Jump to content
Subtle Signs

GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

What a bunch bullshit. Of course he is a member of the band, after 16 years you aren't just an employee anymore, even if that would be the case on paper.  It's also not true that nobody wants to hear CD, IU like that album. Furthermore, CD sold several million copies, that's not a fail at all. It fell behinnd expectations, yes, but a fail is something different, not an album that sold several million time (billboard says 5.6 million, too lazy to read through this thread now: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/170442-how-many-copies-chinese-democracy-really-sold/

 

For sixteen years he's been covering izzy's parts.  why does length of time matter, in that time he's contributed nothing creatively, except to tour the world covering songs he didn't write in a band that broke up long before he arrived.  

those numbers on CD are from the people who were curious and wanted to support axl's solo effort, once the initial interest past and once people actually heard the record it died, no one cared, axl was forced to watch slash, duff and Matt win a Grammy with a real band.

ive said many times on this forum I like and support Richard and think there's a future where he becomes a member writing and performing with gnr.  I often say I hope he gets the chance Gilby never got if izzy can't be there.

but until then Richard is just a dude filling in for izzy, playing izzy's parts that izzy wrote.  

agree to disagree, I am excited for the apollo show and hope you are too.  

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Fortunately the european leg including the Tel Aviv show ends only 5 days before this event so most likely Axl will be in good shape.

So eventually this will be the first real pro shot show since the reunion :drool:

I assumed it'd just be audio. Do you reckon it'll be filmed too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

My wife's had good luck w/ these Sirius XM subscriber ticket offers in the past. Fingers crossed that between that and Nightrain that we get in.

She got into Metallica,Bruce Springsteen or Paul McCartney?  Those were some of the major XM shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

For sixteen years he's been covering izzy's parts.  why does length of time matter, in that time he's contributed nothing creatively, except to tour the world covering songs he didn't write in a band that broke up long before he arrived.  

those numbers on CD are from the people who were curious and wanted to support axl's solo effort, once the initial interest past and once people actually heard the record it died, no one cared, axl was forced to watch slash, duff and Matt win a Grammy with a real band.

ive said many times on this forum I like and support Richard and think there's a future where he becomes a member writing and performing with gnr.  I often say I hope he gets the chance Gilby never got if izzy can't be there.

but until then Richard is just a dude filling in for izzy, playing izzy's parts that izzy wrote.  

agree to disagree, I am excited for the apollo show and hope you are too.  

 

Richard is not a small part of their stage presence  and he does a pretty damn good windmill. :D He has his own style and doesn't play everything Izzy wrote note by note.  If it were kick Richard to get Izzy back into the band, I'd always keep Richard, only way would be they share their part, but Izzy for Richard, just no! Richard does a really good job, he honestly earnt his spot and that should always count.

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL at the thought of Steven and Izzy being involved in this show, especially Steven after the book fiasco and those interviews he did at the beginning of this year. 

Not that they don't deserve to be there but all things considered it's very naive to keep hoping for lineup changes/guests spots even for a one night special invite only show (just for celebrities and people that really don't care about past members).

I'm looking forward to SiriusXM's Guns N' Roses radio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

One of the vegas concert in 2012 was broadcast for SiriusXM. Here's how it sounded:

 

That quality is terrible, almost like an audience recording.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Do you get all the channels with a trial? I've been meaning to get Sirius for a while but not sure how much I'll use it

Yep, though I got mine when I bought my car...I believe you get all the channels with the online trial as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

She got into Metallica,Bruce Springsteen or Paul McCartney?  Those were some of the major XM shows.

Ah, not those - dunno if they ticket those differently or not.  Slash's album release concert and a bunch of live in-studio stuff at Sirius' studios.

3 minutes ago, Marie82 said:

LOL at the thought of Steven and Izzy being involved in this show, especially Steven after the book fiasco and those interviews he did at the beginning of this year.

Maybe Steven's mom will be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

Ah, not those - dunno if they ticket those differently or not.  Slash's album release concert and a bunch of live in-studio stuff at Sirius' studios.

Maybe Steven's mom will be there!

Of course, first row. VIP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they only record November Rain at the Orpheum Theater in L.A. back then? 

Imagine a whole set + VHS release back then... :drool:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go ahead US friends...

 

SiriusXM has your chance to witness rock history in the making as Guns N' Roses perform a private concert at Harlem's world famous Apollo Theater in New York City!

This exclusive SiriusXM event marks the first time that Guns N' Roses will perform at the iconic venue. This special invitation-only concert will take place before the next leg of the band's North American "Not In This Lifetime" tour. 

One Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two to New York City, including round trip airfare, hotel accommodations and two FRONT ROW tickets to the event on Thursday, July 20 at the Apollo Theater ...PLUS we'll fly you and a guest to the show of your choice on the Guns N' Roses "Not In This Lifetime" tour! 

Enter below and choose the tour date you'd like to attend in addition to the Apollo Theater show for your chance to win! 


This very special performance will air LIVE on the band's limited-run SiriusXM channel "Guns N' Roses Radio" coming July 13, as well as on Howard 101, but here's your chance to be there in person! 

TELL US WHAT YOU LIKE AND GET MORE OF WHAT YOU WANT! After you enter, tell us your favorite SiriusXM shows and channels so we can tell you about more exclusive subscriber opportunities – including invitations to private SiriusXM events, free tickets to concerts, movie screenings and sporting events, and much more

https://www.siriusxm.com/gunsnroses?hpid=HP_NEW_GunsNRosesitem40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Oh, Axl isn't a member of the rock n roll hall of fame...  his letter back then 

He is despite the letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DMathski said:

Why would anyone expect this to be a 30th anny show when there's no mention of that in the press release? Don't expect anything. Nothing will happen.  Same old set list.

this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DMathski said:

Why would anyone expect this to be a 30th anny show when there's no mention of that in the press release? Don't expect anything. Nothing will happen. Same old set list.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zurimor said:

What a bunch bullshit. Of course he is a member of the band, after 16 years you aren't just an employee anymore, even if that would be the case on paper.  It's also not true that nobody wants to hear CD, I like that album. Furthermore, CD sold several million copies, that's not a fail at all. It fell behind expectations, yes, but a fail is something different, not an album that sold several million times (billboard says 5.6 million, too lazy to read through this thread now: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/170442-how-many-copies-chinese-democracy-really-sold/).

So um... I'd like you to answer this question honestly: Do you see Richard coming to the press announcing a new GNR album? Or giving away at least track names? Or deciding where the band should go next along with Axl, Slash and Duff? Because that's what band members do.

Or do you see Richard as a great musician who has his band (Dead Daisies) and every time GNR needs a touring guitar player, they give him a call? That's the definition of a hired touring musician.

Which one fits Fortus better?

If you think this is too off-topic, please PM me the answer. I would really like to know your answer to my question. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy; BE PREPARED FOR THIS AXL.

Yah, right lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only way izzy and steve will be there is if theyre back in the band full time which aint gonna happen. this is a promo thing so theyll be promoting the upcoming shows. doesnt make sense for 2 guys to promote something they wont be part of... if hell does freeze over and they do come back full time then less than 2 weeks to develop enough chemistry to continue on a huge tour just aint enough time... plus izzy probably wont wanna play big crowds... capacity at the apollo is about 1500 so it would be fuckin awesome to see him out there for a song or two but how much of a cock tease would that be to have him go off and have richard come back on ? would be dope as fuck if they both came out for the encore though... only possible scenario i can imagine

Edited by Hollywood Gunner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, maynard said:

So um... I'd like you to answer this question honestly: Do you see Richard coming to the press announcing a new GNR album? Or giving away at least track names? Or deciding where the band should go next along with Axl, Slash and Duff? Because that's what band members do.

Or do you see Richard as a great musician who has his band (Dead Daisies) and every time GNR needs a touring guitar player, they give him a call? That's the definition of a hired touring musician.

Which one fits Fortus better?

Both Fortus and Dizzy quit Dead Daisies when the reunion was set, things proably got serious to Richard by now cause before the reunion he was doin all sorts of side jobs and now he is GNR only.

So, yeah, I think its fair to say that... And he is also the only one doin interviews.

Edited by default_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×