Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion Thread *NO Spoilers*

13 hours ago, Dan H. said:

I hate that they turned Arya into a fucking dumbass just to artificially create conflict

It feels so forced too. What I want to know is why LF is trying to put a wedge between them. Is he like the Westrosi version of The Joker? He started this mess in the first place.

Sansa's got a point, she got thousands of soldiers to swear allegiance to the North which is odd because who's defending The Vale? Arya killed the Freys. She could be killing Cersei right now. 

53 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Sansa's got a point, she got thousands of soldiers to swear allegiance to the North which is odd because who's defending The Vale?

I don't think this will be addressed. I mean they've never actually mentioned in the show what the other regions of the 7 kingdoms are either.

See the video above too. They can't decide whether's 2,000 men in the North currently, less than 10,000 or 20,000 from episode to episode.

1 last thing on the capture a wight logic to convince Cersei, why would she bat an eyelid when she's got Robert Strong zombie Mountain?

22 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

One last thing, D/D's lack of subtely have really made me think that;

Hide contents

She's going to kill Ceseri in the show with Jamie's face. I'd like to be wrong though.

I don't think this will happen in the book though.

I've thought of that too. And it would be so fucking lame. Damn. But pretty sure it happens.

2 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

I really hope it isn't Arya who kills Cersei. I'd put Jamie or Tyrion in line first tbh.

Cersei technically didn't orchastrate Ned, Robb, or Catelyn's deaths. That's on Joff and Tywin.

And Littlefinger. Littlfinger was the main cataylist for events starting with the death of Jon Arryn.

There are detalied outlines for the season online (there were just parts of it before, seems like the dude didn't get the money from HBO so he posted them all :lol: ) and it confirms that NK waited, explains where they got the chains, explains situation in Winterfell and all kinds of stuff that they didn't really show us on the high level as before so we had to make connections up

On 8/21/2017 at 11:20 AM, Georgy Zhukov said:

Those Red Shirts I mean Nights Watch/Wildlings kept spawning out of nowhere and get die so no major character can die.

I was wondering who the fuck they were for a minute :lol:

This is one of those episodes where it looks like it spoils the next book, but it doesn't actually spoil much at all.

I enjoyed it for what it was, in-spite of characters acting a little bit odd.

TV Aegon is not the person I'd want to end up king. I mean in the show, he's made some ridiculously silly decisions for the past few years. However in the show the decision to go on that silly mission to capture a wight that resulted in the Night King getting a blue-lazer firing Vizerion that destroys East Watch is up there with the worst in the show. They've also literally accomplished nothing during their trip to King's Landing, but recruiting a 1 armed Jamie Lannister. Seriously, think about it.

This all seems a little too predictable now and lacking George's twists. 

Another thing I don't get. is why they had to have Ceseri be pregnant. It seems like a desperate attempt to humanize and keep her as a strong female character who only wants to protect her kids, instead of just being bat-shit/malicious/paranoid and terrible at ruling as in the books. Really an unnecessary sub-plot.

30 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

This is one of those episodes where it looks like it spoils the next book, but it doesn't actually spoil much at all.

I enjoyed it for what it was, in-spite of characters acting a little bit odd.

TV Aegon is not the person I'd want to end up king. I mean in the show, he's made some ridiculously silly decisions for the past few years. However in the show the decision to go on that silly mission to capture a wight that resulted in the Night King getting a blue-lazer firing Vizerion that destroys East Watch is up there with the worst in the show. They've also literally accomplished nothing during their trip to King's Landing, but recruiting a 1 armed Jamie Lannister. Seriously, think about it.

This all seems a little too predictable now and lacking George's twists. 

Another thing I don't get. is why they had to have Ceseri be pregnant. It seems like a desperate attempt to humanize and keep her as a strong female character who only wants to protect her kids, instead of just being bat-shit/malicious/paranoid and terrible at ruling as in the books. Really an unnecessary sub-plot.

Actually, it's the opposite. She manipulates everyone with that, if anything, she's even more inhuman 

6 hours ago, Deb Rose said:

Jon's ass is magnificent. Damn. 

The rest was as I read/was told last year. I'm glad Jamie finally grew a pair. And does anyone know what was up with Tyrion peeping from under the stairs looking worried/disappointed?

I didn't notice. I was distracted by the boob that has returned from season 3.

I'll be sure to check it out again next time.

7 minutes ago, username said:

The was an anticlimactic way to lose one of the most interesting players in the game. :(

He's done nothing since he killed Lysa towards the end of season 4 anyway.

When they pivoted away from Littlefinger's master plan (when the show was still an adaption) to someone stupid enough to give Sansa (the key to his plans) to the Boltons, it was over.

I know some people defended it, but both his and Sansa's arcs have been pretty brutal for a few seasons now.

Edited by AtariLegend