Jump to content
Pedrolg

The "Axl's Voice" Thread - Please Keep All Discussion Here

Recommended Posts

On 2/18/2019 at 4:16 PM, sl4yer said:

He had plenty of awful moments in 2018, 2017 too.  He is very inconsistent. I'd say he has some bad moments per show like YCBM, Rocket Queen and SCOM but on Shadow Of Your Love, Slither, Madagascar, Nightrain and more he sounds good or very good. I think there are more tracks where he sounds decent/good/great than where he sounds terrible

I used to think Nightrain was the song that Axl could do absolutely no wrong on. Even without rasp he still managed to make it sound pretty damn good live.

Berlin 2018 totally destroyed that illusion for me. It was even limited to Berlin. There was at least one other show where he made a right pig's ear of Nightrain.

It's So Easy seems to be the most consistently great performance in every NITL show. Shadow Of Your Love would sound a lot better if the band and Axl had worked a little more on the timings, because Axl and the rest of the band perform that song as though they're trying to see who can finish it the fastest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I used to think Nightrain was the song that Axl could do absolutely no wrong on. Even without rasp he still managed to make it sound pretty damn good live.

Berlin 2018 totally destroyed that illusion for me. It was even limited to Berlin. There was at least one other show where he made a right pig's ear of Nightrain.

It's So Easy seems to be the most consistently great performance in every NITL show. Shadow Of Your Love would sound a lot better if the band and Axl had worked a little more on the timings, because Axl and the rest of the band perform that song as though they're trying to see who can finish it the fastest.

Yeah I was shocked too after Berlin show. The other shows where Nightrain was failed you were reffering to are Download and Mexico I think. 

Yeah I haven't heard a bad it's so easy yet. The worst one I heard was propably from Rock In Rio but it still sounded good. Generally first 3 songs always sounds good. Jungle is still decent but in 2016 it sounded much better. And Double Talkin Jive always sounds great too. The Seeker, Don't cry and Patience are pretty consistent too. I agree about SOYL. Some versions are great and the other ones are almost unlistenable because of falling out of sync. But talking only about his voice it was consistently very good. Maybe he should do more high paced songs like that. Reckless Life? Nice Boys? You're Crazy? They should give it a try. Shame that he can't sing YCBM properly anymore.

Edited by sl4yer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Yeah I was shocked too after Berlin show. The other shows where Nightrain was failed you were reffering to are Download and Mexico I think. 

Yeah I haven't heard a bad it's so easy yet. The worst one I heard was propably from Rock In Rio but it still sounded good. Generally first 3 songs always sounds good. Jungle is still decent but in 2016 it sounded much better. And Double Talkin Jive always sounds great too. The Seeker, Don't cry and Patience are pretty consistent too. I agree about SOYL. Some versions are great and the other ones are almost unlistenable because of falling out of sync. But talking only about his voice it was consistently very good. Maybe he should do more high paced songs like that. Reckless Life? Nice Boys? You're Crazy? They should give it a try. Shame that he can't sing YCBM properly anymore.

Maybe they should set Frank's click track to double the tempo of Perfect Crime for every song, they could do an entire show in like 15 minutes.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sl4yer said:

You're Crazy?

 

This is the song I think he'd sound the best on, if they don't play it fast.

When he has time to sing/breathe properly (and isn't screaming away like he does on SOYL) I think he could sound as good as he did in 2012/13. Or at least that's what I thought in 2016-17 (look at I Feel Good, for example).

 

I think the key would be to play the Lies version.... raise the tempo and he's fucked. The Lies one is better than the AFD version anyway. I wish they'd bring the acoustic set back on the next tour, drop the covers in favour of You're Crazy, You Ain't The First, maybe Move To The City, they can keep Wichita Lineman... Patience and Wichita Lineman were among the best songs in the set for 2017-18, IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-20 at 2:52 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Patience and Wichita Lineman were among the best songs in the set for 2017-18, IMO.

Wichita Lineman was great :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×