10/11/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

55 minutes ago, DaneisKing1389 said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Do you legit think they'll be on at 7:45? It makes sense, but I'm not used to seeing that as a starting time for Guns. Haha. I expected after 9p at least.

No sarcasm at all haha. 7:45 was based off the Philly show the other night. Maybe that won’t be exact, but they are playing 3 plus hour set with no opening band and have been prompt with getting on stage since the tour started last year. 

4 hours ago, ThermoNuclearWarrior said:

No sarcasm at all haha. 7:45 was based off the Philly show the other night. Maybe that won’t be exact, but they are playing 3 plus hour set with no opening band and have been prompt with getting on stage since the tour started last year. 

Axl want go bed early 😪😪

I have a pair on the floor - Floor C (Slash’s side) Row 12, Seats 7&8 - for tonight that I’m not going to be able to use.

$500 for the pair, can transfer direct through Ticketmaster or email the PDF.

Gone

Edited by Blackjacker
Tickets done got gone

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

How odd that there's just no openers for these shows and GN'R are going on at 7:30

I actually prefer this.  With a three hour plus show, the earlier they go on the better.  Have work in the morning.  :-)  MSG may have curfews too, so it's possible an opening act in these arenas may limit the GNR setlist.  

28 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s honestly a kick in the teeth with such high ticket prices 

Serious question (and not trying to flame), but why is it a kick in the teeth?

Assuming that folk paid such high ticket prices to see GnR, wouldn't an early start that allows them to play over three hours be seen as a bonus??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ave1024 said:

I actually prefer this.  With a three hour plus show, the earlier they go on the better.  Have work in the morning.  :-)  MSG may have curfews too, so it's possible an opening act in these arenas may limit the GNR setlist.  

THIS. I work in NYC, live in Jersey, and even with a show ending at ~11:15 I'm not home until 1am, then the alarm at 5.  Not as young as I like to think I am, and nights like that remind me of that all too well.

I had to move my tix for tonight and tomorrow courtesy of the flu, but still hanging on to Sun/Mon for now, and as much as I'm looking forward to the gigs I'm dreading Mon/Tue morning here at the office.

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

What are the odds they really go on at 730pm SHARP and not the 750pm approx. time that they did at Philly?  Coming in from Long Island and against rush hour trains suck at that time.  Earliest i can get to Penn is 722pm.  Figure 20 mins to get to the seat.  OK for a 750pm start.  Not OK for 730 sharp.

41 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s honestly a kick in the teeth with such high ticket prices 

Really?  People are bummed because there's no opener?  They've had so many shitty openers in the past. Papa Roach. Bullet For My Valentine, who I saw three times at Hammerstein, and hated them more and more each time. People just love to complain about EVERYTHING.

8 minutes ago, BKinNYC said:

Really?  People are bummed because there's no opener?  They've had so many shitty openers in the past. Papa Roach. Bullet For My Valentine, who I saw three times at Hammerstein, and hated them more and more each time. People just love to complain about EVERYTHING.

Problem is that they're charging the same prices as the stadium tour. So if you're in the pit, the ticket that got you Chris Stapleton or the Struts or Alice in Chains now gets you nothing additional. It's a valid criticism if GnR doesn't change/add their set.

24 minutes ago, ave1024 said:

Totally agree. If they had really great openers that’s one thing but otherwise I paid for GNR not the opener and am happy to not have one and get home earlier. 

1 hour ago, GnRMisterE said:

Serious question (and not trying to flame), but why is it a kick in the teeth?

Assuming that folk paid such high ticket prices to see GnR, wouldn't an early start that allows them to play over three hours be seen as a bonus??

The stadium shows were often 3.5+ hours yet they still had openers. I’m glad that they play such long shows but the ticket prices are incredulously high which is to be expected on a reunion cash grab tour.

53 minutes ago, BKinNYC said:

If you’ve seen my other posts you’d know I’m generally pretty fair and reasonable with my opinions, I really don’t enjoy complaining about anything but if I see something that I think deserves criticism I’m going to point it out. Everyone is allowed their own opinion.

If the prices are the same that the stadiums them actually they aren't that expensive. Stadium attendance is something around 50/60K and an arena attendance is 20K..Besides that watching a gig in an arena is waaayyy better tham watching in a stadium. Stadium gigs are good to the promo pics/vids and musicians ego...For us, the smaller the better,IMO!