to admit that Madagascar is one of my favourite ChiDem songs, and i'm glad to hear them playing it again.

Absolutely fucking beautiful. He sounds awesome rasping the verses and I actually like the mix of clean and raspy, ads some vulnerability on the right lines. I'd maybe prefer it to 2010 if he had a bit more power on the high parts. Maybe next tour. 

5 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Best moment of the night to be honest ! They've gone from great last year to fully on auto-pilot at the minute...

I can see them being a bit physically and mentally burned out and therefore not giving the same performance as last year but I don't think it's fair to say that Axl isn't giving the best he can. Compared to a huge bulk of 2011-2014 when he literally wore the hat, glasses, jackets, lousy jewellery and thick jackets for the entire show and didn't interact at all with the crowd....he is actually making constant eye contact and performing the lyrics of songs like Coma and Madagascar to the audience. You know what I mean? He's feeling the song and communicating that as opposed to just going though the motions/being on auto-pilot. Maybe he is for some songs but from all the vids I watched the past two shows he isn't.

Plus, although his voice is clearly tired, he's giving everything on stuff like the Better bridge. 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 3

One thing that I’ve noticed is Axl has been interacting with the crowd so much more recently than he has with the bulk or the tour. When I saw them a year ago, Axl barely said a word to the crowd lol. Always good to hear Axl talk though. 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

One thing that I’ve noticed is Axl has been interacting with the crowd so much more recently than he has with the bulk or the tour. When I saw them a year ago, Axl barely said a word to the crowd lol. Always good to hear Axl talk though. 

Totally. He hasn't been this engaged with the crowd and actually performing (as opposed to singing and doing whatever accompanying movement/dance comes to mind) since 2010. I like to assume he's really happy and comfortable after 18 months of everything going so well with Slash and Duff, showing up early, a lot of great press and virtually no negative press. Must be pretty cathartic. 

• Like 1

I don't know what's the big problem with having Pink guesting. I'm not a fan but it's not like she can't sing and ruined half of the songs or anything. Actually, I think it's kinda lame to have a guest for such a short amount of time but I assume it must have been her who decided to join only for the last part of the song.

I guess the sad thing is that Pink's presence was the only novelty on this show but honestly, after the Philadephia show I rather get no more "surprises" at all.

The band sounded alright the brief moments I got hear on periscope.

Yaknow, having played 7 out of 12 Chinese songs live to date and rehearsed at least one more (Prostitute) I feel like it's really time for Axl to give Slither a go.  I mean, they've all compromised in different ways to make this reunion work but as a hardcore Chinese fan I feel Slash and Duff have gone beyond the call of duty now with playing the "new" stuff. 

I wonder why Slither disappeared from the alts. Maybe Slash and Duff put it in without asking Axl or he just changed his mind. He could still be pissed about the "wig wearin' fuck" comments :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was at the show last night. What a great night! Guns was tight. All was really good. I'm starting to wonder if the current political climate is the reason why Madagascar was brought back since it does have the  "I Have a Dream" speech. 

I do think the Witcha cover tune needs to go. For me, it kinda brought the atmosphere down a notch. I would like to see Free Ballin or a GNR tune instead.

Patience was good. I really liked how Pink came out and did the outdo. It seemed as spur of the moment and it was something different.

The only thing negative was as usual NJ Transit. It's the second largest transportation system and they don't have an hourly or half hour schedule from NJ to NYC and vice versa.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow... such drama bitches in this forum. Its like 2008!!!

It seems it was a good show! I think they should give many variations to the setlist, I'd like more "surprises" like when they first played Coma or Estranged in 2011.

Wouldnt it be great if they put something like... right next door, so fine, since I dont have you (i know. Its a cover, but come on!!!), dust, dead horse, prostitute.

Bring one of these per show and we're all gonna be happy.

I'd seriously like something like IRS, SOD but I dony know how Axl's voice is. Since I dint have you, so fine would work better.

1 hour ago, Cruel Intentions said:

The show was absolutely phenomenal, blew last year at Met Life completely out of the water. I was skeptical given how on and off Axl's voice is lately, but holy shit was he on last night. They all were. Axl, in particular, seemed to be way more interactive with the crowd and looked like he was genuinely having fun. He even came out during the encore and said Duff just told a funny joke backstage he wanted to share with us in the spirit of Halloween: every time you yawn, a ghost sticks his dick in your mouth. LOL

My only complaint is the CD songs. The fans just are not feeling them. TIL noticeably brought the vibe down big time and, despite me being psyched for Madagascar, few people really got into it. 

I had to leave halfway through Patience because I had work in the morning and after the 11:06 train, there was no train back to Jersey until 1:22 a.m. NJ Transit is the worst. Overall, this was by far the best and most fun GNR show I've ever been to. If you have any doubts about seeing them on this tour because of what you're seeing and hearing in YouTube videos, don't. It was an awesome show in an awesome environment. I'd go back again to see them tonight if I didn't have to work late. 

It's interesting with the CD stuff. I'll take your word that they really kill the mood across the whole place and you're certainly not the first to say it. 

It shows you what a different audience this is from especially the 2006-10 shows because I went to a whole bunch and whilst obviously the CD stuff didn't get the pop e.g. Sweet Child would they were only piss breaks for a relatively small chunk of the audience and you can hear on the 2010 bootlegs from everywhere the pop TIL would get after the first chorus and at the end. The super raspy, mega impressive vocals helped but still. That era's audience were people who'd bought Chinese and were seeing their 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc New Guns show. 

I'm guessing there are a vast majority of people at the current shows who haven't even heard the record or maybe gave up after a few goes.

9 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

It's interesting with the CD stuff. I'll take your word that they really kill the mood across the whole place and you're certainly not the first to say it. 

It shows you what a different audience this is from especially the 2006-10 shows because I went to a whole bunch and whilst obviously the CD stuff didn't get the pop e.g. Sweet Child would they were only piss breaks for a relatively small chunk of the audience and you can hear on the 2010 bootlegs from everywhere the pop TIL would get after the first chorus and at the end. The super raspy, mega impressive vocals helped but still. That era's audience were people who'd bought Chinese and were seeing their 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc New Guns show. 

I'm guessing there are a vast majority of people at the current shows who haven't even heard the record or maybe gave up after a few goes.

That's definitely the case. And to be fair, this IS marketed as a reunion tour, which is going to bring in a larger group of older fans who haven't listened to the band since '92. So, when you have a reunion tour and the band is playing songs that two-thirds of them had nothing to do with, it's hard for people to find a reason to care who haven't followed the band since the split. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I was at the show last night. What a great night! Guns was tight. All was really good. I'm starting to wonder if the current political climate is the reason why Madagascar was brought back since it does have the  "I Have a Dream" speech. 

I do think the Witcha cover tune needs to go. For me, it kinda brought the atmosphere down a notch. I would like to see Free Ballin or a GNR tune instead.

Patience was good. I really liked how Pink came out and did the outdo. It seemed as spur of the moment and it was something different.

The only thing negative was as usual NJ Transit. It's the second largest transportation system and they don't have an hourly or half hour schedule from NJ to NYC and vice versa.  

Agreed completely. I totally forgot about the Lineman cover. THAT brought the crowd down way more than TIL or any other CD song. And yes, fuck NJ Transit. What a total disaster that they didn't have more trains going out of the City knowing there was a huge concert going on.