The "Axl's Voice" Thread - Please Keep All Discussion Here

6 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Axl sounds ilke crap because he does not give a crap for GNR and does not keep his voice in shape.  

Well saying he "does not give a crap for GNR" is a bit of a logical stretch lol.  Anyway I am not interested in comparing to Chris Cornell or anyone else, for me I just disagreed with you that Axl lost his vocal power.

I do agree it COULD be just a matter of not giving vocally as much effort.  Whatever the reason, I would still happily see GNR this year if I could I bet its a great time for all those who go

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Well saying he "does not give a crap for GNR" is a bit of a logical stretch lol.  Anyway I am not interested in comparing to Chris Cornell or anyone else, for me I just disagreed with you that Axl lost his vocal power.

I do agree it COULD be just a matter of not giving vocally as much effort.  Whatever the reason, I would still happily see GNR this year if I could I bet its a great time for all those who go

Axl lost most of the power in his voice that is why he sounds like Mickey

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

Axl lost most of the power in his voice that is why he sounds like Mickey

That doesn't explain why he didn't sound like Mickey for 90 percent of both shows I saw last year.  This year I don't think he has "lost it" for good, just like how in 2012 I didn't think he did - I think it is an effort thing

Edited by WhazUp

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

That doesn't explain why he didn't sound like Mickey for 90 percent of both shows I saw last year.  This year I don't think he has "lost it" for good, just like how in 2012 I didn't think he did - I think it is an effort thing

He did sound like Mickey for all those shows LOL

Everyone kept making fun of Axl on the streams we all watched him on.

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

I was watching them on the streams, i watched teh whole tour last year. 

I watched the whole tour last year on streams as well as well as both shows I saw.  My point still stands

Edited by WhazUp

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

I watched the whole tour last year on streams as well as well as both shows I saw.  My point still stands

You are just lying to yourself but its cool

some fans swear up and down Axl sounded great at RIR3

Edited by gnfnr2k

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

If someone claims Axls sounds good at RIR 3 then they are wrong

I never said he did though and that is not what we are arguing lol.  And if someone thinks he sounds good, well they think he sounds good.  Who cares?

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I never said he did though and that is not what we are arguing lol.  And if someone thinks he sounds good, well they think he sounds good.  Who cares?

Then why do you care if someone claims he sounds bad?

I mean, i could find a ton of SCOM vids where he sounds weak... like the rock in rio 3 one you posted above although tbh I've heard him sing it even worse. I just picked one out from 2006, the year I felt his vocals were good.

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

Then why do you care if someone claims he sounds bad?

I don't have anything against difference of opinion, but you are literally in this thread calling people "delusional" for having a different opinion than yours a page earlier.  That just rubbed me the wrong way that's all

Just now, WhazUp said:

I don't have anything against difference of opinion, but you are literally in this thread calling people "delusional" for having a different opinion than yours a page earlier.  That just rubbed me the wrong way that's all

They are delusional if they think Axl sounds good like he did in the 90s

Just now, gnfnr2k said:

They are delusional if they think Axl sounds good like he did in the 90s

Well I don't think anyone is literally saying Axl sounds exactly like he did in the 90's, are they?  Just that Axl sounds good at times where you don't seem to think so.  That isn't delusion that is difference of opinion.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm not going to lie and say that Axl is still sounding as good as he was in 2016, however i don't think people are giving him a fair shake. For one, a lot of people are comparing his recent performances to Arlington and Houston, which is misleading insofar as those two shows are not the standard of the NITL tour. They were great shows, but they are not representative of Axl as he is in the NITL tour, even in the 2016 American leg. On my second point, it is important to remember that while time goes fast, Axl has been singing both Guns N' Roses and AC/DC consistently for a year and a half now, with only limited breaks. Some degradation in performance is bound to happen, although i don't think it significantly affects the overall experience. I attended the Brisbane, Australia concert and he blew me away. It was fucking amazing, and everything that i could have hoped for. Was it as good as Houston? Maybe, maybe not. But it was still a great fucking performance.

I totally agree with what you are saying here.  And all in all when it comes down to it I still would jump at the chance to see another NITL show

• Like 1

Don't be so dramatical. Axl sounds exactly how he used to be in 2011-2012-2014.  

In 2016 we have a better version of him. I think he's taking care of his vocals (60%) and he can't sing with the 2016 rasp (40%). 
The negative point is we'll have another proshot similar to Vegas 14 in a couple of months... 

Eventually he'll sing like 2016 if he rest at least 6 months or more... At least i hope so.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:15 PM, IncitingChaos said:

90's Axl wasn't as good as 86-89 Axl

best showing of his career here if you ask me 

Yes he nailed that, however as Matt once said, Axl's greatest performance was the Freddie concert (this is kick ass)-

56 minutes ago, Original said:

Yes he nailed that, however as Matt once said, Axl's greatest performance was the Freddie concert (this is kick ass)-

I bet Tom Petty would disagree haha his guest performances were amazing though. Still love his vocals with the stones on salt of the earth 

• Like 1