Jump to content
Pedrolg

The "Axl's Voice" Thread - Please Keep All Discussion Here

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

some people mentioned rock or bust and thunderstruck as mickey free -- and i agree

all the others were mickey infested

there is zero mickey on "rock the rock" so that is very good

===

brazil is a mess right now -- too complicated to explain

for you to have an idea, this evangelic preacher (video below) is the person who is gonna take care of Brazilian entire school/education system

If things keep on going like that, soon Brazil will turn into an armed teocracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEAzldLOoIc

I moved your last several posts about how Axl sounded in AC/DC to the proper thread. Please continue that discussion here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I really never doubted his ability in a studio. It's a very different environment from running around a stage. 

Exactly.  I've suspected (at some point in this thread) that Axl could sound very good in the studio.  The Looney Tunes thing proves it.  IF GNR can manage to make some more music, the studio version will sound like real Axl.  Live versions will sound like NITL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wish that a new recording would sound like Axl singing I Feel Good...that’s the voice Im looking forward to hearing.

That or the one he used on Stuck Inside, spitting venom all around.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I do wish that a new recording would sound like Axl singing I Feel Good...that’s the voice Im looking forward to hearing.

He sounded so good on that song. That was a very old school sounding Axl and it didn't seem to cause too much strain or take too much effort.  I wish he would use that voice on more songs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2018 at 8:50 PM, Alejandro GNR said:

That or the one he used on Stuck Inside, spitting venom all around.

 

that was stunning but 12 years gone by

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WAR™ said:

that was stunning but 12 years gone by

yeah but who knows...maybe he recorded something during that period.

Besides, Im sure he can still sing like that in a studio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm reasonably sure that IF we ever get more GN'R material it'll be the stuff from CD that Axl already recorded vocals for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm reasonably sure that IF we ever get more GN'R material it'll be the stuff from CD that Axl already recorded vocals for. 

I'll be disappointed if that's the case. Just release the cd stuff as is and actually make new music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I'll be disappointed if that's the case. Just release the cd stuff as is and actually make new music. 

Oh, I'm all for that. I'm just making a guess as to what will actually happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm reasonably sure that IF we ever get more GN'R material it'll be the stuff from CD that Axl already recorded vocals for. 

And I'm not going to complain about that.

From the sound of the vocals on 'Rock The Rock', his voice has changed. While they're not bad, he sings in the same style of 2017 (see 'Better', etc)

I'll take CD vocals over that anyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh, I'm all for that. I'm just making a guess as to what will actually happen. 

I agree that will most likely happen as well haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I'm so split. I want new material; but I feel like itd take Axl about 2 years of rest to get his voice back in order. He's only had brief stints of breaks between the touring in '09, '10, '11, '12, some shows in '13, '14 and now nearly 3 years of touring for NITL. I'm surprised the man can even still shout, let alone sing. And by the way he also did the AC/DC tour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Man, I'm so split. I want new material; but I feel like itd take Axl about 2 years of rest to get his voice back in order. He's only had brief stints of breaks between the touring in '09, '10, '11, '12, some shows in '13, '14 and now nearly 3 years of touring for NITL. I'm surprised the man can even still shout, let alone sing. And by the way he also did the AC/DC tour. 

I agree with the vocal rest but I don't think he needs 2 years.  Then again, recording that looney tunes song might have over taxed him, so yeah, give it 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically I could see a bunch of Chinese tracks with Slash and Duff recorded parts, and possibly a couple collaborations freshly recorded with the current lineup. I honestly think that rasp just hurts at this point but he can do it. I think if he used rasp like in the Illusion tours Axl would blow his voice out in a few shows these days. In the studio though, I am sure Axl can tear it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypothetical question- If the UYI lineup had toured in the mid-late 90s, do you think Axl still would have tried to take a cleaner approach to his vocals or would he have continued to sing in that damaging vocal style? 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always disliked the first three minutes of that Big Daddy Sweet Child.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The editing of that version is so fucking terrible I can't believe it ever got released. Along with Axl sounding like an impersonator trapped in a cave somewhere. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I've always disliked the first three minutes of that Big Daddy Sweet Child.

And I just love that voice ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish we'd gotten the re-recorded Appetite in some form. From what we've heard from Live Era, Axl's 1999 voice was kind of cool.

 

I would not have objected to hearing a different take on Appetite (maybe not as a full release, but maybe some box set bonus).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I really wish we'd gotten the re-recorded Appetite in some form. From what we've heard from Live Era, Axl's 1999 voice was kind of cool.

 

I would not have objected to hearing a different take on Appetite (maybe not as a full release, but maybe some box set bonus).

Appetite with You Could Be Mine instead of Anything Goes at that!

While I would have been against it being released on it's own (even back then), it would make for a cool bonus disc.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, --DEA-- said:

And I just love that voice ;)

Me too, I think he sounds great the first half.. Then the session musicians kick in.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know if someone noticed, but Axl rose sings better, I mean, with more power and drive. Specifically in Madison Square. And he did it both with GN’R and AC/DC. Does someone knows with there is a reason for that? Maybe they were recording the show in NY? I don’t think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jpgulde said:

I don’t know if someone noticed, but Axl rose sings better, I mean, with more power and drive. Specifically in Madison Square. And he did it both with GN’R and AC/DC. Does someone knows with there is a reason for that? Maybe they were recording the show in NY? I don’t think so.

You're just gonna have extra juice when you play NYC in the world's most famous arena.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at MSG Night 2 and while I enjoyed the show I thought there was plenty of falsetto (or "Mickey" as you guys like to call it).

I'm not reading this whole thread but has anyone noticed that sometime in 2017 he started singing the "Now I know you better, you know I know better" lines in a very strange projected voice that almost sounds like he's trying to belt it out Meat Loaf-style? It's very different from how he sang it on CD (or in any live performances prior to 2017) and it's kinda cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×