Has there actually been a good performance of Better on this tour?

There hasn't been a really good vocal preformance of Better since 2010. It sucks because its a song in my top 3 from that album, which now has both Slash and Duff playing the music but it's 'meh'.

Edited by F*ck Fear

It seems like he just doesn't know how to sing it anymore haha. 

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was in the pit for this one which was pretty damn good:

I'm just not a fan of how he sings the verses at all. 

Yea, Houston was the only good one IMO.

It's a shame because he used to fucking own that song, it was a highlight of the show. They played it near the end of the 2010 show I saw, somewhere in the encore, and before the heavy breakdown part Axl ripped out his IEM/monitor thing on his waist, yells "WHO THE FUCK-" before they cut his mic, and he came back with no monitor and belted that middle section out better than I've ever heard. Better is just one of those songs that needs to be sung aggressively, or dropped (like You Could Be Mine).

• Like 4

Ya know, I've been watching some 06 videos of Better live and I don't even like how he did it then. It still sounds reserved and weak compared to the record, as if he's just kinda plodding along. 

46 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, Houston was the only good one IMO.

It's a shame because he used to fucking own that song, it was a highlight of the show. They played it near the end of the 2010 show I saw, somewhere in the encore, and before the heavy breakdown part Axl ripped out his IEM/monitor thing on his waist, yells "WHO THE FUCK-" before they cut his mic, and he came back with no monitor and belted that middle section out better than I've ever heard. Better is just one of those songs that needs to be sung aggressively, or dropped (like You Could Be Mine).

Is there video of Thisbe performance on YouTube??

5 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

I don't know this is a good performance but I'm still not into it,  maybe I'd like it more if he sang it with his deeper register for the full song, just sounds a bit weak to me sang high the way he always does it live. Just a personal thing for me I guess :)

9 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I haven't seen one, most of the time he's just mumbling through the whole thing. 

my guess is that axl doesnt get really... huh... inspired by that intro created by slash, duff and the aliens

my wild guess is that axl thought THIS after listening to that... huh... "inspiring" intro...

- fuck, this intro is very boring and grooveless. Now i remember why i found a way to implode GNR... now i remember why i kept procrastinating record anything with slash and duff back in the 90s and why i was never able to record any of the "brilliant" ideas from these other guys

2 minutes later, he must have thought something like this

- fuck, this intro is very boring indeed. forget about new music with these guys. no fucking way. if this is the music that slash, duff and these guys can do then id rather stick with fucking sweet child and never do a GNR album again

just watched one of the videos and axl seems to be really into the intro

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

axl sounding like sandpaper here

the entire show is recorded like this?

with his voice very well above all the aliens?

i almost feel like I can enjoy axl solo music if it consists of sandpaper axl and all the rest of it as background music

4 hours ago, tajandreas said:

A great performance in my opinion. The Houston one too, of course.

axl looking like axl here, giving his best and seems to really be into the song. its been a long while since i seen him like this. was he like that for the entire show?

Edited by ludurigan