10/29/17 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

gunsguy

15 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I know i'm repeating myself but just look how animated Slash is through the whole song, especially after the solo running onto the front monitors and then watching Frank after. I really think he really likes that song, amazingly.

Was beginning to think I was the only one who'd been noticing that.  I honestly am surprised at Slash's reaction to this song, especially as it's not one for showcasing his skills if you know what I mean.  He seems to genuinely get off on it. :lol:  It's a good sign.  Slash and Duff are obviously ok with playing these songs and they're just now starting to put their own stamp on them.  

Axl's reaction to Slash's Cleveland show Prostitue says it all - he's happy.  I'm wondering if they'll bring out TWAT again before the tour ends...I'm curious to see if Slash can improve on that.  I wasn't happy with his previous attempts but things might be different now...

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Was beginning to think I was the only one who'd been noticing that.  I honestly am surprised at Slash's reaction to this song, especially as it's not one for showcasing his skills if you know what I mean.  He seems to genuinely get off on it. :lol:  It's a good sign.  Slash and Duff are obviously ok with playing these songs and they're just now starting to put their own stamp on them.  

Axl's reaction to Slash's Cleveland show Prostitue says it all - he's happy.  I'm wondering if they'll bring out TWAT again before the tour ends...I'm curious to see if Slash can improve on that.  I wasn't happy with his previous attempts but things might be different now...

The way he bops his head and moves around the only explanation is he's liking what's coming through his ear monitors because, like you say, it's not what he's getting to play himself. It's cool. 

Hey, Axl once wanted to re-record Appetite with the CD band. Maybe he'll now re-record Chines with this band without all the clutter. 

Man, I really don't feel the same about Twat: I feel like Slash has done amazing every single time. I mean he plays Finck and Bucket's part's roughly 80% note-for-note. It's Axl who has sucked on it almost every time since Madrid '06. In fact, it's never been played so frequently as it has recently (likely because it's such a pig to sing) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Slash or Duff who have called an audible for it, rather than Axl. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

@Pskihq92 said TIL was Axl's weakest song of the night and @downzy says it was his best. Huh?!

I can see how this can occur.   I thought TIL was great with a couple minor cracks in axls voice.  Best I've seen him and the band do it during NITL tour.   However my wife who was in the seat directly beside me said it was not good at all (but she loved the show, just thought they should remove it from set).   

15 hours ago, downzy said:

Just got back from the show.  

Probably in my top five of GNR shows.

Axl sounded the best I've heard him since 2010.  Was a lot stronger and raspier than the two times I saw him in 2016 and in Buffalo this year.  Seemed like he was enjoying himself.  The rest of the band was on point. Didn't pick up any mistakes but wasn't really listening for them this time around.  

THEY PLAYED PROSTITUTE!!!  With that I've heard every song from Chinese Democracy performed live.  I think I might be the only person not employed by the band to make such a claim.  Great song live, enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Other highlight was My Michelle.  Axl sounded fantastic and it was great hearing it live as it's been awhile for me.  

He killed TIL, especially the chorus.  Definitely won the crowd over by the end of the song.

What a difference an earlier start time makes for a Toronto crowd.  This was the fourth time I've seen the band play the ACC here in Toronto (2002, 2006, 2010, 2017) and this was the most energetic crowd I had seen.  Everyone was really into it; a lot of dancing in the stands.  

Again, nothing to complain about this show.  Took my brother as his birthday present; he hadn't seen them since 2002.  He thought it was the best concert he can remember seeing.  

Now just got to find some way of convincing my eight and a half month pregnant wife to let me go tomorrow...  :takethat:

That is badass about seeing every Chinese Democracy song live. Just out of curiosity, where did you hear the "rarer" songs from the album?

-If the World
-There was a Time 
-Scraped 
-You mentioned Riad n the Bedouins in Detroit 
-I.R.S. 

I consider myself lucky to have heard "Silkworms," "Oh My God," and "Riad" in Vegas (01/01/01), but I would honestly trade those for a chance to hear some of the other songs you have seen! 

5 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Exactly! Axl knows how he has weak ankles and that he best be careful...especially on the stairs and in those dang boots! :P

Yes,young Axl could make wathever,but in this age you think more things and lost the spontaneous for to be afraid.👢😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The title of that video alone is pretty unbelievable LOL

The screaming bits into Slash solos are pretty good on Prost...he needs to nail down the verses better tho ! 
I like when he's going for it, stretching his vocal...it works with the idea of the lyric "The pain...."

Still want Slash to add a bit of a coda with Dizzy....and we have possibly the best song from C.D so far...

nice cheers for it most nights at the end tbh!

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

That’s just Axl knowing he won’t sing for a while and showing what he’s been holding back...asshole Rose

Ya, there's no way he's not capable of either STILL...he definitely singing in a style to protect a voice over a HUGE 2 yr tour...lots of singers do it..or use playback these days ! 
Just wait and hear him on the nxt DC tour / album !

• Like 2

22 hours ago, downzy said:

THEY PLAYED PROSTITUTE!!!  With that I've heard every song from Chinese Democracy performed live.  I think I might be the only person not employed by the band to make such a claim. 

I'm guessing you weren't totally serious here, but I would be shirking my duties as a huge GnR nerd if I didn't point out that they played Riad at Summer Sonic Tokyo in '02, and they played every other CD song at the Tokyo Dome in '09. I'm sure there were a fair number of fans at both shows.

3 hours ago, prez said:

I'm guessing you weren't totally serious here, but I would be shirking my duties as a huge GnR nerd if I didn't point out that they played Riad at Summer Sonic Tokyo in '02, and they played every other CD song at the Tokyo Dome in '09. I'm sure there were a fair number of fans at both shows.

You’re probably right, forgot about the monster set list from 2009 and the fact they played Rhiad in 2002.  Ive just never met or heard anyone in person or on the forums that has had the good fortunate to hear every song from CD performed live. Even Jarmo, who has traveled with the band since 2009, has yet to hear every song. 

But thanks for reminding me about the Tokyo shows. Guess I’m not that special :max:

10 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

That is badass about seeing every Chinese Democracy song live. Just out of curiosity, where did you hear the "rarer" songs from the album?

-If the World
-There was a Time 
-Scraped 
-You mentioned Riad n the Bedouins in Detroit 
-I.R.S. 

I consider myself lucky to have heard "Silkworms," "Oh My God," and "Riad" in Vegas (01/01/01), but I would honestly trade those for a chance to hear some of the other songs you have seen! 

Most of the songs were played during the 2010 Canadian tour. I heard TWAT played at the Hamilton show.  IRS was played at most of the 2006 shows I attended.  If the World was a staple in 2010 and Scraped it in most setlists during the 2010 Canadian tour. 

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Jordan Rose said:

The way he bops his head and moves around the only explanation is he's liking what's coming through his ear monitors because, like you say, it's not what he's getting to play himself. It's cool. 

Hey, Axl once wanted to re-record Appetite with the CD band. Maybe he'll now re-record Chines with this band without all the clutter. 

Man, I really don't feel the same about Twat: I feel like Slash has done amazing every single time. I mean he plays Finck and Bucket's part's roughly 80% note-for-note. It's Axl who has sucked on it almost every time since Madrid '06. In fact, it's never been played so frequently as it has recently (likely because it's such a pig to sing) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Slash or Duff who have called an audible for it, rather than Axl. 

Wouldn't that be a sight, 7th GN'R album would be CD with Slash and Duff... Maybe then he would actually write something for Better and TIL. On the other hand I wonder if Axl would then release the rerecorded AFD as well just for kicks. I certainly wouldn't mind.