11/10/17 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

gunsguy

8 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Alright guys here's my review!!

So first I just wanted to say that this woman a couple of seats down from me was shit-faced drunk. I mean, she was absolutely wild. Getting in everyone's faces, not aggressively, but she was annoying everyone around her. Wasn't even paying attention to the show. Also, these guys in the row in front of me in my section were giraffes so I had to stand on my tip toes a lot to see above them and curl my body a certain way to get a good view. :( Did it though, I don't care.

As far as the band goes, they killed it as usual. Some points Axl lost control of his voice, but it wasn't anything awful. ISE, MM, NR WTTJ, and the other usual suspects were great as usual. I love when he brings the rasp out. I appreciate how he really goes for it. Slash is a beast. It was pretty clear that many people in the audience were there to see him, point blank. Can't really say enough about Slash's ability. Duff of course was on point as always, the coolest motherf*cker of them all. It was cool to see Billy Gibbons come out during Patience, but to be honest I would've been cool with Axl just doing it solo. Axl is really, really animated on stage and I love that. He was jumping up and down, waving and smiling at people in the front, was just really cool to see him so into it. He said Houston Strong a few times, and every time that got the loudest cheers. As someone who had to experience this hurricane and knows people who were affected, it meant a lot to me that he brought that up when he didn't have too. I lost my shit when I got to hear Prostitute and Madagascar live for the first time. Unfortunately the people around me really didn't seem to know or care, so that was a shame. Overall a great experience! Even though it was hard to see a lot of the time. This is my favorite band and no matter how cynical I can be, that will always be true. 

Sorry if I jumped around a lot! I'm so tired lol and can't make things flow properly in sentence form  

Fun side note: Axl redeemed himself from The Piano Incident last year! November Rain went on without a hitch! :lol:

lol Usually every concert I go to there is at least one person who is so damn annoying. I went to see HIM and everyone around me was either talking actually yelling to each other or texting on their phones. Why do they bother to see a concert? Then we all had to stand and every once and a while I would get a jerk who would just come along and stand in front of me. God, sometimes I just want to push them out of the way! lol

I bet that woman didn't even remember the concert at all. What a waste!

Hopefully videos will show slash when the horns begin he holds both arms up bc the fans near him really got excited that they were gonna hear it. I was in section 106 not far from him. Tako mentioned on her Instagram the lack of videos showing axl and slash really enjoying themselves during the song chasing each other. It was my 3rd show of the nitl tour and if it’s an act they are doing a tremendous job of enjoying the stage together. I understand the money is great but, watching close up it looks sincere.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rusty69 said:

Hopefully videos will show slash when the horns begin he holds both arms up bc the fans near him really got excited that they were gonna hear it. I was in section 106 not far from him. Tako mentioned on her Instagram the lack of videos showing axl and slash really enjoying themselves during the song chasing each other. It was my 3rd show of the nitl tour and if it’s an act they are doing a tremendous job of enjoying the stage together. I understand the money is great but, watching close up it looks sincere.

Thanks so much for this, it's truly great to hear that Axl and Slash are enjoying playing together again.  I'll admit, I was a skeptic of those two and thought 'cash grab'.  But hearing Slash play the way he has been of late - on CD songs no less - there's no way that he would be reaching that kind of emotional playing level for the lure of money alone.  He's clearly enjoying what he's doing.  Same with Duff.  Hope we get a vid of Madagascar soon! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, agno said:

What the fuck, Billy Gibbons must have gotten very old or something. He should be able to play at least something descent in e minor on Patience. That was insanly bad. What happened... 

That was weird.  Almost seemed like a possible serious health thing even?  Very difficult to witness whatever the case.

And of all the songs to have a guitarists guest - they do the one song where they already have three guitars, with Duff on guitar too.  Four guitar players and no solo.

37 minutes ago, soon said:

That was weird.  Almost seemed like a possible serious health thing even?  Very difficult to witness whatever the case.

And of all the songs to have a guitarists guest - they do the one song where they already have three guitars, with Duff on guitar too.  Four guitar players and no solo.

I've not watxched it yet, but after reading the above I hesitate to...maybe he was fucked up or undertheweather...?  ZzTop rock3

4 minutes ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

I've not watxched it yet, but after reading the above I hesitate to...maybe he was fucked up or undertheweather...?  ZzTop rock3

Gibbons is one of the best there ever was or will be!  He's my favourites guitarists, favourite guitarist (Jeff Beck)!  The above RS article describes it this way; "During Friday's encore, Gibbons added his unique touch to a guitar solo on the Lies ballad as he performed alongside Slash and Duff McKagan."  I respect RS for treating him with dignity, but Id say it was bad and something seemed off, could be as you say.  Maybe do skip it honestly.

9 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

strange choice of song to have Billy G guest on. He looked and was completely lost on it. 

I watched the clip and I couldnt help but cringe on how lost Billy was. Like he tried to get a rhythm going but it just wasn't happening. At that point, I was hoping he'd just go and sing background vocals.

• Like 1