11/14/17 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center

gunsguy

11 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

How triumphant would a new GNR album be with Grohl on drums in the band? Or maybe Angus decides to make ACDC an allstar group and just recruits big names to live up to the bands name, Grohl on drums, Billy Sheehan on bass, Axl vocals, Stevie Young rhythm. Yes pls

Why you hate AC/DC?

6 hours ago, Thorbear said:

That was really good :-)

Have had a proper listen and Slash really outdoes himself here.  It's a crying shame the audio isn't better quality as I believe this would be a contender for best Slash solo of the tour.  I actually think he's improved on Buckethead's original, which I would never have thought possible.  Robin's solo is still giving him trouble but I feel like he's getting closer to nailing it.  Maybe another couple of goes.

14 hours ago, GNRSLAXLDF12 said:

This is by far the best CD song in the set as performed by this current line up. Axl is killing it and I love the riff Slash has added over the pre- choruses and  choruses. Don't always love this current bands versions of CD songs but I think this version is better than the recorded version.

... But it may not light the crowd up though, however it definitely sounds fantastic.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:23 AM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

SO many thanks for this.  Audio isn't great, but I heard it well enough through my headphones.  Slash's playing....:drool: Buckethead can kiss his TWAT solo goodbye...^^

Firstly, how into Slash's playing was Axl? He was dancing the whole time and his hand was going up and down following him. He was so into it that for quite possibly the ONLY time ever except Tokyo '09 he actually came in pre-solo at THE RIGHT TIME and was wanting to actually go for the high part but sadly it wasn't there and he went low. But then, as per, he had to come in blimmin early and sing over the climax of the solo, the best fucking part. Ah well. Slash seemed well into it from his movement, headbanging and body language, as per. It'll never get old seeing that. Did you see the woman across the other side really going for it? Clearly a CD fan. 

Funny how the usual bitchers on here always talk about how the CD songs supposedly destroy the atmosphere and crowd enthusiasm. Yet this video is recorded way up in the stands and you can hear a really solid reaction. Not like after one of the hits at all but a solid, appreciative reaction.

Don't suppose you've found a standalone video? I don't have the time to extract it from the stream.

Holy fucking shit. Best version yet. Axl sounds fucking amazing on the first verses.

Melissa's vocals are really awesome, especially in the last two verses and right at the end. 

I like the new(?) quote lyrics that maybe help noobs figure out what's going on.

Glad someone pointed out the new parts Slash is playing over the verses, really nice.

I can't get my head around Axl staying on stage the whole time during the solo. He never ever did not leave in 2002 and i'm fairly sure that was standard after 2006. Anybody else got any ideas about that? He's dancing around loads here. 

But most of all, just how crazily into this song is Slash? It's just crazy. He usually stomps his way into the last verses but here he starts hopping in a circle way early and Axl comes up as they run to the front together. It just blows my mind considering what the song is about and how little Slash has to do. For multiple reasons you'd think it'd be an absolute chore for him and his least favourite to play. It's a total "Axl song" as he said about the album, not a Guns song. And yet he clearly loves it. 

That made me really fucking happy. 

On 11/15/2017 at 6:18 PM, Scream of the Butterfly said:

That crossed my mind, too. I have a feeling that even after all these years, he might still hold GNR (and us fans) in contempt. Nothing has really happened that would have changed his mind. I could be wrong, though. We'll never know.

He would have a very smart daughter who would much rather listen to Live Forever by Oasis than her dad's lame-ass man-boy teenager pre-emo emo rock and would probably have chilled out, grown up, got some help for his stomach issues and hopefully written some songs for adults with a backbone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Firstly, how into Slash's playing was Axl? He was dancing the whole time and his hand was going up and down following him. He was so into it that for quite possibly the ONLY time ever except Tokyo '09 he actually came in pre-solo at THE RIGHT TIME and was wanting to actually go for the high part but sadly it wasn't there and he went low. But then, as per, he had to come in blimmin early and sing over the climax of the solo, the best fucking part. Ah well. Slash seemed well into it from his movement, headbanging and body language, as per. It'll never get old seeing that. Did you see the woman across the other side really going for it? Clearly a CD fan. 

Funny how the usual bitchers on here always talk about how the CD songs supposedly destroy the atmosphere and crowd enthusiasm. Yet this video is recorded way up in the stands and you can hear a really solid reaction. Not like after one of the hits at all but a solid, appreciative reaction.

Don't suppose you've found a standalone video? I don't have the time to extract it from the stream.

Nah, just the one that @vloors posted, sadly.  It is WELL worth taking the time to listen to it again though - you pick up so much second time round.  Yes, I noticed the dancing woman! LOL  I always watch for Axl's reaction when Slash is playing the CD solos; you can tell if it's all going the way Axl imagines it should.  26:32.  Axl is listening out to see how Slash will play it and of course, he plays this particular part of the solo like a fucking god - it's my favourite part.  Axl is pleased. ^^   

I realise that so many Slash fans don't like CD and I understand that, but I do wish for the sake of hearing Slash play with incredible feeling, that they would listen to him at least on the last few Sorrys (completely outdoes himself) and Louisville Catcher (mind-blowing) and this one, because honestly, people are missing out on something really special.  The TWAT Buckethead solo is for me, the best soloing Slash has done all tour.  I can't think of anything else that comes close.  If someone has Slash playing something else on this tour that beats this, then by all means show me!

5 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Nah, just the one that @vloors posted, sadly.  It is WELL worth taking the time to listen to it again though - you pick up so much second time round.  Yes, I noticed the dancing woman! LOL  I always watch for Axl's reaction when Slash is playing the CD solos; you can tell if it's all going the way Axl imagines it should.  26:32.  Axl is listening out to see how Slash will play it and of course, he plays this particular part of the solo like a fucking god - it's my favourite part.  Axl is pleased. ^^   

I realise that so many Slash fans don't like CD and I understand that, but I do wish for the sake of hearing Slash play with incredible feeling, that they would listen to him at least on the last few Sorrys (completely outdoes himself) and Louisville Catcher (mind-blowing) and this one, because honestly, people are missing out on something really special.  The TWAT Buckethead solo is for me, the best soloing Slash has done all tour.  I can't think of anything else that comes close.  If someone has Slash playing something else on this tour that beats this, then by all means show me!

Right on about Louisville Catcher. Can you recommend me some recent Sorrys to check?

Argh about not having a separate video of this Twat. It fucking nuts that there are like shitloads of videos from all the 2006-10 shows when people didn't have these amazing phones. Multiple videos of full shows from the same show as well as individual vids. This tour, so few. And some threads only 3 pages long!

This was the best show I have ever been to. And I have seen about 50 in my life. They delivered. Worth the $275 ticket price.  Axl's voice is a crap shoot live, but it has always been and I accept that. Not many others, if anyone, records such different ranges and styles so that is what happens live.  But I still don't know what Melissa does, lol.  Thank you GNR! 

Local review: http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/concert-review-guns-n-roses-starts-on-time-finishes-with/article_94c03b6d-22f8-5b9b-ba37-acf37e7fe41f.html