Black Hole Sun

I don't know why Axl chose to use his wildly unpopular "Don't let it bring you down" voice. It would have sounded better if he just went for it imo. I also did not care for the Fortus solo. However it's cool that they did the song as a tribute to Chris Cornell. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think it sounds pretty goodon besides the solo and the high notes..

I think the solo was good enough considering I can hardly hear the guitar solo on the original song

5 minutes ago, Mendez said:

I think the solo was good enough considering I can hardly hear the guitar solo on the original song

I though it was too much and didn't really fit the song. I would chock it up to it being the first time he ever played it live but that is what he does with every other solo too. Better that than messing up another GnR song though.

Well maybe it doesn't sound the epic way we want it to be, but here on the forum we Always have the habit of being critical and negative or just sceptical about everything GN'R/Axl do, I think it is a great gesture from the band for even rehearsing the song in the first place let alone play it live! It shows that they really care about it, and that the passing of Chris Cornell touches them! Let us all appreciate this people! long live Guns N' Roses.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I though it was too much and didn't really fit the song. I would chock it up to it being the first time he ever played it live but that is what he does with every other solo too. Better that than messing up another GnR song though.

Fortus overplay a solo?

Spoiler

9GA9g.gif

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Uh...while it is awesome they mixed things up a little and tried this; that was terrible. I could literally sing better than that? Axl sounded like he was about to have a panic attack or something. No rasp. Not even going for the high notes. Just sounds phoned-in which is strange considering they rehearsed for once?

Yeah there was zero rasp from Axl throughout the entire show (as usual on a first show back) that's why I really hope they keep this in the set. I wanna hear him on it after a few shows when he's 100%

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah, if he sings it properly then I'd like to hear it again too. It would be cool if he used a low, menacing voice and then got fierce/raspy for the high notes.

Yeah, should use his Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder voice for the verses then go full on Hells Bells for the high 'Black Hole Suns.' That'd be epic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Uh...while it is awesome they mixed things up a little and tried this; that was terrible. I could literally sing better than that? Axl sounded like he was about to have a panic attack or something. No rasp. Not even going for the high notes. Just sounds phoned-in which is strange considering they rehearsed for once?

Axl phoning it in? That sounds totally out of character of him.

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think it sounds pretty goodon besides the solo and the high notes..

I'm only allowed 10 likes per day so I can't like this.  Axl did a fine job....he's what 55.  In his younger years he woulda probably 'outshined' Cornell on that.   

• Like 1