Do you feel cheated as a ticket buyer knowing Axl isn't giving it his all for GNR shows?

TheSeeker

Do you feel cheated as a ticket buyer knowing Axl isn't giving it his all for GNR shows?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, I don't feel cheated at all from the two London shows I went to. There were weak moments with his vocals at both concerts but I never felt he wasn't trying his best or that he didn't want to be there, quite the opposite. 

Ive seen Axl in 2010, 2012, and with AC/DC and this weekend is by far my favourite. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl is clearly unmotivated while performing with GNR. If he's beholden to something (trying to best Velvet Revolver in 2006-2007, trying to sell NewGNR on his own without proper management in 2009-2010, working as a hired hand for AC/DC in 2016)  he puts in the effort. But now he's coasting again, which doesn't bode well for the future of GNR.

Would you feel cheated if Axl consciously refused to sing to the best of his ability after you paid good money to see him perform? 

Are you fucking serious? I believe that Axl does the best he's able to every time he is on stage. Nobody knows anything about reasons, so why blame him? Such a long tour is exhausting, for your vocal chords, too....

Edited by Zurimor

When I saw them at MetLife Stadium last year, everyone on stage put forth effort into it. As a comparison, I saw AC/DC 4 times. Three times with Brian Johnson and 1 with Axl singing. The last concert with Brian Johnson singing, it was good, but not great. It didn't beat the previous two times that I saw them. The reason why is because I had the impression that Brian Johnson was mailing it in. You could tell the difference in his performance. It wasn't the same. When I saw Axl performing with AC/DC, the band raised it's energy. With GNR, Axl puts forth that same energy and effort.

When you  are there in person, you can tell if the performer is or isn't putting in the performance.  

15 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Are you fucking serious? I belive that Axl does the best he's able to every time he is on stage. Nobody knows anything about reasons, so why blame him? Such a long tour is exhausting, for your vocal chords, too....

1 month ago:

I haven't seen them live, except on crappy youtube videos, but that gets bored because they never change the setlist. But from what I've seen I can't say that Axl or Slash are not giving it them all... they seem to enjoy themselves and 'move' around a lot, so I'm not sure why some think that they are bored or going through the motions.

4 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Go on the gnr fb page and read what the casual fan say on there! They all love it none of them are winging

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's like these guys never went to see a Guns N' Roses show or a Slash concert in the last twenty plus years?

Edited by Silent Jay

9 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

It's like these guys never went to see a Guns N' Roses show or a Slash concert in the last twenty plus years?

Yeah it just shows you they might not be at there best but fans are still loving the shows

22 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Go on the gnr fb page and read what the casual fan say on there! They all love it none of them are winging 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wait. What's this? A bunch average rock fans enjoying the show?? How can this be?? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl is clearly unmotivated while performing with GNR. If he's beholden to something (trying to best Velvet Revolver in 2006-2007, trying to sell NewGNR on his own without proper management in 2009-2010, working as a hired hand for AC/DC in 2016)  he puts in the effort. But now he's coasting again, which doesn't bode well for the future of GNR.

Would you feel cheated if Axl consciously refused to sing to the best of his ability after you paid good money to see him perform? 

Wow some people talk the biggest pile of shit on planet earth ! DELETE THIS RIDICULOUS THREAD

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Look at yourself.

it seems you enjoy making personal insults to anyone that doesn't act like a complete fanboy. So you're resorting to ad personam. I'm sorry if everyday you feel offended about honest and distinctive comment from longtime fans, but overeacting is poor taste and extremely childish.

I don't spend much time on youtube watching GnR videos as each show are becoming way too conventional. Heck I don't even bother collecting bootlegs anymore. It's sometimes too disappointing to watch. I understand they want to make a big buck out of it and they need Live Nation and all that, but maybe after this leg in Europe, there will be some change, and I'll be happier but right now it's been a poor year as a fan.

How many shows have you seen ? Poor year as a fan, fuck me, some of you need to get out a little more.

1 hour ago, loko said:

I saw GNR  three time to this date (2006 Warsaw, 2010 Prague and 2012 Rybnik). And since the first show there was a downward spiral, in 2006 I was stunned. They sounded and looked like they gives everything, Axl had contact with audience etc.

2010 was different, Axl still sound great, band was a litlle bit weaker and more bored. But it was still nice experience.

2012 was big let down, it was just boring show, with Axl and band go through the motions. Axl looked and behaved like he didn't want to be there and just want to finished show. I was felled rip off.

And when I'm watching youtube from recent show, it's the same.

So this time I don't even think about going to this show. There is nothing new, same songs just different guitar player. It's not enough for me.

Your loss

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Not entirely Axl's fault. I don't think Slash is giving it all for example. He looks very bored. Primarily I think the current line-up isn't very great, the setlist kinda sucks. I don't want to see a band going through the motions, a band that keep ignoring Adler and Izzy, avoiding interviews, a band that don't release new stuff.

So as a fan, I already feel raped. Why should a buy a ticket?

Knock yourself out with the guy that doesn't give interviews

2 hours ago, loko said:

I saw GNR  three time to this date (2006 Warsaw, 2010 Prague and 2012 Rybnik). And since the first show there was a downward spiral, in 2006 I was stunned. They sounded and looked like they gives everything, Axl had contact with audience etc.

2010 was different, Axl still sound great, band was a litlle bit weaker and more bored. But it was still nice experience.

2012 was big let down, it was just boring show, with Axl and band go through the motions. Axl looked and behaved like he didn't want to be there and just want to finished show. I was felled rip off.

And when I'm watching youtube from recent show, it's the same.

So this time I don't even think about going to this show. There is nothing new, same songs just different guitar player. It's not enough for me.

This has pretty much been my experience too. Saw them in 2006 and was blown away, saw them in 2010 and enjoyed it, and then again in 2012 and by then, I felt like I'd seen the exact same show three times, just with weaker vocals. Can't believe five years has passed since then and Axl is still performing the same set, albeit with Coma and Double Talking Jive added. 

5 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

you feel cheated by someone when you are expecting something of a person and then this person gives you the opposite of your expectations

you have to be a lunatic to expect to see axl "motivated" on this nonsense tour

he is singing the same old songs that hes been singing for the last 30 years and he said himself on an interview about 28 years ago that felt like burying these songs

he is backed by 4 yes-men that can not create anything remotelly inspiring musically to save their lives

he is also backed by two former band members that he used to hate up till two minutes ago

there is nothing to expect from this tour other than half-hearted nonsense nostalgia of real bad quality

hey, but people are paying very good money for it and they are genuinelly happy about it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zurimor said:

way off topic: 0:25 - 0:43, Melissa mirroring Axls mannerisms?  haha!

On topic: I think we just have to take it for what it is.  And its still very good.  Add in ones fandom and the legacy and it's an awesome experience.  Would this band wow us and make us the obsessed fans we are if this is what they originally were?  I doubt it would do it for all of us.

3 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

My opinion... I don't believe he's not trying, in fact i see more effort and passion in axl than I've ever seen at any point with his employee lineups.  I think he's shown effort to sound better, to lose weight, to be on time and engage each song and show.  I see a reinvigorated man when he stands side by side with his two real band mates.  

i usually have plenty to say about axl but feel I must stick up for him here.  it's not that he's not trying it's that he's older now, his prime wasted to poor management and ego and THIS IS WHAT'S LEFT of the man.  

would love to see more shows, a new record and axl create a solid last chapter for guns (with izzy & Steven/Matt).

and if there's one thing selfishly I'd want, it'd be an interview.  a real one. 

I thought he was pretty invested every time I saw him with his "employee band". In fact I see very little change. He still danced, made jokes with the guys on stage, sang to varying degrees of good or bad, smiled etc. What's the actual difference, because I'm missing something. Is he happy to finally have the Slash and classic GnR shit behind him? yes, but was he out on tour, hating what he was doing up until the point he sent that text to Slash? Nope, and there's plenty of incredible shows to support that opinion. 

2006 was an inspired Axl. Current Axl is definitely having a great time, but how the hell could he not enjoy himself? he's just just jumped from playing to 15000 people arenas in Europe/UK/US to Stadiums holding 80000 people worldwide... I'm sure he never thought that was on the cards again, AND on top of all that, the media are being VERY kind with him - relatively few fat jokes, and they are very easy on his voice. 

24 minutes ago, soon said:

way off topic: 0:25 - 0:43, Melissa mirroring Axls mannerisms?  haha!

On topic: I think we just have to take it for what it is.  And its still very good.  Add in ones fandom and the legacy and it's an awesome experience.  Would this band wow us and make us the obsessed fans we are if this is what they originally were?  I doubt it would do it for all of us.

I really liike Melissa, it's fun watching her playing the keys, she rocks!