action

ZOMG!!!! SNES CLASSIC EDITION!!!!!

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I haven't yet but plan on it. Once it's confirmed you can load all the ROMs on it like you could with the NES Mini, I'll be grabbing one ASAP.

If you find an extra at your local store please think of your fellow admin :P 

• Like 1

I hope this doesn't jinx anything but I'm feeling fairly confident I got my order through on Best Buy's website today!  

Just put through the order and will feel a lot better when I get a confirmation email.  But feeling pretty great about it right now.  Hopefully everything comes through and in a few days to a week I'll be able to play games that are 20-25+ years old! :)

• GNFNR 2

My sister bought one of these and it arrived earlier this week. I'll have to wait a few weeks until I go home to play it, but I'm looking forward to it!

On 3-10-2017 at 10:14 PM, RussTCB said:

I haven't yet but plan on it. Once it's confirmed you can load all the ROMs on it like you could with the NES Mini, I'll be grabbing one ASAP.

Here's a tut on how to do it, my advice would be, buy a second hand WIIU. It's fully customizable and u can play every single nintendo title of all consoles they ever released (except for switch)

• GNFNR 1

Finally got one of these today. Won't have time to mess with it this evening but I'm gonna hack the shit out of it in the morning! 

• Like 2

On 2017-10-20 at 4:18 PM, RussTCB said:

Finally got one of these today. Won't have time to mess with it this evening but I'm gonna hack the shit out of it in the morning! 

How did the hacking go?  

Funny, for all the angst I've had about getting one of these I haven't had any time to play it for more than 15 minutes.  I'd love to eventually hack mine but not until I make at least a decent dent into the games already provided.  

2 hours ago, downzy said:

How did the hacking go?  

Funny, for all the angst I've had about getting one of these I haven't had any time to play it for more than 15 minutes.  I'd love to eventually hack mine but not until I make at least a decent dent into the games already provided.  

Super easy. Takes like 15 minutes total. Google Hackchi2 and you'll be done soon after. 

• Thanks 1

I hacked mine too. I put Mike Tyson's Punchout on there. Played that and a few NES games I put on there and haven't touched it after that :lol:

On 10/25/2017 at 5:07 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

I hacked mine too. I put Mike Tyson's Punchout on there. Played that and a few NES games I put on there and haven't touched it after that :lol:

Wait. Are you talking about the NES or S-NES Classic? Can you put regular NES games on an SNES? If so, I'm even more excited than I was before.

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. Are you talking about the NES or S-NES Classic? Can you put regular NES games on an SNES? If so, I'm even more excited than I was before.

yeah and you can then use your nes classic controller, to come full circle :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, action said:

yeah and you can then use your nes classic controller, to come full circle :P

Nice! Well I'm going to load that bad boy up! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yes sir the SNES can play NES games and it is cool. I haven't played with it nearly enough. Load those Roms ups. 

On 10/28/2017 at 9:37 AM, Tourettes2400 said:

Yes sir the SNES can play NES games and it is cool. I haven't played with it nearly enough. Load those Roms ups. 

Can you still have saves and does the rewind feature work?

@Oldest Goat I believe so, but not sure because I haven’t tried to save anything. I saw the slots still there but didn’t try to save a game. Once I put them on there I checked to see if the newly added games worked and that was it. I know with the Nes last year I saw the saves still worked as long as you didn’t put to many games on it. I guess I really need to check it to make sure. 

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • GNFNR 1

guys if you're going to hack your snes, be sure to dump your original operating system and save it on a file on your computer.

you only have one chance to do this; when you first hack it. because the hack replaces your operating system with hacki2. the old one is gone. there are good instructions on this. make sure you're informed.

why is this important? it's the only way to factory reset your system should it start to acting funny. (and from what i heard, it might. for example it might mess up your sound files, so your games would sound weird)

Edited by action
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

@Oldest Goat I believe so, but not sure because I haven’t tried to save anything. I saw the slots still there but didn’t try to save a game. Once I put them on there I checked to see if the newly added games worked and that was it. I know with the Nes last year I saw the saves still worked as long as you didn’t put to many games on it. I guess I really need to check it to make sure. 

Please let me know how it turns out. I don't have one just asking on behalf of my sister.

I haven't played with this near as much as I should be I was also out of town all last week. I'll be home this week but I believe Super Mario Odyssey will be taking up most of my time.

• GNFNR 1

On 10/29/2017 at 2:08 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Please let me know how it turns out. I don't have one just asking on behalf of my sister.

I played a few games on it this weekend and you can still save the games. I almost forgot to let you know.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Got one of these delivered from Amazon today, either old games are hard or my reflexes were much better in the early 90s....

• Like 1

I searched for a thread about this and I'm shocked that one hasn't already been posted. Just ordered one of these and I'm sooooooooooo excited! I've got an XBox One, a 360 a GTX1080 capable PC, a Switch, and a PS3 yet I never really play any of them. Red Dead 2 has been gathering dust after a couple hours play time but I'm sure I'm going to fucking hammer this thing! I loved my SNES as a kid and the games lineup on this is insane! Anybody else bought one of these?

32 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I searched for a thread about this and I'm shocked that one hasn't already been posted. Just ordered one of these and I'm sooooooooooo excited! I've got an XBox One, a 360 a GTX1080 capable PC, a Switch, and a PS3 yet I never really play any of them. Red Dead 2 has been gathering dust after a couple hours play time but I'm sure I'm going to fucking hammer this thing! I loved my SNES as a kid and the games lineup on this is insane! Anybody else bought one of these?

Is this that fairly recently released one with the games in built?

Sony did a PsOne version that flopped pretty hard.

My friend got one and left it at my house for months.

Donkey kong is so hard

23 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Is this that fairly recently released one with the games in built?

Sony did a PsOne version that flopped pretty hard.

Yeah, that’s the one. The PS1 version flopped because a lot of the first gen 3D era games look wank nowadays IMO. The old 16 bit era stuff by comparison looks pretty sweet still. 

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Donkey kong is so hard

I still remember getting it for Christmas in 1994. :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, that’s the one. The PS1 version flopped because a lot of the first gen 3D era games look wank nowadays IMO. The old 16 bit era stuff by comparison looks pretty sweet still. 

I still remember getting it for Christmas in 1994. :lol: 

Might have to invest in one I loved my SNES back in the day.

The PsOne has MGS on it from my understanding .. Might buy one purely to play that again