10/11/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I've got absolutely no problem with people complaining.  And no, I'm not complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining. :lol:  Just, you know...why shouldn't people be allowed to vent?  Same as people should be allowed to pile on the praise whenever they want.  GNR does that to people; it brings out a rollercoaster of emotions.  The only time I've felt the moaning and bitching went overboard was RIR, but that's about it.  

People should be allowed to say what they feel, within reason and without being aggressive about it, of course.

I am not saying people shouldn't be allowed to vent!  However.... I am just saying a lot of people who complain a ton in every thread seem completely silly and ridiculous to me, that's all :P

Edited by WhazUp

Listen i’ve Been to almost 90% of NY shows since 2002 and I have to say this was the worst show by far. 

First and I know I sound like an asshole to say this but they went on at like 8pm. I feel like their edge(axl in particular)is gone. I like the unexpected and unknown that used to surround them.

They sound good. Not ever an issue for me. I don’t trust videos online bc I’ve watched shows I’ve been at where he sounded amazing and on the videos he sounded terrible. The band sounds fine.

It’s the terrible setlist that kills the show and bores me. The endless solos and terrible covers(black hole sun is god awful) They could cut the show an hour, keep it very high energy songs and come in and out like a tornado. 

Though I was psyched Madagascar was played! Anyway, just my opinion from a guy who’s seen them PLENTY.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soon said:

When I first read the word Pink the first thing that I thought was that they'd covered the Aerosmith song of the same name.  I would not have liked that one bit!  Plus it made me worried Typer or Perry kicked the can.  So was relieved.

Pink is a great singer and it should be said that she could easily have belted it out Axl style - more in keeping with what we're used to over the years.  I like that she adapted to the vibe of how they play it on this tour.  Maybe even to not blow Axl out of the water?  But not necessarily, I think she was just locked into the vibe.  For reasons like that I enjoy her as an artist.  If I were to go to a pop concert it'd be her.

When they sadly do "kick the can", we won't be covering Pink ! ;)
I think it'll be stuff from the 70s catalogue...

15 minutes ago, Kira said:

Pink is awesome, great voice and I knew she was a fan.  The version could have been better, if they had practiced, but it was still a great moment.  The more Axl does things like this, the better.

I read many comments on social media mocked she for hairstyle is same of Justin Beiber😀

Hey everyone. I’m headed to the show on Monday. I’m staying in Newark at the airport and this is my first show at MSG (ever). How late do the trains run to Newark? Anyone have any advice for best route to and from the show? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

12 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I've had 3 warning points in the last couple days for calling the whiney, bitchy trolls out for what they are. Why are they allowed to hijack and derail every single showthread just to say them same things over and over about the setlist? 

We're all actually lucky they add more songs as the tour goes to an end. Yet the setlist is still an issue to many. :lol:

23 hours ago, ironmt said:

Hey RONIN I am really nothing In the over all grand scheme of things. Just an Idiot who has spent 30 years being a fan and spending money on a band that just doesn't care and I apologize to all of those that I argued with defending them. I am also an enormous Tom Petty fan and the fact that they didn't honor him Is an absolute Insult IMO. The Tom Petty situation was the start and Pink was the finish. 

Why are they obligated to honor all dead musicians?  Maybe Petty wasn’t as personally meaningful to them as someone like Chris Cornell.

How is it an absolute insult?  It’s not the “in memory of...” memorial tour.

2 hours ago, Gibbo said:

sharp mic moves at 0:32

axl n slash pretty great on EASY. love slash's very alternate solo -- even though i am no fan of the million-notes style.

its just a complete shame that rhythm section has zero edge so slashs solo gets lost in this safe-clean-sanitized version

if only izzy n steven were there

===

fuck just halfway brownstone and axl goes clean high voice

brownstone speedy tempo is just awful

WTF

Edited by ludurigan

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

All I can say to the people thinking this board is full of haters/complainers is "If you think this place is bad nowadays..." :lol:

I've said this over and over, but I'll say it again: We work very hard to allow an environment for all opinions. Whether you love or hate any specific era of GN'R, you're allowed to express that opinion here. As long as you can do it without insulting other users, more power to ya.

There's a couple of things to keep in mind about the perception that we have more haters & complainers than we have positive users though-

1) Many of the "haters & complainers" are genuine, die hard GN'R fans who are just upset about what's happening currently (whatever that may be). They usual hope for the absolute best for GN'R but when it doesn't live up to expectation, they're vocal about it.

2) As referenced above, people tend to be more vocal when they have something negative to say. It's just part of human nature, and it happens everywhere in real life as well as the internet, including here of course.

3) Sometimes there's only so much "positive" to say. I just don't see many people logging in each day just to say "Yet another great version of Jungle! Hooray!" A lot of the more positive posters stop by show threads, check the setlist and watch videos if anything out of the norm happens. 

4) While many users like to paint the haters/complainers are trying to start trouble, often times it's the opposite. I've been on GN'R boards for about 15 years now and I can tell you from experience that I've seen far more "positive posters" try to get their point across by insulting other users than I have so-called "negative users" who are just posting their opinions.

5) ....this is probably the most important one... Opinions change constantly in the GN'R community. Robin Finck is my favorite guitarist who's ever been in GN'R. I used to get my head absolutely caved in for that while he was in the band. Then all of a sudden, a few years later people were referring to that era as "the good ol' days" and longing for Robin to come back. Same goes for the 2010 tour; everyone praises it now because of Axl's vocals but while it was going on the threads were filled with people bitching up a storm about the setlist and everything else. There again, that tour is now seen as a high water mark and many of people who dogged it find themselves seeing it different. 

In short, I assure you that this board is in no way filled with haters & complainers. It's filled with GN'R fans of all eras. Each one with their own opinions, styles they love, things they like and things they don't like. All of that equates to a big boiling pot that's very hard for us to manage, but we do our best.

great post, great job on this forum, long live mygnrforum n hope GNR can live again sometime

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I am not saying people shouldn't be allowed to vent!  However.... I am just saying a lot of people who complain a ton in every thread seem completely silly and ridiculous to me, that's all :P

Fair enough.  Well, GNR is more often than not a completely silly and ridiculous band. :lol: Still, we love them.