The "Axl's Voice" Thread - Please Keep All Discussion Here

5 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

It's embarrassing how bad he sounds. 

I won't spend a single penny on a ticket in his current state.  The last time I saw him live was 2012 and I left after about 50 mins then... And to think, he's 10 times worse than that now.  It's completely embarrassing.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the Toronto show in 2016. He wasn't on par with his performance in AC/DC the same year, but it was good enough that I'd pay to see it..Once.

They did back to back shows the next year and I passed on both of them. Axl sounded terrible, and the price was fucking ridiculous, considering.

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought they have all been pretty good recently

I will check these out this evening. I did listen to the Madrid version from June 29th earlier today and couldn't make it through the song. 

Watched some clips from 07/04/18 - Nijmegen, Netherlands thread and Axl was rather listenable on YCBM/SCOM and even almost like normal old self on NR/Estranged/Patience. Maybe this is an ongoing tour improvement finally hapening which seemed almost mythical beforehand?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220058-070418-nijmegen-netherlands-goffertpark/?page=13

Edited by tadskis
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Does anyone else think Axl should publicly address what's going on with his voice?

what?? like a press conference? I don't think so. Axl's voice 'issues' are like when Granny farts, we all know but nobody says anything.

• Haha 2

He will not address it. At least not while the tour is rolling. Also, it's about time we accept that clean vocals with decent power behind them is what Axl does these days. An "on fire" Axl is clean, strong vocals with the bits of rasp here and there. He is getting there.

I don't think he sounds awful right now. He's improved quite a bit since the disaster that was Berlin. He sounds on par with standard NITL stuff, NA 2016 leg aside.

11 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

He will not address it. At least not while the tour is rolling. Also, it's about time we accept that clean vocals with decent power behind them is what Axl does these days. An "on fire" Axl is clean, strong vocals with the bits of rasp here and there. He is getting there.

I don't think he sounds awful right now. He's improved quite a bit since the disaster that was Berlin. He sounds on par with standard NITL stuff, NA 2016 leg aside.

Not acceptable. People are paying lots of money to hear this guy phone his shit in.

We know what he is capable of and this is terrible, imo.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Not acceptable. People are paying lots of money to hear this guy phone his shit in.

We know what he is capable of and this is terrible, imo.

This is pretty much how I feel. I would never be able to afford to go see them but the people who are going are spending a lot of money for him to do the only thing he's there to do well. It doesn't matter how well the rest of the band plays Axl's bad vocals are what stand out and are sadly what people focus on. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I dont know why some defends him and say he sounds better in AC/DC cuz AC/DC songs are easier/made for his voice, and GN'R songs are harder which explains why he sucks in GNR songs. Well, why cant he use that AC/DC voice for GNR songs then? It would be a vast improvement than what he currently uses.

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

This is pretty much how I feel. I would never be able to afford to go see them but the people who are going are spending a lot of money for him to do the only thing he's there to do well. It doesn't matter how well the rest of the band plays Axl's bad vocals are what stand out and are sadly what people focus on. 

Yet most people don't focus on that. They go to have a good time, hear some classic songs, see legends live. They don't overfocus on any particular part, but enjoy it as a whole show. And even those that do comment on Axl's voice seems to think it is still great. How do you figure? Maybe, just maybe there is something wrong with your approach here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yet most people don't focus on that. They go to have a good time, hear some classic songs, see legends live. They don't overfocus on any particular part, but enjoy it as a whole show. And even those that do comment on Axl's voice seems to think it is still great. How do you figure? Maybe, just maybe there is something wrong with your approach here. 

I mean, I don't really understand how that suddenly means his voice isn't shit? That's what we're talking about here. Are you saying his voice is great or that you just don't care that it isn't and that it doesn't matter? 

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I mean, I don't really understand how that suddenly means his voice isn't shit? That's what we're talking about here. Are you saying his voice is great or that you just don't care that it isn't and that it doesn't matter? 

I am disagreeing with your "what people focus on" statement. 

Besides, listening to recent videos from live shows, it seems his voice is great. 

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am disagreeing with your "what people focus on" statement. 

Besides, listening to recent videos from live shows, it seems his voice is great. 

I disagree, to me AXL sounds terrible. But I don't care, people don't care and enjoy the show so...

• Like 1