10/11/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

Great show.  Black Hole Sun was much better than I thought it would be, especially after watching a ton of youtube.  They sounded pretty good on it, and more importantly the crowd was into it as well which is why it's likely stayed on the setlist.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Sounded pretty great to me. Lots of rasp on the lower parts. 

Yep, agree.  After the awfulness of the last show, I'm relieved that this is a much better sounding Mads, better vocals from Axl (despite occasional warbling), even Slash looks fairly into it.  I still think the samples aren't as effective live, but overall, pretty good performance. 

7 hours ago, Politania said:

I'm tired of it either. No matter what guys are doing or not, everything is bad :(

Honestly, a lot Guns N' Roses fans are just so.... miserable lol.  Like I have started coming on here less and less because of how ridiculous a lot of the complaints can be.  I am at that point where I just take things as they are, and if I am so bothered by what a band is doing, I go find another band to dedicate positive energy towards, I dont nonstop complain about things I cannot change

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Honestly, a lot Guns N' Roses fans are just so.... miserable lol.  Like I have started coming on here less and less because of how ridiculous a lot of the complaints can be.  I am at that point where I just take things as they are, and if I am so bothered by what a band is doing, I go find another band to dedicate positive energy towards, I dont nonstop complain about things I cannot change

I've got absolutely no problem with people complaining.  And no, I'm not complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining. :lol:  Just, you know...why shouldn't people be allowed to vent?  Same as people should be allowed to pile on the praise whenever they want.  GNR does that to people; it brings out a rollercoaster of emotions.  The only time I've felt the moaning and bitching went overboard was RIR, but that's about it.  

People should be allowed to say what they feel, within reason and without being aggressive about it, of course.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yep, agree.  After the awfulness of the last show, I'm relieved that this is a much better sounding Mads, better vocals from Axl (despite occasional warbling), even Slash looks fairly into it.  I still think the samples aren't as effective live, but overall, pretty good performance. 

It's weird, the four times I saw/heard Madagascar for myself, each time it really didn't go over very well in a live setting. I know CD songs don't go over well sometimes but stuff like Shacklers and IRS did ok, which I just found a bit odd because Madagascar is such a better song. Maybe it's just one of them that's better off being a song you listen to at home with your headphones on? 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's weird, the four times I saw/heard Madagascar for myself, each time it really didn't go over very well in a live setting. I know CD songs don't go over well sometimes but stuff like Shacklers and IRS did ok, which I just found a bit odd because Madagascar is such a better song. Maybe it's just one of them that's better off being a song you listen to at home with your headphones on? 

Yeah, Shacklers and IRS are better than Mads live because they rock harder and they're up-tempo.  They are also just plain awesome songs.  Mads is your contemplative, mood music.  The vocal samples don't even work all that well on the album, never mind in a live setting (really out of place in the gig if you ask me).  Not sure Axl could handle the vocals on IRS but it is a bit odd that Axl has chosen it over Shacklers.  The set could do with a hard rock number.

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, Shacklers and IRS are better than Mads live because they rock harder and they're up-tempo.  They are also just plain awesome songs.  Mads is your contemplative, mood music.  The vocal samples don't even work all that well on the album, never mind in a live setting (really out of place in the gig if you ask me).  Not sure Axl could handle the vocals on IRS but it is a bit odd that Axl has chosen it over Shacklers.  The set could do with a hard rock number.

Shacklers can be a real mess live, in every way :lol:

Well RIR was close to a disaster(again)

But watching these videos from Jim Powers:drool:. Axl sounds strong and in a great mood. Best BHS i have heard. Well, people around here should just enjoy the big 3 together again. Yes I miss Steven and Izzy too. But soon the tour will be over and we don't know what will happen.

So just enjoy the last few shows guys n girls. 😎

Edited by TheDemocracyRose

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

All I can say to the people thinking this board is full of haters/complainers is "If you think this place is bad nowadays..." :lol:

I've said this over and over, but I'll say it again: We work very hard to allow an environment for all opinions. Whether you love or hate any specific era of GN'R, you're allowed to express that opinion here. As long as you can do it without insulting other users, more power to ya.

There's a couple of things to keep in mind about the perception that we have more haters & complainers than we have positive users though-

1) Many of the "haters & complainers" are genuine, die hard GN'R fans who are just upset about what's happening currently (whatever that may be). They usual hope for the absolute best for GN'R but when it doesn't live up to expectation, they're vocal about it.

2) As referenced above, people tend to be more vocal when they have something negative to say. It's just part of human nature, and it happens everywhere in real life as well as the internet, including here of course.

3) Sometimes there's only so much "positive" to say. I just don't see many people logging in each day just to say "Yet another great version of Jungle! Hooray!" A lot of the more positive posters stop by show threads, check the setlist and watch videos if anything out of the norm happens. 

4) While many users like to paint the haters/complainers are trying to start trouble, often times it's the opposite. I've been on GN'R boards for about 15 years now and I can tell you from experience that I've seen far more "positive posters" try to get their point across by insulting other users than I have so-called "negative users" who are just posting their opinions.

5) ....this is probably the most important one... Opinions change constantly in the GN'R community. Robin Finck is my favorite guitarist who's ever been in GN'R. I used to get my head absolutely caved in for that while he was in the band. Then all of a sudden, a few years later people were referring to that era as "the good ol' days" and longing for Robin to come back. Same goes for the 2010 tour; everyone praises it now because of Axl's vocals but while it was going on the threads were filled with people bitching up a storm about the setlist and everything else. There again, that tour is now seen as a high water mark and many of people who dogged it find themselves seeing it different. 

In short, I assure you that this board is in no way filled with haters & complainers. It's filled with GN'R fans of all eras. Each one with their own opinions, styles they love, things they like and things they don't like. All of that equates to a big boiling pot that's very hard for us to manage, but we do our best.

QFT

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

All I can say to the people thinking this board is full of haters/complainers is "If you think this place is bad nowadays..." :lol:

I've said this over and over, but I'll say it again: We work very hard to allow an environment for all opinions. Whether you love or hate any specific era of GN'R, you're allowed to express that opinion here. As long as you can do it without insulting other users, more power to ya.

There's a couple of things to keep in mind about the perception that we have more haters & complainers than we have positive users though-

1) Many of the "haters & complainers" are genuine, die hard GN'R fans who are just upset about what's happening currently (whatever that may be). They usual hope for the absolute best for GN'R but when it doesn't live up to expectation, they're vocal about it.

2) As referenced above, people tend to be more vocal when they have something negative to say. It's just part of human nature, and it happens everywhere in real life as well as the internet, including here of course.

3) Sometimes there's only so much "positive" to say. I just don't see many people logging in each day just to say "Yet another great version of Jungle! Hooray!" A lot of the more positive posters stop by show threads, check the setlist and watch videos if anything out of the norm happens. 

4) While many users like to paint the haters/complainers are trying to start trouble, often times it's the opposite. I've been on GN'R boards for about 15 years now and I can tell you from experience that I've seen far more "positive posters" try to get their point across by insulting other users than I have so-called "negative users" who are just posting their opinions.

5) ....this is probably the most important one... Opinions change constantly in the GN'R community. Robin Finck is my favorite guitarist who's ever been in GN'R. I used to get my head absolutely caved in for that while he was in the band. Then all of a sudden, a few years later people were referring to that era as "the good ol' days" and longing for Robin to come back. Same goes for the 2010 tour; everyone praises it now because of Axl's vocals but while it was going on the threads were filled with people bitching up a storm about the setlist and everything else. There again, that tour is now seen as a high water mark and many of people who dogged it find themselves seeing it different. 

In short, I assure you that this board is in no way filled with haters & complainers. It's filled with GN'R fans of all eras. Each one with their own opinions, styles they love, things they like and things they don't like. All of that equates to a big boiling pot that's very hard for us to manage, but we do our best.

Stop being a hater Russ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just watched the video with PINK.. I am not a fan of her and think she is the farthest thing from hot or even pretty but it was ok... Would have rather of heard Axl but it was a one time thing (hopefully) and it seemed pretty genuine.. She and Axl both seemed to have enjoyed it.. Fuck it

As for all the people taking such a strong stand to approve of this though.. I bet a lot were the same Axlites that bashed the shit out of Slash for performing with Fergie a few times.

• Like 2