Does anybody else feel weird watching Slash play Sorry?

20 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I still think Axl had Slash in mind when he wrote a lot of those lyrics, so yes, as much as I like the song itself, I find it a bit awkward too.

20 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I still think Axl had Slash in mind when he wrote a lot of those lyrics, so yes, as much as I like the song itself, I find it a bit awkward too.

So

21 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Street of Dreams for example

“What I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore“

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Street of Dreams for example

“What I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore“

Those as well. Which could even relate back to when he thought Slash's soul left his body when he OD'd, if we wanna get really deep. :lol:

As far as what @StrangerInThisTown was saying, I really don't think someone, a musician, as intense and emotional as Axl is, can go through a breakup like that, and not write about it. Purely my own conjecture though of course.

9 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah, not only the "You know where to put your "just shut up and sing" line, but also the "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" bit.  Always thought that Axl was referring to the time he very publicly wigged out on Slash onstage in December of 1991 and told him he was going to "kick his ass" in front of a stadium crowd, for which he later apologized to Slash for. 

Wow.  You really read in to the lyrics.  It could be tomthe record company, his dad, lawyers, something from a book, or a combination of things.

most likely it's something we know nothing about.

i love how people know the music, performances, a somewhat limited set on interviews, but believe we can psychoanalyze axl.

kind of when a 14 year old thinks he's got the whole workd figured out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soon said:

Opps, he is alleged to have said that in there 20 year battle axl has proven himself to be "the stronger" and that axl had "won".  This was the infamous 2005 house call Slash made to Axls place, which Im sure you know about, but it wasnt clear that I was referencing since I mis spoke. 

I said "the victor" I should have said "won." 

To me, in the context, it doesnt change the jist of what I am saying.  Slash gave in, Axl won their battle of wills.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-says-slash-made-unannounced-visit-to-his-home-in-october/

Lol really? That's your source? An articel from blabbermouth written conspicuously partial like it's composed by MSL? I have another source that claims otherwise. 

Marc is clearly making assumptions and he says so. So no facts either. 

I don't think it's that hard to keep staying to the facts and to don't act like something I wanna to be true is true at all.

In this particular case nobody knows what happend except for Slash, Axl, Perla, and Beta. It's possible that even Axl doesn't know what happened if Beta didn't tell him the truth just "to protect" him. 

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

Why should they ignore a huge part of GN'Rs history? Slash said that he wouldn't mind to play these songs live shortly after the album was released

Why does Axl still ignore certain former members, who were a huge part of GNR's history ?  Slash has said that he wouldn't mind to play these songs live with them.

The CD haters in this thread again....lol! :lol:

Seems like whenever a song from CD is mentioned, some of you just have to say what a bad idea it is to play any of them and how bad they are. :lol:

I don't find it strange, I guess they settled their conflict and are on good terms now.

• Like 1

I liked hearing Slash saving most those songs. I never really got into CD, not enough feel into the songs or something. Slash as no other can bring a song to life and imo he does it with the CD songs. Except for Better, they shouldn't play it at all imo. I don't like how Slash plays that and Axl can't sing it well enough anymore. I loved hearing Sorry, Slash totally saved it and it was pretty good.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

The CD haters in this thread again....lol! :lol:

Seems like whenever a song from CD is mentioned, some of you just have to say what a bad idea it is to play any of them and how bad they are. :lol:

I don't find it strange, I guess they settled their conflict and are on good terms now.

The CD theme is as conflict arab-israeli, never finish ?

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Lol really? That's your source? An articel from blabbermouth written conspicuously partial like it's composed by MSL? I have another source that claims otherwise. 

Marc is clearly making assumptions and he says so. So no facts either. 

I don't think it's that hard to keep staying to the facts and to don't act like something I wanna to be true is true at all.

In this particular case nobody knows what happend except for Slash, Axl, Perla, and Beta. It's possible that even Axl doesn't know what happened if Beta didn't tell him the truth just "to protect" him. 

Thats the source at the top of the list when I took a second to look up for you.  Its a widely reported incident and Slash admits to going. 

Have a nice day

I honestly don't care who or what a song is really about as long it sounds good to my ears. Unless it's very specific like a rap diss track or something and names are getting called out. Plus if he's cool with playing it then I'm cool with watching it. I probably like the original better but that has nothing to do with it might be about Slash or whatever.

47 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I honestly don't care who or what a song is really about as long it sounds good to my ears. Unless it's very specific like a rap diss track or something and names are getting called out. Plus if he's cool with playing it then I'm cool with watching it. I probably like the original better but that has nothing to do with it might be about Slash or whatever.

When is Axl going to write his own "No Vaseline"?

• Like 2