What Albums Are You Looking Forward To?

Gordon Comstock

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I thought it was very odd :lol:

----

@J Dog Have you heard Trial By Fire yet? It's so good. I've listened to it about 5-6 times since it leaked last night, and I'll say it's as good as Love Story. My top 3 are Violin, Do For Love, and True To Yourself. Sabrina isn't a favourite but it's definitely a stand out. What do you think of the album?

I'm still digging into it, only had a couple of listens so far. First impressions, solid. Almost like Love Story pt.2. I like it. I'd say every song is good. My only knock might be that as a whole it kinda has a same sound/vibe going on. Not that they all sound alike, just most of them have that kinda chill, laid back, almost quiet sound? Still good though, I'm gonna listen to it all weekend so I'll break it down a little more then. All those you mentioned are good. Keeps Me Alive, Son of a Gun, Get Mine, True to Yourself, are some early favorites of mine.

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

I'm still digging into it, only had a couple of listens so far. First impressions, solid. Almost like Love Story pt.2. I like it. I'd say every song is good. My only knock might be that as a whole it kinda has a same sound/vibe going on. Not that they all sound alike, just most of them have that kinda chill, laid back, almost quiet sound? Still good though, I'm gonna listen to it all weekend so I'll break it down a little more then. All those you mentioned are good. Keeps Me Alive, Son of a Gun, Get Mine, True to Yourself, are some early favorites of mine.

I kinda like that it's got the same vibe throughout it - Love Story was probably a better collection of songs but TBF is a more cohesive album. My only complaint would be that there's too many features, Punk and Keeps Me Alive could've been 10/10 songs if Yela did the hooks.

• 3 weeks later...

@J Dog this comes out on itunes etc. December 3rd but they're selling physicals on tour. It leaked today, lemme know if you need a link.

KbuueOGW_400x400.jpg

also from Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik 3, and the soundtrack to The Peanut Butter Falcon.

New Hopsin album comes out in a week, I'll check that out.

And still waiting for an Eric Nally record. His latest song is more of what I expected after Ruby:

• 3 weeks later...

New Eminem album in a week. Sadly I'm not even excited about it. First song was bad and he just released the track listing and guest features.

Beyonce. Alicia Keys. Ed Sheeran. X Ambassadors. Pink. Skylar Grey. Kehlani.

That's sad.

• 1 month later...

The new album from Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats comes out on March 9, excited for that.

Also looking forward to Yelawolf's next album Trunk Muzik 3, he's recording it now (and it will apparently be a proper album, not a mixtape/free album like the last couple Trunk Muzik's).

And I recently discovered this song, will definitely check out the album when it drops. The band is Cool Life, fronted by Alex Nauth (from Foxy Shazam), and their first single features Eric Nally, so it's almost kinda like new Foxy music.
https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/coollife

• 7 months later...

Not an album but I'm curious about this:

Interesting idea. The verses I've heard of his since Revival were actually decent too (Chloraseptic Remix and that song he did with Royce) so there's a chance he won't fuck it up.

Also I'm looking forward to new albums from VOLA, The Cruel Intentions and Monster Truck in the next couple months.

And Yelawolf's new album might be coming out late this year:

Spoiler

6f3d1b44-40c9-4e00-8a14-391c411f3037-png

(from the guy who books shows and runs the official Slumerican facebook page)