10/26/17 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

gunsguy

7 hours ago, RONIN said:

Very good point. It's stuff like this which makes for a legitimate gripe about the live shows. Simple things that could be improved that won't be due to ego/baggage. I really like Prostitute, but undoubtedly more people in the audience would rather hear Slither. If the contention is that Slither is not a GnR song, then why not actually play a song meant for GnR like Fall to Pieces which Axl has a connection to. 

Say what you will about "This I Love" but that song has a real connection to the old band - they all probably demo'ed that one back in the 90's. It makes sense why that one would be on the setlist. 

It appears like Duff and Slash are making an awful lot of compromises while Axl is making few (Coma being on the setlist).

Agreed. Also, how about playing, you know, actual Guns N' Roses songs, there are plenty of the them too.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

IMHO, Madagascar sounds better overall than Prostitute, but also i think I preferred it on the album anyway so...

Good to see Slash getting right into Madagascar though...

Also, interesting to note that Axl doesn't require a single glance at ye olde teleprompters for either Chinese Democracy track mentioned! ;-D

He listens to it regularly....He has copy in ever room of his mansion, courtesy of "Best Buy"

Edited by colonizedmind

• 2 months later...

I have never seen any pics of a Cleveland-specific t-shirt.

The lithograph had the image of the guy driving the boat down the river of fire.  Apparently the printing on the litho is really dark and shitty.  It must not be desirable, cause there's a few on ebay pretty cheap.  I wanted one myself cause I'm from Cleveland, but seeing how shitty it came out, it doesn't look like it's worth the money.

So my question is...do shirts with that image exist?  Were they sold at the show?

The only ones I've ever seen on ebay are fakes from Indonesia.

Anyone who went to the show get a good look at all the merch?  I haven't seen a single OFFICIAL Cleveland shirt online.

12 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I have never seen any pics of a Cleveland-specific t-shirt.

The lithograph had the image of the guy driving the boat down the river of fire.  Apparently the printing on the litho is really dark and shitty.  It must not be desirable, cause there's a few on ebay pretty cheap.  I wanted one myself cause I'm from Cleveland, but seeing how shitty it came out, it doesn't look like it's worth the money.

So my question is...do shirts with that image exist?  Were they sold at the show?

The only ones I've ever seen on ebay are fakes from Indonesia.

Anyone who went to the show get a good look at all the merch?  I haven't seen a single OFFICIAL Cleveland shirt online.

As to your Cleveland shirt question specifically I do not know if one existed. However I have noticed that show specific litho Artwork shirts seemed to be the least popular of the shirts at the shows I went to in Europe. Most people bought the more generic bullet/afd style logo shirts with the dates on the back. Some of the europe show shirts are also impossible to find litho shirts for, altho i have seen quite a few US show shirts. Don't like the whole US '17 print on the back, tiny logo on the front style though.

Weird to hear that cause I thought part of the fun of merch is everyone showing their civic pride and wanting to have their own city's name plastered on official merch.  And especially when they went to the trouble of creating city specific artwork for each show.

At the show I went to in Tokyo, all the stuff with the word "Tokyo" on it went fastest.  The litho shirts sold out quickest, and then the generic logo shirts with "Tokyo" printed on the bottom, and the last stuff left was just the more "stock" GNR/NITL stuff. 

Of course, Japanese people are absolutely mental when it comes to buying merch.  You should have seen the lines all wrapped around.  It was worse than Disneyland.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2018 at 3:06 AM, estrangedtwat said:

Weird to hear that cause I thought part of the fun of merch is everyone showing their civic pride and wanting to have their own city's name plastered on official merch.  And especially when they went to the trouble of creating city specific artwork for each show.

At the show I went to in Tokyo, all the stuff with the word "Tokyo" on it went fastest.  The litho shirts sold out quickest, and then the generic logo shirts with "Tokyo" printed on the bottom, and the last stuff left was just the more "stock" GNR/NITL stuff. 

Of course, Japanese people are absolutely mental when it comes to buying merch.  You should have seen the lines all wrapped around.  It was worse than Disneyland.

I think most in europe werent bothered about the show specific stuff which is a shame. Think its part of the reason why the lithos are so hard to find. The Prague show I went to had 80 lithos for each, yet they were still there when i was leaving at the end of the show!

Japan seem to care about that stuff, and most of the USA seem to buy them to sell on and make money. Curious to see what Europe will be like in 2018, im gonna say similar to 2017 and lithos and shirts are gonna be rare again.

Good luck in finding a cleveland shirt, If not I guess you could get a litho if cheap enough, even though as you say the print isnt great.