Jump to content
action

ZOMG!!!! SNES CLASSIC EDITION!!!!!

Recommended Posts

downzy    4,703
On 2017-07-21 at 11:55 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

Sold out in a day.

For Canadians looking to pre-order, best bet is to follow RZ Gamers Club (Best Buy portal)  on twitter:

https://twitter.com/BBYC_GamersClub?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
downzy    4,703

Apparently North American pre-orders will start later in August.  I've been watching Best Buy's Reward Zone twitter account like a hawk.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldest Goat    3,597

I've decided against this. I'll just end up getting one of those raspberry things and have NES, SNES, Megadrive etc all in one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
action    888
3 hours ago, downzy said:

Apparently North American pre-orders will start later in August.  I've been watching Best Buy's Reward Zone twitter account like a hawk.  

...and you should.

Nes sold out in seconds when pre orders went live :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tourettes2400    454
On 8/13/2017 at 2:21 AM, action said:

...and you should.

Nes sold out in seconds when pre orders went live :blink:

I pre-ordered 2 from Walmart when they went live and then the pieces of shit cancelled everybody's orders. I fucking hate Walmart. Oh well, I will hopefully score one or two, if not I have a raspberry pi. I only want one of these for the nostalgia anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
downzy    4,703

And just like that, pre-orders open in Canada and sold out in ten minutes.  Missed my window :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tourettes2400    454
On 8/22/2017 at 0:20 PM, downzy said:

And just like that, pre-orders open in Canada and sold out in ten minutes.  Missed my window :(

Walmart cancelled everyone's original pre-orders a few weeks after it went live. Then, I missed all the other pre-orders on Tuesday. I kept refreshing al the links on my phone at work and for a brief second Target allowed a few more pre-orders and I got one. Hopefully, Target won't cancel it. I can't take another cancellation, even though I have a raspberry pi with a lot of the same games on it. I still want one of these for the nostalgia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
downzy    4,703
1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Walmart cancelled everyone's original pre-orders a few weeks after it went live. Then, I missed all the other pre-orders on Tuesday. I kept refreshing al the links on my phone at work and for a brief second Target allowed a few more pre-orders and I got one. Hopefully, Target won't cancel it. I can't take another cancellation, even though I have a raspberry pi with a lot of the same games on it. I still want one of these for the nostalgia. 

I think the pre-orders back in July weren't authorized by Nintendo, hence why they were canceled.  These pre-orders were authorized as Nintendo hinted earlier this month that it would be late August when pre-orders would begin.  So I wouldn't worry about having your new pre-order canceled.  

What's annoying is that I setup Twitter notifications to let me know when pre-orders were going to happen and I didn't have my phone on me when those notifications went out.  I discovered ten minutes after the pre-orders went live and by then they were all gone.  

I'll say it again, if I end up not being able to get one of these at retail prices I'm done with Nintendo.  A company shouldn't make it this difficult to buy one of their products.  I have only slight interested in any new Nintendo game.  I only really want to play some of the games I grew up with as a kid and teenager.  Sure, I could get a Raspberry pi, but the fact that Nintendo makes that avenue the only tangible way for fans like me to relive their gaming youth is absurd.  Plus, I loved Star Fox on SNES and would love to play the sequel, something you can't get (as of now) on Raspberry Pi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AxlRoseCDII    944

I knew no one would be able to buy it, that's why I wasn't excited for this thing in the least- there's absolutely no point in giving a shit in my opinion. It's more worth someone who's interested in the idea to emulate the games on a computer or just download the SNES titles off the Wii or Wii U e-shop than suffer at the mercy of the scalpers. 

I'm not interested in the product at all, however, but that's just because I'm a diehard collector who disagrees with digital and thinks the mini consoles are just glorified emulation devices. But I digress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AxlRoseCDII    944
16 hours ago, downzy said:

I'll say it again, if I end up not being able to get one of these at retail prices I'm done with Nintendo.  A company shouldn't make it this difficult to buy one of their products.  I have only slight interested in any new Nintendo game.  I only really want to play some of the games I grew up with as a kid and teenager.  Sure, I could get a Raspberry pi, but the fact that Nintendo makes that avenue the only tangible way for fans like me to relive their gaming youth is absurd.  Plus, I loved Star Fox on SNES and would love to play the sequel, something you can't get (as of now) on Raspberry Pi.

It's getting extremely ridiculous. Nintendo has some of the worst company practices in terms of product distribution I've ever seen in the industry. They've been doing this BS since the 80's with NES games and accessories. Artificial inflation is such a stupid movie on their part that alienates the majority of the fanbase, but that fanbase also can do literally nothing since there's always going to be a market for it and the scalpers own control of it. And they know it. Nintendo can do their PR talk all they want but they're awful to the real fans. Their games are masterpieces and they've innovated the industry for sure, but as an actual company they are deplorable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
downzy    4,703
Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

It's getting extremely ridiculous. Nintendo has some of the worst company practices in terms of product distribution I've ever seen in the industry. They've been doing this BS since the 80's with NES games and accessories. Artificial inflation is such a stupid movie on their part that alienates the majority of the fanbase, but that fanbase also can do literally nothing since there's always going to be a market for it and the scalpers own control of it. And they know it. Nintendo can do their PR talk all they want but they're awful to the real fans. Their games are masterpieces and they've innovated the industry for sure, but as an actual company they are deplorable.

I didn't mind it in the past when i knew availability would improve a few months down the road.  It's now becoming increasingly easier to buy a Switch as supply catches up with demand.

But Nintendo has already stated that like the NES classic, they don't anticipate production of the SNES Classic to last much longer than a few months.  If you don't get your hands on one when they first get released, it's unlikely you'll end up getting one at retail prices.  Basically, Nintendo is saying that only those who are lucky or stupid with their money can enjoy this much wanted product.  That's insanely disrespectful to people like myself who have purchased Nintendo products for three decades.  Hell, I might even consider buying a Switch if I had an enjoyable experience with the SNES Classic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papashaun    2

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RetroN-2-Hyperkin-2-in-1-Console-Gray/51250130?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227038908313&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=97627369954&wl4=aud-310687321802:pla-88860163497&wl5=9021675&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=51250130&wl13=&veh=sem#about-item

 

If you can't get the SNES Classic, here is a great solution.... I have one of these, works great...you can even use the original NES and SNES controllers if you choose. I still had a # of the cartridges for both from my youth, this system works great with all games so far, and plugs in via A/V cables. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
downzy    4,703

Maybe there's hope still...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/09/12/nes-classic-returning-to-stores-snes-classic-stock-increased

These issues could all be avoided if they sold the same game pack via the Switch.  I realize there's going to be some kind of subscription service on Nintendo's virtual console, but they could drive a lot of business to the Switch if they packaged those games for one price (say, $50-$60).  I'd skip both these little machines that would take up space on the mantle.  

But it's Nintendo...  Like a lot of Japanese companies, they don't do simple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AxlRoseCDII    944
1 hour ago, downzy said:

Maybe there's hope still...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/09/12/nes-classic-returning-to-stores-snes-classic-stock-increased

These issues could all be avoided if they sold the same game pack via the Switch.  I realize there's going to be some kind of subscription service on Nintendo's virtual console, but they could drive a lot of business to the Switch if they packaged those games for one price (say, $50-$60).  I'd skip both these little machines that would take up space on the mantle.  

But it's Nintendo...  Like a lot of Japanese companies, they don't do simple.

Wait...has the SNES classic not been released yet in North America? Could've sworn I've seen unboxings and reviews and stories of not being able to find it but the article says releases the 29th...what am I missing here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
downzy    4,703
9 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Wait...has the SNES classic not been released yet in North America? Could've sworn I've seen unboxings and reviews and stories of not being able to find it but the article says releases the 29th...what am I missing here?

No, not out until Sept 29th. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×