08/05/2017 - Little Rock, AR - War Memorial Stadium

Black Sabbath

Whats up guys! New to the forums I have been lurking for awhile though! This Little Rock show will be #4 for me on this tour (Kansas City, Chicago night 2, St. Louis which is my hometown) seems like it will be fairly intimate for a stadium show lol!

Off topic a bit but by the way KeyserSoze cool profile pic of Aaron (AWOLNATION). I actually have an awolnation tattoo!

16 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Your lack of interest is probably tied into the absence of new music. I love GNR dearly, but I want an actively creative band. 

That is correct. Once hardcore fans become indifferent about their favorite group, the band in question should be VERY concerned.

On 8/2/2017 at 4:23 AM, pugachev said:

lol, what a dump. I have to ask again, why the fuck  did they book this venue over Verizon Arena. Anything to save a buck I guess. 

The gear/production that they have on this part of the tour is for outdoor stadiums. They will have a smaller production for arena shows.  

Although I can't wait to see this stage in this place its going to look massive. And with them moving the stage forward making it even bigger.

8 hours ago, ironmt said:

I am sure this will be the bands last stop In Arkansas after seeing how the tickets sold. 

It was interesting because Tim McGraw and Faith Hill cancelled last nights show in Little Rock (verizion arena)  because she was "feeling ill" 

I bet she makes tonight's show (8/4) in Nashville. LOL I wonder if ticket sales were bad for that show. Little Rock tough town for ticket sales.

1 hour ago, DPR714 said:

It was interesting because Tim McGraw and Faith Hill cancelled last nights show in Little Rock (verizion arena)  because she was "feeling ill" 

I bet she makes tonight's show (8/4) in Nashville. LOL I wonder if ticket sales were bad for that show. Little Rock tough town for ticket sales.

Not necessarily so - at least this past year.

SIZIN' UP VERIZON: Pollstar recently released its midyear rankings of arena venues by ticket sales. North Little Rock's Verizon Arena came in 27th in the United States, beating bigger cities like Houston, St. Louis, Orlando and Boston and its 2016 midyear ranking (33rd). With other big shows scheduled, including Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Janet Jackson, Bruno Mars and Chris Stapleton, such figures are music to the arena's ears.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2017/jul/23/don-t-fret-quirkiness-abides-here-20170/

5 hours ago, rockphantom said:

That is correct. Once hardcore fans become indifferent about their favorite group, the band in question should be VERY concerned.

I agree whole heartily. And, these 3 guys are so ducking talented. There is nobody like Axl. And Slash and Duff, come on. Metallica and U2 are still making incredible music. I have no doubt GNR could do the same. But this tour has become stale and almost lifeless for the two-decade-diehard-fan. My only hope that the tour is a way for them to gel and find some common ground to begin working again. A 26 year absence is a huge obstacle to overcome in writing with all the guys so set in their ways. It feels like Axl just can't do it. I really hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DPR714 said:

I don't listen to that type of music but that Is an Interesting observation. Guns should have also came up with a mysterious Illness. They certainly won't be making any money on the Little Rock stop. 

13 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I don't listen to that type of music but that Is an Interesting observation. Guns should have also came up with a mysterious Illness. They certainly won't be making any money on the Little Rock stop. 

the band gets paid regardless of ticket sales.  the promoter is the one who will take a bath if it doesn't sell well.   

• Like 2

Just now, GhostOfPride said:

the band gets paid regardless of ticket sales.  the promoter is the one who will take a bath if it doesn't sell well.   

They have actually done so well on this tour that a few terrible selling markets like the Little Rock stop are not going to affect the promoter to bad either. I am just guessing, but I would think that the band would prefer to take the stage to a full house as opposed to the venue being half empty. Then again, It Is most likely about the money and they may not care either way. 

56 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Im not certain, but I believe GNR is guaranteed 3 million each show by promoters. Live Nation books the tour and follow market research to determine what cities to play. This show might not be highly profitable, but I believe it will make some cash. The overhead on this tour is huge. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

26 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Im not certain, but I believe GNR is guaranteed 3 million each show by promoters. Live Nation books the tour and follow market research to determine what cities to play. This show might not be highly profitable, but I believe it will make some cash. The overhead on this tour is huge. 

They won't be getting anywhere near 3 mil a night on this leg now, it just isn't possible.  They barely grossed that in a few of the bigger cities last year when the re-union was hot off the press so nobody is giving them that money to play Little Rock on 7 weeks notice

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You are probably right, there Is probably a Guaranteed amount, just not exactly sure what that amount Is and you might be right on with your figure of 3 million. I wonder how Live Nation came to the conclusion that Little Rock was a profitable stop. 

Looks like a few more tickets sold, the floor will be full with sections In the stands completely empty. Not rows, complete sections almost empty. This will be the worst turn out of the entire tour, I would think.

Edited by ironmt

So, apparently there are plenty of PIT tickets left, they reduced them to $225 a pop which is cheaper than what I paid for floor seats. Does anyone know if its still possible to "upgrade" on the day of the show? I skipped pit because the prices were like $500 when it first went on sale.

15 hours ago, ironmt said:

"Mysterious illnesses" are generally reserved for when Axl has a particularly bad vocal night :lol:

56 minutes ago, pugachev said:

So, apparently there are plenty of PIT tickets left, they reduced them to $225 a pop which is cheaper than what I paid for floor seats. Does anyone know if its still possible to "upgrade" on the day of the show? I skipped pit because the prices were like $500 when it first went on sale.

Some people had success calling TicketMaster for upgrades during the last US stadium tour. It wouldn't hurt to just call them and see if you get someone friendly enough to take care of you.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"Mysterious illnesses" are generally reserved for when Axl has a particularly bad vocal night :lol:

Some people had success calling TicketMaster for upgrades during the last US stadium tour. It wouldn't hurt to just call them and see if you get someone friendly enough to take care of you.

To add to this, if the TM agent you speak with is unwilling to help you upgrade, just hang up and try again...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Joeypeeps said:

Anybody know what time the parking lots and stadium opens? 

Parking Information:

·         General parking will open at 8:00 am for all lots east of Fair Park

·         Golf Course Parking will open at 2:00 pm

·         All General parking is $ 20.00

·         Tailgating is permitted in the public parking areas. No trailers are allowed in the parking areas

·         Parking is available for guest with disabilities with proper credentials behind the Arkansas Department of Health at Markham and Palm. A shuttle will run between the Heath Department and the stadium before, during and after the concert for  anyone with disabilities

http://www.wmstadium.com/news/2017/08/05/concert-information