Nosaj Thing

Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion Thread *NO Spoilers*

15 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Jon showed boobs? 😲

Hahaha, not that I noticed, no. Danaerys must have, but I didn't notice that either. 

Jon and Dany won't be driven apart, even if he is a Targaryen and the heir to the chair.

The story is called A Song of Ice and Fire, right? It'd be stupid to call it that if Jon (ice) and Dany (fire) would end up despising eachother, right?

Fire melts ice, ice turns to water, water puts out fire. Season 8.

16 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Jon and Dany won't be driven apart, even if he is a Targaryen and the heir to the chair.

The story is called A Song of Ice and Fire, right? It'd be stupid to call it that if Jon (ice) and Dany (fire) would end up despising eachother, right?

Fire melts ice, ice turns to water, water puts out fire. Season 8.

I see iced and burnt child and death of parents in S8... also death of all dragons/direwolves left...

And hope for mad queen as winner of Game of thrones with rest of characters hanging on the walls of King's Landing...

It would be pretty terrible if a character who in the books anyway isn't even on the same continent as most of the characters/stories for 6/7 books to sweep in at the end with a foreign army to be the savior.

The show's decision to white wash or black wash certain characters completely changes who they are.

On 8/30/2017 at 1:20 PM, AslatIE said:

George;

I mean... Fire is love, fire is passion, fire is sexual ardor and all of these things. Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books.

(House of the Undying, referring to his other child Aegon) Rhaegar;

"Aegon. What better name for a king... He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"

Speaking of Rhaegar, how silly was it to finally cast a character to play him after 7 seasons only just to put a random extra in a Visery's wig and have him and Lyanna get married under a religion which neither followed.

If George really planned for Jon to be called Aegon, it's a really bad twist. One that would make no sense in the book.

41 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

It would be pretty terrible if a character who in the books anyway isn't even on the same continent as most of the characters/stories for 6/7 books to sweep in at the end with a foreign army to be the savior.

The show's decision to white wash or black wash certain characters completely changes who they are.

George;

I mean... Fire is love, fire is passion, fire is sexual ardor and all of these things. Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books.

(House of the Undying, referring to his other child Aegon) Rhaegar;

"Aegon. What better name for a king... He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"

Speaking of Rhaegar, how silly was it to finally cast a character to play him after 7 seasons only just to put a random extra in a Visery's wig and have him and Lyanna get married under a religion which neither followed.

If George really planned for Jon to be called Aegon, it's a really bad twist. One that would make no sense in the book.

Wasn't Viserys described to have copied his brother's looks?

Jon Targaryen would've been so much better, even Jaeherys or Jaegon.

I was just going over a few old chapters randomly from the books.

The penultimate chapter from A Storm Of Swords from Sansa's point of view when Littlefinger tells Lysa he's only loved one women, Cat. Then shoves her out the moon door and tells Sansa to open the door for the guards, because the singer killed Lysa is just glorious. This was made for TV. Honestly to me it was when the show was at it's best, but of course they had to get cute even there and not include Marillion at that point in the show. Resulting in them telling the Lords of the Vale Lysa just conveniently committed suicide instead of Littlefinger/Sansa blaming Marllion.

Even the best moments from Season 3/4 they just add to change little things/lines to make things worse or introduce plot holes.

Not having Roose say "Jamie Lannister sends his regards" during the red wedding was just a silly change. They obviously only changed the line, because they didn't want viewers to get confused.

Another beat I also think they missed was the Pink Letter. It's really a fist pumping moment in the books when Jon gives that speech to the Night's Watch about finally marching south against Ramsay before getting stabbed, then the mystery over the letter. They could have done that seen, in spite of all the other silly changes they made that season. Just take out, let's say the Missandei/Grey Worm show only nonsense and there, you have some extra time. They could have came up with others ways to get Missandei naked, without the silly time filling sub plot.