The "Axl's Voice" Thread - Please Keep All Discussion Here

3 hours ago, AlexC said:

Axl sounded fucking amazing last night. Even rasping Rocket Queen.

This Whole Lotta Rosie was killer too.

Tbh, he sounded evil on pretty much everything I've seen so far. Paradise City was once again badass for like the third show in a row.

Agreed 

btw whoever did the mix for ISE needs to remember that setup.

Axl's voice was crystal clear in the arena 

Not sure what took Axl so long to get back into this groove, but it's about time, and I love it. He clearly still has it. There's been a definite change these last few shows over the majority of 2017. It's a joy listening/watching these Youtube clips. 

I'm not going to feed into the recent rumors going around, but Axl has to know that he consciously made an effort to change how he sings these songs, and he has to have a reason for it. So, what is it? 

• Like 2

As I've said before, the show is scripted and so are his vocals. He can still do what we want him to do if he decides to but it puts too much strain on him in the long run. That would be my guess. Some of these videos are really much better than what we're used to. Credit where credit is due. 

I just wish he'd had a great night for the rio proshot. 

It's always some random show with only audience where he kicks ass and then as soon as there's a video or stream or audio or something it seems to be an off night. 

It's very frustrating, hopefully sooner or later the lightening strikes at the right time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

This is the first time I've ever seen an article slating his voice.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/10/axl_roses_vocals_mar_an_otherw.html

I agree with most of the article unfortunately. Don’t know what the hell theyre talking about by saying that Guns tunes down KOHD.

27 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Wait. Recent concerts, he sounds that good? Or are people just defending him? Cuz just a month ago in Sao Paulo, he didnt sound good at all. A word or two, or even a line in a song with rasp is not something I consider good. But if he does sound good lately... WTF?! 

The NA leg was different. He even rasped Paradise City a few times.

You can tell Axl's been sounding really good lately by the fact that there's been virtually no activity in this thread since the start of this NA leg :lol:. The latest Toronto gig sounded better then most of the videos I saw from 2016

Edited by Caedo
  • Thanks 1

On 12.10.2017 at 5:27 PM, onurbayrak03 said:

He sounded amazing on verses. Raspy mid-range, sounds just like the album. In higher parts he used falsetto, but its ok. This performance is equal to his 2010 level on some parts. Amazing 

Haven't been following them for a while, dropped in to see what's going on with his voice. I'm loving this. You can hear the control Axl has and the technique to sing the song properly with his voice in this clip. It's so cool as is the song of course.

On July 7, 2017 at 9:06 PM, IncitingChaos said:

I agree he has bad moments in the states but comparatively the NA leg is still superior to the current leg in terms of vocals but Europe wins setlist forever

Has anyone ever noticed that Axl's vocals started out with a very falsetto rasp? It's like he's gone full circle

I listened to a youtube boot of Madagascar from the first Toronto show and it sounded great. Really should have been an alternate for Sorry on the European tour, Sorry hasn’t sounded good this year (apart from Slash’s takes on the solo) but Axl can still pull out the rasp and the screams for Maddy.