10/22/17 - Boston, MA - TD Garden

gunsguy

2 hours ago, Derick said:

I think so.. in meanwhile maybe you should try to build a time machine to travel back 3 decades and perhaps get what pleases you...good luck w that ;)

Actually i would much rather to have my favourite band doing NEW music, but that is very unlikely to happen. You know why? Because three guys from that band are waaaay too busy selling tickets to ZILLIONS of people who are paying hundreds of dollars to watch a sad parody of what used to be the best band 3 decades ago... Guess I got unlucky, huh?

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

"Being hot is just an attitude"...right? :lol:

I know, I know right? When I say he looks horrible I kind of mean that in the most flattering way possible, if that makes sense.

He is 55 years old which is out of his control, He has to perform  on stage in a physically draining way  sometimes back to back nights which is the  nature of the beast.

BUT, he could try a little less to look half his age for starters. The aging rock star look, with all of the oversize jewelry and costume clothing just never works. David Bowie comes to mind when I think of aging gracefully and still performing at a top level. Lose all the "I look like a 20 something rock star" clothes, hats, bandanas, hanging scarfs, etc. and just perform, voice tight, lyrics precise , have fun and it might go a long way, with me anyway. It just looks like he is trying to hide something to me, and that something is his age.

• Like 1

@Derick

Cheers, man! That's the weakest Madagascar vocal i've heard on this tour so far by a long way. But then he's clearly going and spitting into a bucket at the back so I reckon he's got a sore throat going on.

Slash always duckwalks into the last part after the solo. I'd never have thought he'd be even remotely into it to do that but I also don't think he's faking it. Pretty cool. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 5:13 PM, Lerch said:

I had a great time worth my time and money all day. I took it all in, I haven't seen them since 88,91,93... For me it was a little closure, for a couple shows that got cancelled/rescheduled on me.  Not in this lifetime became Last chance in my lifetime. Why the hell is the weather always weird after a GnR show? Blizzards, Fog, Rain? 

I was probably right along with you.. I had a show canceled I believe in providence.. Then one in Amherst that was postponed when Gilby canceled then later cancelled due to a blizzard. And the Blizzard during the Worcester 91 show... Also had the Foxboro Metallica show postponed too. Different times for sure.

I had a great time as well. If it was my first time seeing them since the reunion it would have been better.. For me they shows are just trending in the wrong direction. If it was my first show since the reunion, hell yeah it would be worth the money but I don't know if this one was for me.. In no way am I saying it was a bad time or bad show just not as good as the previous for reasons I stated in my review. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

@Derick

Cheers, man! That's the weakest Madagascar vocal i've heard on this tour so far by a long way. But then he's clearly going and spitting into a bucket at the back so I reckon he's got a sore throat going on.

Slash always duckwalks into the last part after the solo. I'd never have thought he'd be even remotely into it to do that but I also don't think he's faking it. Pretty cool. 

His vocals definitely weren't as good as the clips I saw fro the MSG shows.. I just sing along and don't let it bother me but I 100% can tell when I am there.. I was rocking out and probably jamming out too hard to Slash to notice him spitting in a bucket. It is pretty amazing that no shows have been postponed or cancelled. There definitely has to be nights he is going out there while not feeling well. 

58 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

His vocals definitely weren't as good as the clips I saw fro the MSG shows.. I just sing along and don't let it bother me but I 100% can tell when I am there.. I was rocking out and probably jamming out too hard to Slash to notice him spitting in a bucket. It is pretty amazing that no shows have been postponed or cancelled. There definitely has to be nights he is going out there while not feeling well. 

Previous tours, particularly 06-10 had plenty of partying and drinking stories and photos. This time really not at all. There's more at stake now and probably specific financial clauses weighted not in his favour should he cancel so maybe he's looking after himself. 

• alfierose unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, smoke said:

They started out strong but fell apart vocally at Better, and he never recovered. I just couldn't stick around through the jams and covers that were about to begin in the second half. Band was great, but (again my fault for watching so many live vids over the past two years) the whole thing just seemed choreographed and mailed in. 

You weren't there.  The band, axl and the crowd loved it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 3:17 AM, mikeb said:

You weren't there.  The band, axl and the crowd loved it.

That's weird, I could have sworn I was there. But now you've got me wondering. I'll have to check in with my daughter and get back to you. Glad you finally got caught up with old threads though!

On 12/6/2017 at 12:34 PM, smoke said:

That's weird, I could have sworn I was there. But now you've got me wondering. I'll have to check in with my daughter and get back to you. Glad you finally got caught up with old threads though!

I was there as well. Axl was not that good.. The Encore was destroyed by having 2 CD songs in it.