Ed Sheehan 2018 UK stadium tour

Mark1989

How can an artist like Ed Sheehan achieve a sell out UK tour like this. I think this shows how bad the music scene is at the moment. Music is in a awful state and I don't see it improving any time soon unless the big music companies start supporting independent artists instead of manufactured solo artist and boy/girl groups. On Ed Sheehan's last album he had over 15 different writers credited. Fair play to him for the number but I personally don't think he is anywhere near good enough. Especially considering bands with the stature and legacy GnR/ACDC only play 2/3 stadium shows per leg in the UK/Ireland. Its not like the tickets are cheap either £82.50 for standing St James Park Newcastle. 93qWtTT.jpg

It's fuckin insane. I tried to get some on behalf of someone else (honest) and couldn't get any out of 3 stadium shows at Manchester. Those extra dates at the bottom will sell out as fast as the ticketmaster servers will let them when they go on sale tomorrow.

Fair play to the guy, I honestly don't know anyone else - not even oasis could sell that many dates so quickly in the UK. 

2 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

It's fuckin insane. I tried to get some on behalf of someone else (honest) and couldn't get any out of 3 stadium shows at Manchester. Those extra dates at the bottom will sell out as fast as the ticketmaster servers will let them when they go on sale tomorrow.

Fair play to the guy, I honestly don't know anyone else - not even oasis could sell that many dates so quickly in the UK. 

This was my first though the only UK artist that could potentially achieve this would be Oasis. Yet again I'm not even sure they would at this stage. It crazy 

I've only heard brief snippets of his music but from what I've heard it sounded bland stuff, but still I cannot really comment from the paltry bits I've heard. He seems like a nice cheeky chappy in interviews. One thing he is doing that I like is a comprehensive tour of this sceptred isle, unlike a certain eighties rock band who couldn't move their backside from London.

17 hours ago, The Black said:

As far as pop music goes, this guy does have an incredible amount of talent. And he puts on a great live show all by himself. So yeah, kudos to him. 

I think he I good at what he does no doubt. I saw his Glastonbury set and I thought it was so boring it lacked energy. There was none 

This guy has to be the largest musical act in the world at the moment (and possibly ever!). 

Just had a look at his schedule and he's playing multi-night arenas in North America followed by multi-night stadiums in Asia and Australasia before coming to Europe to do the same.

I can't recall anyone in history selling out 18 stadium nights in a month in the UK.

I'm not a huge fan but I got tickets to one of the Manchester gigs partly to see what the fuss is about and partly to score some points with my teenage son!

If Adele did stadiums she'd sell them just as fast, it was impossible to get tickets for her arena tour. Tried for 3 different cities for my mom and failed.

Also I'm pretty sure that Take That with Robbie in the band was selling out stadiums like nothing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

If Adele did stadiums she'd sell them just as fast, it was impossible to get tickets for her arena tour. Tried for 3 different cities for my mom and failed.

Also I'm pretty sure that Take That with Robbie in the band was selling out stadiums like nothing 

Adele couldn't sell 18 stadiums in the UK - no way

These are the hungry one direction fans that have clung onto the latest trend, that's what's selling ed Sheeran tours. 

On 7/11/2017 at 6:48 PM, Axl_morris said:

These are the hungry one direction fans that have clung onto the latest trend, that's what's selling ed Sheeran tours. 

Hey... Hold on...! Lol

Nah, I think it's more than that. He seems to be crossing generations.

He's obviously not doing anything new, but his Glastonbury set is making people sit up and take notice.

Which is why I'm being ridiculed for saying (and are you ready for this!) I can see him being talked about in years to come on the same lines as Elvis, The Beatles, Nirvana etc...

None of these were truly original, but they just had something that connected them with the masses.

I've certainly never seen anyone blow up as big as this guy.

*Runs away to hide!!

He could be but I also don't think the Industry now doesnt allow for him to be as big as Elvis or the Beatles. A new guy and a new trend will come along much quicker than before. Internet speeds everything up, I wouldn't be surprised if ed is forgotten about in 10 years. He's need to be constantly selling out stadiums in a decade to be considered.

Is Lady Gaga the next Madonna?

Edited by Axl_morris