ZOMG!!!! SNES CLASSIC EDITION!!!!!

action

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

It's getting extremely ridiculous. Nintendo has some of the worst company practices in terms of product distribution I've ever seen in the industry. They've been doing this BS since the 80's with NES games and accessories. Artificial inflation is such a stupid movie on their part that alienates the majority of the fanbase, but that fanbase also can do literally nothing since there's always going to be a market for it and the scalpers own control of it. And they know it. Nintendo can do their PR talk all they want but they're awful to the real fans. Their games are masterpieces and they've innovated the industry for sure, but as an actual company they are deplorable.

I didn't mind it in the past when i knew availability would improve a few months down the road.  It's now becoming increasingly easier to buy a Switch as supply catches up with demand.

But Nintendo has already stated that like the NES classic, they don't anticipate production of the SNES Classic to last much longer than a few months.  If you don't get your hands on one when they first get released, it's unlikely you'll end up getting one at retail prices.  Basically, Nintendo is saying that only those who are lucky or stupid with their money can enjoy this much wanted product.  That's insanely disrespectful to people like myself who have purchased Nintendo products for three decades.  Hell, I might even consider buying a Switch if I had an enjoyable experience with the SNES Classic.  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RetroN-2-Hyperkin-2-in-1-Console-Gray/51250130?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227038908313&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=97627369954&wl4=aud-310687321802:pla-88860163497&wl5=9021675&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=51250130&wl13=&veh=sem#about-item

If you can't get the SNES Classic, here is a great solution.... I have one of these, works great...you can even use the original NES and SNES controllers if you choose. I still had a # of the cartridges for both from my youth, this system works great with all games so far, and plugs in via A/V cables. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe there's hope still...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/09/12/nes-classic-returning-to-stores-snes-classic-stock-increased

These issues could all be avoided if they sold the same game pack via the Switch.  I realize there's going to be some kind of subscription service on Nintendo's virtual console, but they could drive a lot of business to the Switch if they packaged those games for one price (say, $50-$60).  I'd skip both these little machines that would take up space on the mantle.  

But it's Nintendo...  Like a lot of Japanese companies, they don't do simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Maybe there's hope still...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/09/12/nes-classic-returning-to-stores-snes-classic-stock-increased

These issues could all be avoided if they sold the same game pack via the Switch.  I realize there's going to be some kind of subscription service on Nintendo's virtual console, but they could drive a lot of business to the Switch if they packaged those games for one price (say, $50-$60).  I'd skip both these little machines that would take up space on the mantle.  

But it's Nintendo...  Like a lot of Japanese companies, they don't do simple.

Wait...has the SNES classic not been released yet in North America? Could've sworn I've seen unboxings and reviews and stories of not being able to find it but the article says releases the 29th...what am I missing here?

9 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Wait...has the SNES classic not been released yet in North America? Could've sworn I've seen unboxings and reviews and stories of not being able to find it but the article says releases the 29th...what am I missing here?

No, not out until Sept 29th. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, downzy said:

Struck out again.  Went by Best Buy a few minutes before store opening and there was already a lineup of 150 people.  That's just fucking crazy.  Apparently the store had a 100 on hand and had no idea when they would get more.  

#donewithnintendo

sorry to hear downzy. maybe you'll get it right next time :axl92:

i've got mine, and my sister's one too. my brother's snes got delayed till mid october.

damn, this thing is a blast to play. on paper, this is just an emulation box, but the moment you fire up this little gizmo, magic kicks in. fired it up, just "to test it out" and before i knew, two hours passed.

Edited by action

So i never wait in line for anything or camp out, etc but I had nothing to do, didn't have to be at work til noon, so as an early bday gift for my gf I woke up at 745, showered, grabbed an apple and energy drink, walked to my GameStop 15 min away and at 815 got there and there was 8 people in front of me. Someone said an employee said there was 24 so 8 was in the clear. Around 915 the employees put a price of paper on the door saying they onky had 11 to sell lol. I was 9. I was so happy it was worth it....It's awesome.  I've owned mostly every other system EXCEPT Snes so it's all new and awesome to me lol. Anyone else snag one?

22 hours ago, charliehoodger said:

So i never wait in line for anything or camp out, etc but I had nothing to do, didn't have to be at work til noon, so as an early bday gift for my gf I woke up at 745, showered, grabbed an apple and energy drink, walked to my GameStop 15 min away and at 815 got there and there was 8 people in front of me. Someone said an employee said there was 24 so 8 was in the clear. Around 915 the employees put a price of paper on the door saying they onky had 11 to sell lol. I was 9. I was so happy it was worth it....It's awesome.  I've owned mostly every other system EXCEPT Snes so it's all new and awesome to me lol. Anyone else snag one?

I haven't yet but plan on it. Once it's confirmed you can load all the ROMs on it like you could with the NES Mini, I'll be grabbing one ASAP.

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I haven't yet but plan on it. Once it's confirmed you can load all the ROMs on it like you could with the NES Mini, I'll be grabbing one ASAP.

If you find an extra at your local store please think of your fellow admin :P 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this doesn't jinx anything but I'm feeling fairly confident I got my order through on Best Buy's website today!  

Just put through the order and will feel a lot better when I get a confirmation email.  But feeling pretty great about it right now.  Hopefully everything comes through and in a few days to a week I'll be able to play games that are 20-25+ years old! :)

• GNFNR 1

On 3-10-2017 at 10:14 PM, RussTCB said:

Here's a tut on how to do it, my advice would be, buy a second hand WIIU. It's fully customizable and u can play every single nintendo title of all consoles they ever released (except for switch)

On 2017-10-20 at 4:18 PM, RussTCB said:

Finally got one of these today. Won't have time to mess with it this evening but I'm gonna hack the shit out of it in the morning! 

How did the hacking go?  

Funny, for all the angst I've had about getting one of these I haven't had any time to play it for more than 15 minutes.  I'd love to eventually hack mine but not until I make at least a decent dent into the games already provided.  

2 hours ago, downzy said:

How did the hacking go?  

Funny, for all the angst I've had about getting one of these I haven't had any time to play it for more than 15 minutes.  I'd love to eventually hack mine but not until I make at least a decent dent into the games already provided.  

Super easy. Takes like 15 minutes total. Google Hackchi2 and you'll be done soon after. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2017 at 5:07 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

I hacked mine too. I put Mike Tyson's Punchout on there. Played that and a few NES games I put on there and haven't touched it after that :lol:

Wait. Are you talking about the NES or S-NES Classic? Can you put regular NES games on an SNES? If so, I'm even more excited than I was before.

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. Are you talking about the NES or S-NES Classic? Can you put regular NES games on an SNES? If so, I'm even more excited than I was before.

yeah and you can then use your nes classic controller, to come full circle :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yes sir the SNES can play NES games and it is cool. I haven't played with it nearly enough. Load those Roms ups. 

@Oldest Goat I believe so, but not sure because I haven’t tried to save anything. I saw the slots still there but didn’t try to save a game. Once I put them on there I checked to see if the newly added games worked and that was it. I know with the Nes last year I saw the saves still worked as long as you didn’t put to many games on it. I guess I really need to check it to make sure. 

Edited by Tourettes2400

guys if you're going to hack your snes, be sure to dump your original operating system and save it on a file on your computer.

you only have one chance to do this; when you first hack it. because the hack replaces your operating system with hacki2. the old one is gone. there are good instructions on this. make sure you're informed.

why is this important? it's the only way to factory reset your system should it start to acting funny. (and from what i heard, it might. for example it might mess up your sound files, so your games would sound weird)

Edited by action